Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Photography Website

www.debargephoto.com

Just got the new domain a couple of days ago and have been working hard on it. I was hosting it on a friends server before...but I'd rather have my own.

So what do you guys think about it?

Comments on what can be improved?
    Bobby DeBarge
    www.debargephoto.com
    http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
    1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Nice one

Got a suggestion for you, rather than having the thumbnails linked to the original image (700KB +) create a separate thumbnail (around 20 KB). This will be a lot faster for visitors to your site

Comment

Hi Bobby, well it looks good. I am in a similar position. I have just bought a URL and some server space for the year - www.jid.me.uk
      I have a couple of pages up at the moment but it by no way finished. One tip I will give you as far as site design goes is - on your portfolio page don't use full sized images as thumbnails and resize them with the html, edit the photos to the size required on the page. This will make the image load fast and look better.

Good luck .. Jid

Comment

It's nice. Good job bro!

Every site starts off small, but without doubt over time you will accumulate quite a sizable portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by jid
          Hi Bobby, well it looks good. I am in a similar position. I have just bought a URL and some server space for the year - www.jid.me.uk
          I have a couple of pages up at the moment but it by no way finished. One tip I will give you as far as site design goes is - on your portfolio page don't use full sized images as thumbnails and resize them with the html, edit the photos to the size required on the page. This will make the image load fast and look better.

Good luck .. Jid
          this just proves no one reads my posts

Comment

Λ
            |

We were replying at the same time ... and I read yours straight after I posted my comments, so don't worry your reply was read to keep your mind at rest

Comment

Hey thanks guys!

Yeah the thumbnail thing has been an issue, but I needed to get the Hockey gallery up asap so I just did them all like that, but now that I have time, I'll go back and redo them.

Thanks!
              Bobby DeBarge
              www.debargephoto.com
              http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
              1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

Working...
              X