Stanley Cup Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go 'Canes!

Went to Raleigh today. Hurricanes flags, red and white everywhere you looked. The Hurricanes goalie (Ward) had amazing saves last night, truly mind boggling how he was able to see and stop the puck.

Who knows, if this thing gets back down to Raleigh after the two Edmonton games then I might have to buy some tickets!
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I've got a feeling it's gonna be a fairly close final few games, but I think Carolina will come out on top, especially now that the Oilers have lost Roloson.

To be honest I'd actually like to see the Hurricanes win too, as it was the Oilers who kicked us Ducks out of the playoffs

Dale
      Last edited by G-DALE; 2006-06-07, 08:07.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        oh yeah? Care to share which one?
        Nike Bauer Hockey , last year we had Martin St Louis come to a Sales Meeting with Lord Stanley's Cup. I aslo got to see him up at our Custom Skate factory in St Jerome Quebec. It's a pretty sweet job, but watching hockey has become more difficult

"Get'R Done" is from Larry the Cable Guy, a stand up comedian on the Blue Collar Comedy Hour. I've seen him once, he's really funny!

"Lord I appolgize...."

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
          Who knows, if this thing gets back down to Raleigh after the two Edmonton games then I might have to buy some tickets!
          To me, its unbelievable that there are still tickets available. If this was a Canadien or Northern town, tickets for all finals games would be gone in about 8 minutes.
          Wayne Dippold

Comment

Originally posted by A332
            Well... for those of us who absolutely hate the Edmonton Oilers, this couldn't be better news... it's unfortunate that a goaltender has to be injured like this, but at the same time I'm elated that the Hurricanes now have a huge opportunity to wipe the Oil up and take the Cup.

It has been a lame playoffs... no Flames and no Stars past the 1st round.
            Since I used to live in Calgary I really wanted to see the Flames in the Stanley Cup finals again, but after the Flames were eliminated I decided another Alberta team should go on to the finals and am happy to see the Oilers there. But unfortunately the Oilers now have less of a chance of winning the series.
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Gun
              Nike Bauer Hockey , last year we had Martin St Louis come to a Sales Meeting with Lord Stanley's Cup. I aslo got to see him up at our Custom Skate factory in St Jerome Quebec. It's a pretty sweet job, but watching hockey has become more difficult
              Awesome, I remember when Nike first took over bauer there was a pretty big decrease in quality/durability, but from what I've seen and heard that has gotten a lot better. Got to mess around with that new composite goal stick the other day, though I was shocked and horrified when I saw the price tag. When that broke, I'd probably cry

Comment

eh?
                Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by eagle334
                  To me, its unbelievable that there are still tickets available. If this was a Canadien or Northern town, tickets for all finals games would be gone in about 8 minutes.
                  I think he meant tickets for Game 5, which would only be put out for sale if Edmonton wins at least one game.

Originally posted by G-DALE
                  the Oilers who kicked us Ducks out of the playoffs
                  How/when did you decide to adopt Anaheim as your team?

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                    Awesome, I remember when Nike first took over bauer there was a pretty big decrease in quality/durability, but from what I've seen and heard that has gotten a lot better. Got to mess around with that new composite goal stick the other day, though I was shocked and horrified when I saw the price tag. When that broke, I'd probably cry
                    Well there is a 30 day warranty on composite sticks

I'm amazed at hockey parents and how they will buy their kids anything. Our new skate line, the One90 comes out June 12th. The skate is so hot that we've sold out till our Holiday season. The skate retails for $599. USD, but there is so much hype about this skate.

Today we had a sales meeting, a Team Sales rep that fits these players like St Louis was there explaining how NHL'ers are coming to him in the locker room to get these skates for him. Doug Weight switched I believe from CCM to this skate in the first game of the third round playoffs and loves them

Chris Drury switched, both Sergi Federov and his younger brother, who were former Nike guys, and then have been in GRAF for years both switched. He said it's really amazing how many NON Bauer guys are calling these Bauer team reps up looking for these skates.

When we housed the NHL product for the US teams in our warehouse here in NH, I used to run it. It was pretty cool to see all the goal equipment come in, I would always try on their gloves before putting them away

Sorry for the work talk, it's a great job with sweet bonuses

Back on topic,
                    Last I checked, Carolina was up 1-0 at the end of the first. Why was Conklin not playing goal, I never heard of the guy they had in there?

Comment

Well the first period of Game 6 has just started. Who's your money on for the cup?

I'm still saying the 'Canes...

Dale
                      Last edited by G-DALE; 2006-06-18, 00:38.

Comment

Woot, and it goes to the Oilers!

Also good to see our PM there suporting the Canadian team, wOOt!

Comment

woooooooooo Oilersssss!

Comment

Actually I'm a bit concerned for the Oilers. Peter Laviolette is going to do what he does best, and all his players will be fired up for the start of Game 7. Oilers need to continue their forechecking and work ethic.

I was surprised Erik Cole played like he did on his first game back. He was the best Hurricane in Game 6, IMO.

Comment

All comes down to Monday in Raleigh! Lets go 'Canes!!
                              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                                All comes down to Monday in Raleigh! Lets go 'Canes!!
                                I am cheering for the Oilers to return the Stanley Cup to Canada, where it belongs!!!
                                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                                X