The World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believed in Germany. They lost.

Moving on with the better team, namely Portugalia !
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

• Wooooooo Azzurri!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MaxPower

Moving on with the better team
      once agian bandwagon

Comment

• I will support Italy when the hell freezes to ice !

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxPower
          I will support Italy when the hell freezes to ice !
          Great

Comment

• Originally posted by YYZPICS
            once agian bandwagon
            Why would it not be legitimate to support a team which has still chances to win the cup when your favorite team is already out?

Comment

• Originally posted by magic48
              Why would it not be legitimate to support a team which has still chances to win the cup when your favorite team is already out?
              Just saying he is to break some balls, bro world cup is to support your country.

anyways time to hit St.Clair......

Comment

Just saying he is to break some balls, bro world cup is to support your country.

I've been supporting France since 1998, five years before I visited it... through 2002 and this Cup. You can support a country that you've never been to if they're a country you like and appreciate.

And you can't just stop watching once your country is eliminated can you?

Comment

And what if your country doesn't play football?

The world cup is more about watching great football and good theatre (Italians)...getting caught up in the spirit of it all and having fun.

Support your country's team if you want, support any other team if you want...it really doesn't matter. What matters is once the team you were supporting is out, start jeering at the teams you hate.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

• Thank you Indian Airlines. Nice post.

I wish Philippines were in the Cup as well. But Pinoys only knows how to play Basketball.

BBall is our national game too. 4 years ago I went to the philippines, visited a bar in manila, and you should see pinoys in both the teams shirt, cheering on one or the other. I was rather amazed how cheerful it was, knowing how pinoys regularly to any sports, but this was very different. They really showed their enthusiasm that evening. Oh btw it was saturday night, at 2 am, the first game on that night. Bar was full. Ended the night with great experiences about my fellow country men !. You know we can also be enthusiased about Soccer.

Comment

• Originally posted by indian airlines
                      And what if your country doesn't play football?

The world cup is more about watching great football and good theatre (Italians)...getting caught up in the spirit of it all and having fun.

Support your country's team if you want, support any other team if you want...it really doesn't matter. What matters is once the team you were supporting is out, start jeering at the teams you hate.
                      Very well said. And as said as it is that we lost, we have gone farther than anyone predicted. Everybody said we would be lucky to even reach the 1/8 finals, and voila, we made it to the semi-finals, and that with actually playing football, not with a dual catenacchio like a certain team .
                      Going this far, we can say that we are better than ARG, BRA, CZE, and most importantly, ENG and NED .
                      We have seen a country in an ecstasy that it hasn't seen in decades, with millions of people on the streets, and even more in front of the TV sets.
                      We have proven, despite all the pessimists complaining before the WC, that we are very well capable of holding a large tournament like this, and the motto, "The World visiting friends" has been proven very true. And really, the only thing bad about the FIFA World Cup has been, and I'm sure most will agree with that, the FIFA itself.
                      Still gonna watch the 3 games left, and as much as it pains me to do it, I shall be supporting France from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        and as much as it pains me to do it, I shall be supporting France from now on.
                        Now who where you again?
                        Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                        - Metzgermeister

Comment

• Some German with an identity crisis.

Comment

• Le France win!

Anybody else notice how Cristiano Ronaldo was getting booed everytime he had the ball?
                            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

• France vs Italy world cup final!
                              Good luck to both, should be a great game!

Comment

• ON EST EN FINALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                (We are in final )

Manu

And good luck to Italy on Sunday (My wife is Italian )

Manu

My other pictures: http://pbase.com/pitchul

Comment

Working...
                                X