Life is not worth being honest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is not worth being honest

So, I'm sitting here at work, possibly on one of the last days that this company exists. It looks like 2 years, after we discovered that our previous co-owner had screwed our company out of €150,000 , our struggle to financial survival is about to end.
    2 years, in which me, my father, who owns the company, and my mother have done everything to make up the loss we encountered at the hands of another person, including using our own money to pay bills.
    2 years, in which we tried to sue the guy who screwed, but with a process that ended because the person declared "Personal Insolvancy", so no chance of getting that money back.
    2 years, in which tried our outmost to gain new customers, and repay all our bills.
    2 years, in which we cut all side costs, like reducing electricity consumption by €40.
    2 years, in which we have been screwed by customers, suppliers, and gas companies.
    2 year struggling, and now the end appears to be near.
    Now, the latest that we took was the news that we can't provide supply to schools anymore, as the powers that be, read, the school authority, had an unpublicized competition to provide the supply, and since we neither knew about that nor would we have been willing to bribe the authority, we have now lost a total of 17 customers.
    It looks like this will be the final neck breaker. So now, I will soon be on the street without a job, and only a very slim chance to ever get a good job, with my merci relying on whether social securities will be paying me any money at all.
    You know, I normally don't bother to talk about stuff like this on a forum, but I just had to talk about it. Needless to say, I'm currently in a mental state somewhere between depression, suicide, and homicide on the guy who caused us all these problems.
    I wish I could say that I'm positive that something good will happen, but honestly, I have given up. These past 2 years have clearly shown that you have to be a criminal to survive in our modern-day economy. Quite frankly, that p!sses me off big time, but I can't do anything about it.

Anyway, I don't know what will happen, when it will happen, or how it will happen, but I know this: It will happen soon, and things will get really ugly.
    Until then, it's just killing time until the inevitable happens...

Well I give you my best Colin, dont give up and start looking for jobs if you want. All us JP.netters are holding out for the best!

PS we may start a "Colin Fund" hehehehe
    -Kevin

Comment

Colin, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. That sucks.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Bunch a rubbish...people can be assholes. I think you need the services of Agent 47 and the ICA....

I feel for you brother...
        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Colin.
          For you to post this here shows that you are very saddened at the outcome,and while none of us can help directly there is support.I do not know the full story but I do know of your hardship and sacrifice over the past two years.
          Not that it is any consolation to you,but I have been in a similar situation…yep someone went tit up owing my business $35000 and still walked away with their million dollar house and BMW after telling the courts he was broke.
          Firstly it would seem that you and your parents are great support for each other.and that needs to be maintained.Don’t forget your parents will be feeling the same as you are,and probably worse.The business is their income and future,and like any parent hope to provide a good start for their kids. They may well be feeling a lot of embarasement and thoughts of failure after seeing you sacrifice part of your youth.
          Secondly,I know this is difficult but you need to try as much as possible to not let this have an impact on the rest of your life.
          I know there is still some hope,but if the worst happens you must start the rebuilding immediately,not just for income but for dignity and self asteem.
          You and or your parents may already have a plan or plans but it is so important to maintain your hopes for the future and the things you enjoy.
          It may seem at times a long way from the bottom mate but you will get there if I can read the guy behind the ramblings in these forums.
          Just to let you know we’re with you Col.
          My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, expecially you Greg, they are very much appreciated.
            And while my parents and I currently don't have an alternative plan, we are actively working on it. But unfortunately it is not too easy to make an alternative plan work. For example, my dad and I were planing on making money via arranging deals between two parties, and then make some money off of that, but everything always gets delayed, and these delays are a killer. For example, we were close to arranging a deal for a German company that wanted to buy footballs in time for the World Cup, 5-10,000 of them, manufactured in China, and we'd have gotten $1 provision for every football. But that deal always got delayed, and now it's too late for it. And that's been the same with many other deals, unfortunately.
            But, there's no use crying about that, somehow we'll have to go on.

At least I have the somewhat satisfactory knowledge that the guy who screwed us will soon go to jail hopefully, for some other things he did. That guy was the started of "Cyberradio" btw, if that tells you something.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Colin, I hope things will get better for you...

this might cheer you up a little.
              Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
              - Metzgermeister

Comment

Hey Colin, sorry to hear about all the crap that that douchebag has put you and your family through. Seems to be extremely common throughout the corporate world nowadays. I have to dissagree with your statement that life isn't worth being honest. Sometimes it does seem like life would be better if you decided not to give a damn about other people, but that would only be in the short term. Being successful at work is important, and it does pay off quite a bit. But to me its not even close to the satisfaction one gets by being a good person who does actually have concern/respect for others. In most cases, bad people get what they deserve. Be it via their own concience, or simply being lonely because they screwed over all their potential friends. In the long run, you'll be a better person than the guy that screwed you over. You still have what is important which is friends, family, and dignity. I'm not saying that things wont be difficult in the near future, but at least you have friends and family to lean on to help get you through it all. Best wishes.

oh yeah, and I gotta point out how similar your situation is to many pilots (and other employees) here in the US. S**t hits the fan because somebody can't run an airline. Said employees give up a whole bunch of money/benefits and get f**ked anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
                  this might cheer you up a little.
                  how'd you find that?

And Joe, you're right, being good usually pays off, but currently, I am not too convinced about that, however, if that guy actually gets sentenced to prison, even if it's for a different crime, then I'll be a bit more convinced again .

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                    Well I give you my best Colin, dont give up and start looking for jobs if you want. All us JP.netters are holding out for the best!

PS we may start a "Colin Fund" hehehehe
                    Im in the game for it.
                    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Hang in there mate. Think of it this way: things can't get really get any worse, so it must get better soon!

I'll also break my penny jar for the Colin Fund. It should be at least 5 pennies in there

Comment

Dont give up on your values because of this incident, God will help you find a way.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN
                          Dont give up on your values because of this incident, God will help you find a way.
                          Care to elaborate on how?

Comment

I'm an atheist .

Comment

I have had a personal experience which was nothing short of a miracle so I know God does help, how it happens I cannot explain.

Comment

Working...
                              X