Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or is this what I think it is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or is this what I think it is...

Where doing Poerty in English as the last unit. The project im typing up now is the "Poetry Love Log", where we select 10 poems and wirte a summary on it and ect...

Now the question is, what the hell does this Stanza mean?

"I hoped that he would love me,
    And he has kissed my mouth,
    But I am like a stricken bird
    That cannot reach the south
    ."

I asked my friend what he thought, he thought the same thing, that this lady wants to go downstairs and you know what to this guys what not.

Does this mean what I think it does, or am I absolutly courrpted?
    -Kevin

Beats the shit outta me...It hated poetry, all this old english shit...talk normal people.
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

I think the author wanted to show that hne woman caanot reach something she really wants or something she's waiting for for very long. As we know in winter birds fly to the south, where they will rest as it's nice there - same with the woman she wants something that is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
        I think the author wanted to show that hne woman caanot reach something she really wants or something she's waiting for for very long. As we know in winter birds fly to the south, where they will rest as it's nice there - same with the woman she wants something that is nice.
        You pass English 10!
        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
          Phhhhht! Democrat....

My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
            You pass English 10!
            LOL I hope I'll pass English 11...exam on wednesday...

Comment

You're absolutely corrupted Kevin.

Specifically, this stanza (although I don't know what the rest of the poem is) seems to mean that no matter how hard she tries she can't feel true love. Patrick was more or less right, the south is a place the birds like to go to in winter and it's being used as a metaphor here.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                being used as a metaphor here.
                That's the word I was looking for !!! Thanks

Comment

I think its obvious...the author can't get some.

Comment

To me it sounds like her man went gay and won't let her teabag him.
                    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                    X