Creating Photo Website, questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Photo Website, questions...

I am thinking about starting a photo website in the future. The topic would be entirely separate from aviation, but I would like it to operate similiar to this site an A.net as far as ease of use, database, links, text, etc etc. I have been looking over the web for software and am wondering if anyone here has any ideas or recommendations? Thanks.

Greg
    DFW Tower.com

Try researching PopPhoto, it's old but still pretty good. The newer version is Pixaria, uses a similar interface to the likes of Getty but it costs to get. Looks very good though.

Some alternatives:
    Coppermine Photo Gallery
    Gallery

Both have lots of addons like PayPal, Shutterfly etc. I've used Coppermine it's pretty good & easy to manage.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check them out. BTW, that is the best avatar I've ever seen!
      DFW Tower.com

Comment

I've just recently aquired my own website, and I'm liking it so far. I scripted my own galleries as I didn't know about all these different pre-made galleries :P

You can check mine out if you'd like...
        Bobby DeBarge
        www.debargephoto.com
        http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
        1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by gdg9
          Thanks, I'll check them out. BTW, that is the best avatar I've ever seen!
          thanks

Comment

For my photo site I took the easy way out and just wrote raw html to display the pictures. The link is in my sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
              For my photo site I took the easy way out and just wrote raw html to display the pictures. The link is in my sig.
              That's pretty much all I did too, it's just mine has a little more coding, but not too much.
              Bobby DeBarge
              www.debargephoto.com
              http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
              1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

I just don't have the time to do that, also too much management involved to keep everything updated.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
                  I've just recently aquired my own website, and I'm liking it so far. I scripted my own galleries as I didn't know about all these different pre-made galleries :P

You can check mine out if you'd like...
                  php or just the visual html?

Comment

See I want to have one where views are counted, where there are sortable categories, date place etc, and that others can upload too. Similiar to how this and a.net are operated.
                    DFW Tower.com

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                      php or just the visual html?
                      php
                      DFW Tower.com

Comment

Working...
                      X