The World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    Wow...a red card in the last game of his career. That headbutt was pretty stupid.
    Yes and No

Yes,
    this headbutt was stupid
    Zizou (zee-zoo) did not hold his temper
    and so on

No,
    Depending of what he said to ZZ, Materazzi probably deserved this headbutt

The finals itself was also pretty exiting, although it was nerve racking at times. The number of goals during regular time was low, but they was action anyway.

Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Longreach747
      equally class act by Materazzi to go out of his way to disregard what FIFA had billed as a "Say No To Racism" tournament. If it's true that Marco racially vilified him or the French team (and i don't doubt it cos Marco is a dirty player) then he got what he deserved. The trophy isn't worth the personal abuse...If FIFA has balls they will demand Materazzi explain himself because there is far more to this rubbish then Zidane just deciding to to headbutt Marco.
      Still to headbut someone??, this is Zidane were talking about, ive now lost all respectful for him.... and Materazzi would have no problem taking zidane down

Comment

• On the news here, on the scroller at the bottom they are reporting that Materazzi called his sister a prostitute.
        Sam Rudge
        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Yup, they are reporting the same thing here. If that is indeed true, I respect Zidane for giving Materazzi just 1 headbutt and not beating the living crAp out of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleboy
            reporting that Materazzi called his sister a prostitute.
            oo noo, who cares....

Comment

• Pity their mouth and not skill won the game for them. Tsk tsk, shame what Italy has become since 1982!

At least Zizou won the Golden Ball! He truly deserves it.

Comment

• The Ronaldo Game
                Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                - Metzgermeister

Comment

• Is anybody else happy that Zidane headbutted Materazzi? I for one think it's awesome.

He completely owned Materazzi on the field, dropping him down like a fairy-boy and then walked off the field cool as a cucumber just to win the Golden Ball the next day. Tremendous respect.

Couldn't be a better exit from football.

Btw, it wouldn't have mattered even if Zidane was taking a penalty kick, because the Italian thespians sent all their kicks in, so even if Zidane had taken a kick (and obviously sent it in), Trezeguet would have come in anyway at number 6 to take a kick.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

• Originally posted by indian airlines
                    Is anybody else happy that Zidane headbutted Materazzi? I for one think it's awesome.

He completely owned Materazzi on the field, dropping him down like a fairy-boy and then walked off the field cool as a cucumber just to win the Golden Ball the next day. Tremendous respect.

Couldn't be a better exit from football.

Btw, it wouldn't have mattered even if Zidane was taking a penalty kick, because the Italian thespians sent all their kicks in, so even if Zidane had taken a kick (and obviously sent it in), Trezeguet would have come in anyway at number 6 to take a kick.
                    France felt like shit after Zizou left the field. For all we know they could have made it FRA 2 1 ITA two minutes later. Or ITA could have scored two more. There's really no use speculating what would or wouldn't have happened (as fun as it is ... FRA 6-1 ITA ). I don't mind Italy won so much as how they won. I wish they won on skill and not mouthing off- that would have been a real victory.

Either way, Zidane ended his career with quite an amalgam of emotions- the only French goal, the Golden Ball, and millions of people justifying what he did! If you gotta go, go with style, huh?

Is he still playing for Real Madrid or have we seen the last of his brilliance?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLcenter
                      Is he still playing for Real Madrid or have we seen the last of his brilliance?
                      He retired from Madrid at the end of La Liga so his last game would obviously be in the World cup.

Comment

• from what i've seen/heard from BBC and other reports it goes something like this...

"your mother is an Algerian whore, i wish your family a terrible death, go fuck yourself" if any of that is true then Marco should never be allowed to set foot on a field again.

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

• Originally posted by Longreach747
                          from what i've seen/heard from BBC and other reports it goes something like this...

"your mother is an Algerian whore, i wish your family a terrible death, go fuck yourself" if any of that is true then Marco should never be allowed to set foot on a field again.
                          1up?

Watch this !
                          http://view.break.com/125792
                          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

• And what did zidane do to provoke him??, I say, well done Materazzi......

just found out, zidane wants to say sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by YYZPICS
                              well done Materazzi......
                              Hmm... Maybe you want to play like an Italian footballer by diving etc but that is just ridiculous. I think you would react if someone called your moth a whore. I know I would have done the same as Zidane!

Comment

• Originally posted by RingwaySam
                                Hmm... Maybe you want to play like an Italian footballer by diving etc but that is just ridiculous. I think you would react if someone called your moth a whore. I know I would have done the same as Zidane!
                                headbutt, i would of kicked him in the face, zidane did the right thing, but im sure matt.. didnt just randomly say it.

Comment

Working...
                                X