X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by herpa2003
    Hopefully Emu is cheering for the 'Canes, as their defenseman Commodore graduated from the University of North Dakota!

GO 'CANES!
    eph that, I was a Roloson fan when he was on the wild. That and Matt Greene of the Oilers was the Sioux captain last year. Commodore left here before I arrived.

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Hopefully Emu is cheering for the 'Canes, as their defenseman Commodore graduated from the University of North Dakota!

GO 'CANES!

Leave a comment:

• a78jumper
    replied
    I saw those Bauer 190s here in TO the other day-$849.95. What the market will bear I suppose. I do not think I spent more than $250 on a pair of player skates in my life, what was top shelf two years ago is always greatly reduced to half or less to its original value. Guess I am fortunate I have smaller feet as my size is always available. About the goalie gear-I think that is what made many become goalies to begin with, the gear. I decided to become a goalie whenI turned 40 and really have not played out that much since. Being rather unemployed at present I play every day at a local 4 ice plex pickup/shinny. I agree not much fun being run but comes with the territory I guess. OILERS RULE!

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by Top_Gun
    Well there is a 30 day warranty on composite sticks

I'm amazed at hockey parents and how they will buy their kids anything. Our new skate line, the One90 comes out June 12th. The skate is so hot that we've sold out till our Holiday season. The skate retails for $599. USD, but there is so much hype about this skate.

Today we had a sales meeting, a Team Sales rep that fits these players like St Louis was there explaining how NHL'ers are coming to him in the locker room to get these skates for him. Doug Weight switched I believe from CCM to this skate in the first game of the third round playoffs and loves them

Chris Drury switched, both Sergi Federov and his younger brother, who were former Nike guys, and then have been in GRAF for years both switched. He said it's really amazing how many NON Bauer guys are calling these Bauer team reps up looking for these skates.

When we housed the NHL product for the US teams in our warehouse here in NH, I used to run it. It was pretty cool to see all the goal equipment come in, I would always try on their gloves before putting them away

Sorry for the work talk, it's a great job with sweet bonuses

Back on topic,
    Last I checked, Carolina was up 1-0 at the end of the first. Why was Conklin not playing goal, I never heard of the guy they had in there?
    30 day gaurentee is nice and it would have made sense for me when I was playing juinors hockey, but now I only play a couple times a month (in the winter). So with my luck it would break on day 31 .

I know what you mean about hockey parents. They're pretty nuts. My parents would always make my equipment as birthday/christmas/easter presents. But after I got my first job it was all on me...which was nice because then I could start buying the good stuff.

I bet that would be pretty neat seeing all that goal gear stockpiled. I do like the Vapor line of goal gear, but I gotta admit, I'm a TPS guy and have my eyes on their summit line when the time comes. I do want the new bauer goal skates though. I've heard nothing but good things from people.

Leave a comment:

• gdg9
    replied
    Let's Go Oilers!

Leave a comment:

• bbuse
    replied
    Originally posted by herpa2003
    All comes down to Monday in Raleigh! Lets go 'Canes!!
    I am cheering for the Oilers to return the Stanley Cup to Canada, where it belongs!!!

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    All comes down to Monday in Raleigh! Lets go 'Canes!!

Leave a comment:

• avro_arrow_25206
    replied
    Actually I'm a bit concerned for the Oilers. Peter Laviolette is going to do what he does best, and all his players will be fired up for the start of Game 7. Oilers need to continue their forechecking and work ethic.

I was surprised Erik Cole played like he did on his first game back. He was the best Hurricane in Game 6, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• YYZPICS
    replied
    woooooooooo Oilersssss!

Leave a comment:

• andrew_c
    replied
    Woot, and it goes to the Oilers!

Also good to see our PM there suporting the Canadian team, wOOt!

Leave a comment:

• G-DALE
    replied
    Well the first period of Game 6 has just started. Who's your money on for the cup?

I'm still saying the 'Canes...

Dale
    Last edited by G-DALE; 2006-06-18, 00:38.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    Originally posted by screaming_emu
    Awesome, I remember when Nike first took over bauer there was a pretty big decrease in quality/durability, but from what I've seen and heard that has gotten a lot better. Got to mess around with that new composite goal stick the other day, though I was shocked and horrified when I saw the price tag. When that broke, I'd probably cry
    Well there is a 30 day warranty on composite sticks

I'm amazed at hockey parents and how they will buy their kids anything. Our new skate line, the One90 comes out June 12th. The skate is so hot that we've sold out till our Holiday season. The skate retails for $599. USD, but there is so much hype about this skate.

Today we had a sales meeting, a Team Sales rep that fits these players like St Louis was there explaining how NHL'ers are coming to him in the locker room to get these skates for him. Doug Weight switched I believe from CCM to this skate in the first game of the third round playoffs and loves them

Chris Drury switched, both Sergi Federov and his younger brother, who were former Nike guys, and then have been in GRAF for years both switched. He said it's really amazing how many NON Bauer guys are calling these Bauer team reps up looking for these skates.

When we housed the NHL product for the US teams in our warehouse here in NH, I used to run it. It was pretty cool to see all the goal equipment come in, I would always try on their gloves before putting them away

Sorry for the work talk, it's a great job with sweet bonuses

Back on topic,
    Last I checked, Carolina was up 1-0 at the end of the first. Why was Conklin not playing goal, I never heard of the guy they had in there?

Leave a comment:

• avro_arrow_25206
    replied
    Originally posted by eagle334
    To me, its unbelievable that there are still tickets available. If this was a Canadien or Northern town, tickets for all finals games would be gone in about 8 minutes.
    I think he meant tickets for Game 5, which would only be put out for sale if Edmonton wins at least one game.

Originally posted by G-DALE
    the Oilers who kicked us Ducks out of the playoffs
    How/when did you decide to adopt Anaheim as your team?

Leave a comment:

• mikecweb
    replied
    eh?

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by Top_Gun
    Nike Bauer Hockey , last year we had Martin St Louis come to a Sales Meeting with Lord Stanley's Cup. I aslo got to see him up at our Custom Skate factory in St Jerome Quebec. It's a pretty sweet job, but watching hockey has become more difficult
    Awesome, I remember when Nike first took over bauer there was a pretty big decrease in quality/durability, but from what I've seen and heard that has gotten a lot better. Got to mess around with that new composite goal stick the other day, though I was shocked and horrified when I saw the price tag. When that broke, I'd probably cry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X