Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English only at Philly cheesesteak joint

Yahoo News

Geno's — which together with its chief rival, Pat's King of Steaks, forms the epicenter of an area described as "ground zero for cheesesteaks" — has posted small signs telling customers, "This Is AMERICA: WHEN ORDERING `SPEAK ENGLISH.'"

"They don't know how lucky they are. All we're asking them to do is learn the English language," said Geno's owner Joseph Vento, 66. "We're out to help these people, but they've got to help themselves, too."

Now I'm sure this will piss off some people, but I'd sure in hell bring my business to places like these

If they were local, I'd give Subway a big finger and go there. Even if it meant ordering something and giving it away. More businesses and Americans need to teach others English. I don't mind "Press 1 for English, 2 for French, 3 for Spanish..." etc, but it should never be "1 for Spanish, 2 for English...". I'm multilingual and thankful for it, but honestly. Just learn English.

Comment

This was all over the radio in Minneapolis today for whatever reason. The announcers were being all racist making fun of everyone who speaks spanish.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

This guy needs to pry his head out of his asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
          How? He's not asking people to forget their native language. He's just asking people learn the language of their new countries in addition to their native language.

Dear God, you guys are making me out to be a conservative

Comment

They just released a photograph of the joint's owner. He looks oddly familiar, but I can't put my thumb on it...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
              They just released a photograph of the joint's owner. He looks oddly familiar, but I can't put my thumb on it...

LMFAO

Comment

This might be a dumb question, but who is that? (And don't say the cheesteak owner guy)

Comment

This might be a dumb question, but who is that? (And don't say the cheesteak owner guy)
                  I was wondering the same thing but hesitated to ask.

Comment

that's our very own clueless conservative, Wanabee777

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                      that's our very own clueless conservative, Wanabee777
                      A.k.a. "Shoot all the Mexican's that try to cross the border".
                      sigpic

Comment

Lmfao! It makes perfect sense now.

Comment

um, no, in the US, English is the official languague, so he has every right to put signs up promoting the english languague.

btw, where has Wannabepilot777 been lately? I've missed his senseless rants!

Comment

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what the owner's doing. He has every right... but whether they attract more "pro-English" customers than the loss of Spanish speakers remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                              btw, where has Wannabepilot777 been lately? I've missed his senseless rants!
                              From what I heard last, he went down to the US-Mexico border to "Take care of things himself". Apperantly, a Texas rancher who was very moved by our friends little rant noticed someone walking around the border, and decided to follow Andy's advice. No one has seen him since.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X