X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbuse
    replied
    Originally posted by A332
    Well... for those of us who absolutely hate the Edmonton Oilers, this couldn't be better news... it's unfortunate that a goaltender has to be injured like this, but at the same time I'm elated that the Hurricanes now have a huge opportunity to wipe the Oil up and take the Cup.

It has been a lame playoffs... no Flames and no Stars past the 1st round.
    Since I used to live in Calgary I really wanted to see the Flames in the Stanley Cup finals again, but after the Flames were eliminated I decided another Alberta team should go on to the finals and am happy to see the Oilers there. But unfortunately the Oilers now have less of a chance of winning the series.

Leave a comment:

• eagle334
    replied
    Originally posted by herpa2003
    Who knows, if this thing gets back down to Raleigh after the two Edmonton games then I might have to buy some tickets!
    To me, its unbelievable that there are still tickets available. If this was a Canadien or Northern town, tickets for all finals games would be gone in about 8 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    Originally posted by screaming_emu
    oh yeah? Care to share which one?
    Nike Bauer Hockey , last year we had Martin St Louis come to a Sales Meeting with Lord Stanley's Cup. I aslo got to see him up at our Custom Skate factory in St Jerome Quebec. It's a pretty sweet job, but watching hockey has become more difficult

"Get'R Done" is from Larry the Cable Guy, a stand up comedian on the Blue Collar Comedy Hour. I've seen him once, he's really funny!

"Lord I appolgize...."

Leave a comment:

• G-DALE
    replied
    I've got a feeling it's gonna be a fairly close final few games, but I think Carolina will come out on top, especially now that the Oilers have lost Roloson.

To be honest I'd actually like to see the Hurricanes win too, as it was the Oilers who kicked us Ducks out of the playoffs

Dale
    Last edited by G-DALE; 2006-06-07, 08:07.

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Go 'Canes!

Went to Raleigh today. Hurricanes flags, red and white everywhere you looked. The Hurricanes goalie (Ward) had amazing saves last night, truly mind boggling how he was able to see and stop the puck.

Who knows, if this thing gets back down to Raleigh after the two Edmonton games then I might have to buy some tickets!

Leave a comment:

• Airbus_A320
    replied
    Originally posted by PT737SWA
    They're still playing hockey?
    Thats exactly what I was about to write

Leave a comment:

• A332
    replied
    Originally posted by YYZPICS
    A tough start for the oilers, I didnt expect them to win the first game but to be up 3-1 at one point is huge, the oilers out played them in ever period, you could even say the third. theres no way the canes are winning any in Edmonton.
    They were actually up 3-0 at one point.. and regardless... it's the score at the end of the game that matters... for Carolina to rally back from a 3 goal deficit actually indicates that they dominated the latter part of the game...

Oh.. and losing their 'star' goaltender in the last 6 minutes was probably not a good thing either... he's pretty much the main reason why the Oilers are in the finals.

If Edmonton wins any at home, they'll be lucky!

I'm gonna go get out my broom... I think some sweeping is in order!

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    I'm still pissed the Sharks screwed themselves over.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by PT737SWA
    yup...and in the south no less!

Leave a comment:

• FlyingPhotog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bobby
    replied
    Originally posted by ACman
    get er' done!
    American phrase? :P

Something happened like this on a much lower level, much lower, to my hockey team. We're in the playoffs (inline) right now and we had a game last night, we lost by one in the last 20 seconds .

But one of our defensemen got shot in the eye by a BB gun so he won't be able to even be there to support us or anything. It's pretty saddening but we all think he'll be alright. He was pretty good too, and we could have used him last night...anyways enough jibber jabber...I had a hat trick so that's all that matters

Leave a comment:

• eagle334
    replied
    I just can't get into Carolina winning the Cup. Especially after having the hometown Sabres lose to them in game seven of the conference finals and listening to that knucklehead Doug Weight saying they won the series because they "out played the Sabres". I would like to see how the Hurricanes would have played if they had lost their top 4 defensemen and their top scorer.

Leave a comment:

• YYZPICS
    replied
    A tough start for the oilers, I didnt expect them to win the first game but to be up 3-1 at one point is huge, the oilers out played them in ever period, you could even say the third. theres no way the canes are winning any in Edmonton.

Leave a comment:

• ACman
    replied
    If Edmonton gts the cup, this is the first time in some 20 years. Personally, I hope Edmonton gets it, they made it this far pretty good, but so did the Caines. But im a Canadian, a Canadien Fan, and I support Canada, so Oilers, get er' done!

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by Top_Gun
    It's sad that I work for a major Hockey company, and could care less about the Stanley Cup, not sure if it's because the Bruins are so hard to watch or that Hockey in general has changed so much...
    oh yeah? Care to share which one?

And hey, things could be worse, you could be a capitals fan like I am

Leave a comment:

Working...
X