Stanley Cup Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by screaming_emu
    Two words sums up why they're so interested in the cup down there...

shiny object
    Bling Bling..Let's make spinners!
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
      PS - Carolina isn't a deserving city for the cup, IMO.

More like isn't a deserving team for the Cup. I absolutely despise the Carolina Hurricanes, mainly because they are the Thrashers' biggest and hated rival (The team that should really be our biggest rival are the Preds since Nashville is closer to Atlanta than Raleigh [Stupid NHL conferences]). I feel as though the bad blood between the two teams was why they phoned it in the last week of the season to help keep us out of the playoffs. I went to one of the late season games against the Hurricanes, and some of their fans that made the trip were the most annoying and rude away team fans I have ever encountered. I paid good money for my seat (well over $100 as I decided to treat myself to a great seat one row back from the glass) and could barely watch warmups because of Canes fans getting in my way (they were probably sitting in the cheap seats) as I tried to watch and take photos. The game in question was quite physical, and on the hockey forum I post on things got a little chippy between Thrashers and Canes fans. They were saying the Thrashers were "playing dirty" and Hartley was "bush league", meanwhile, the same was being said by Thrashers fans about the Canes. I almost picked up a 7 day ban on the site because of this game (I posted in the Canes forum on this site in a thread about the game, and got nailed for "trolling" and "spamming" for defending the Thrashers and complaining about their fans who were at the game [Some of their folks knew who I was talking about and agreed that a few were annoying]. I also got warned for discussing warnings in the forum [This particular site does not list a rule about "discussing warnings", and one of the moderators for the Thrashers forum thought the warning points I got were b.s., but couldn't do anything about them because they were issued by a global moderator {the guy even edited some of my posts on the Thrashers forum as well, which irked some of the members}).

Comment

More like isn't a deserving team for the Cup.
        Whatever... the Hurricanes sat up on top of the Eastern conference pretty much the whole regular season... they outplayed every other team right til the end.

Your Atlanta Thrashers were simply inferior in 2006... get over it.
        My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

eh, it could be worse...you could be a caps fan

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            eh, it could be worse...you could be a caps fan
            So true, but if they can get some folks around A.O., the Southeast Division could be even more interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X