Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbuse
    replied
    People may think Detroit is bad, but living in the Twin Cities and hearing about the numerous murders and other violent crimes happeing daily in the Twin Cities I have to wonder if Detroit could be worse. A friends teenage daughter and her friend were robbed at gunpoint a week ago just a couple blocks away from where I live, which would be considered to be a "good" part of the cities. Needless to say, I don't feel safe and tend to be very careful when I am out in the cities.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    People I know who have been to Detroit say some parts are nice, but those parts are few and far between. One of my teachers got carjacked on vacation there on his way to a Tigers Baseball game, and he was only there for less than two days. I wouldn't have any reason to want to go to Detroit.

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Originally posted by expoITHscohen
    Every time I went, it felt like we were stuck in trafic for a good 2 hours.
    Though you could say that about most larger metropolises in the US .
    As for me, haven't been to Detroit, but I'd still wouldn't my car breaking down on 8-Mile road .

Leave a comment:

• expoITHscohen
    replied
    I've been too Detroit a few times. (all in the same summer, which I spent in Ann Arbor) Its an alright city, nothing TOO special. Parts of the city are nice (like where Tiger Stadium is) but all in all, the worst part about the city (IMO) is the traffic. Every time I went, it felt like we were stuck in trafic for a good 2 hours.

Leave a comment:

• pkonowrocki
    Guest replied
    I've been to Detroit once and I only stopped to visit the Ford museum...not really a nice city to have a car engine failure. i prefer Windsor

Leave a comment:

• Star Alliance
    replied
    Can't be too bad, after all, it produced the Bus

Leave a comment:

• ATLcenter
    started a topic Is Detroit THAT bad?

Is Detroit THAT bad?

Okay, folks. I've heard the "My uncle's brother went to Detroit and came back with one testicle..." type stories, but I gotta ask: are things that bad there? I seem to remember it as a nice city with a lot of really fun things to do. But then again, I was six years old when I went there, so for all I know, I could be confusing Windsor, Canada and Detroit.

DTW was nice when I connected through!
Working...
X