No announcement yet.

The World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, since you're so obviously unimpressed with the game, let's see your Portugeese play a better game against England.

Comment

• Originally posted by TAP-A343
      Why don't you use your own expression "utter crap" instead?
      Because he isn't as lame as you are?
      Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
      - Metzgermeister

Comment

• Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
        Well, since you're so obviously unimpressed with the game, let's see your Portugeese play a better game against England.
        Is it possible to play worse than Germany and Argentina did today?

Although, there's always the possibily that the referee will ruin the game like Ivanov did.

Originally posted by MaDbOy
        Because he isn't as lame as you are?
        It's his expression not mine just in case you didn't notice.

Cheers.
        TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

• Originally posted by indian airlines
          I was replying to TAP.

But interesting, you don't have faith in your own team?
          Sorry I thought you was replying to me. I have a lot of faith. I thought the Argentine and Germany game was good

Comment

• England might win, provided they don't vomit in the heat

Comment

Why don't you use your own expression "utter crap" instead?

Cheers.
              Umm, perhaps because it wasn't "utter crap"? Admittedly, there could have been more goals, but the game went the full 120 minutes plus penalties, what more do you want? And if you want to blame someone, blame Argentina's coach for taking out Riquelme and not brining in Messi.

Btw. Italy is already leading 1:0, and that through a regular goal . Nonetheless, for me it's still "UKRAINE! UKRAINE!"

Originally posted by Mungous
              England might win, provided they don't vomit in the heat
              Beckham was just expressing what he thought of the game .

Comment

Umm, perhaps because it wasn't "utter crap"? Admittedly, there could have been more goals, but the game went the full 120 minutes plus penalties, what more do you want? And if you want to blame someone, blame Argentina's coach for taking out Riquelme and not brining in Messi.
                In the first half, there were 3 shots on goal (1 on target) by Germany and 1 shot on goal and on target by Argentina. Most of the game was played in the centre of the field with lateral and backward passes mostly by Argentinian players.

In the second half, Argentina scored their goal from a corner kick right in the beginning and played defensively until Germany scored. On the other hand, Germany was unable to show any creativity in their game except in the move that resulted in their goal despite trying hard to get a goal.

In extra time, I don't remember watching any chance to score from both teams.

Very poor game in my opinion, especially considering that both teams aspired to be world champions and Germany was playing at home.

Cheers.
                TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

In the first half, there were 3 shots on goal (1 on target) by Germany and 1 shot on goal and on target by Argentina. Most of the game was played in the centre of the field with lateral and backward passes mostly by Argentinian players.

In the second half, Argentina scored their goal from a corner kick right in the beginning and played defensively until Germany scored. On the other hand, Germany was unable to show any creativity in their game except in the move that resulted in their goal despite trying hard to get a goal.

In extra time, I don't remember watching any chance to score from both teams.

Very poor game in my opinion, especially considering that both teams aspired to be world champions and Germany was playing at home.

Cheers.
                  None of that was because of lack of quality. When two equally matched teams play against each other you're bound to reach some sort of an impasse. It makes it all the more interesting if you are rooting for one of the two teams playing in the match, because then you have a vested interest in it.

A good defense is just as good as a good offense, and I think it was well matched here. Also, penalty kicks just make the game all the more interesting.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

• Bring On Italy baby!

@ Colin, and every other german speaking person:
                    Die "Spaghettis" wird die deutsche National-Elf im Halbfinale weglutschen wie ein Schoko-Eis unter der heißen Sonne Siziliens.
                    - Metzgermeister

Comment

• Originally posted by MaDbOy
                      Bring On Italy baby!

@ Colin, and every other german speaking person:
                      Die "Spaghettis" wird die deutsche National-Elf im Halbfinale weglutschen wie ein Schoko-Eis unter der heißen Sonne Siziliens.
                      As a strong Germany supporter and non-German speaker, I feel it's my duty to translate that into English for other non-German Germany fans.

"The Italians will melt like ice-cream" I believe is the gist of what Richard said.
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

• Keep Translating Zchicken .
                        - Metzgermeister

Comment

• Ok, here's what I got:

The "Spaghettis" becomes the German soccer national team in the semi-final weglutschen like an Schoko ice under the hot sun Siziliens.

Clearly there is talk of Italians and melting ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by indian airlines
                            As a strong Germany supporter and non-German speaker, I feel it's my duty to translate that into English for other non-German Germany fans.

"The Italians will melt like ice-cream" I believe is the gist of what Richard said.
                            Still got some excellent German skills Tanuj, perfect translation . And extra kudos for deciphering that "German" that Richard wrote .

Comment

And extra kudos for deciphering that "German" that Richard wrote .
                              Just because Germany won, I aint gonna flame you
                              - Metzgermeister

Comment

• Originally posted by MaDbOy
                                Just because Germany won, I aint gonna flame you
                                Too bad I couldn't say the same about Holland .
                                Oh wait, you don't care, you have already given up supporting your home country .

Comment

Working...
                                X