Clear All

• kcmh
    replied
    Your small

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Originally posted by kcmh
    Uhhhhhhhhhh were not that small either. We are the largest city in Ohio.

During the 80's we were a cowtown 90's saw huge growth in and around the city, and yes crime did rise.

In 2004 this city had 88 murders
    In 2001/2002 both years had 81 murders

Hell in 1995 we only had 600 murders in the entire state of Ohio!
    I meant small in comparison to Chicago and NYC. I guess it is all relative...?

Leave a comment:

• kcmh
    replied
    Originally posted by herpa2003
    Still way too high. Even NYC and Chicago in their worst years rarely topped 500 murders a year. I can't imagine a small city like CMH exceeding the number of murders in NYC and Chicago combined...

Uhhhhhhhhhh were not that small either. We are the largest city in Ohio.

During the 80's we were a cowtown 90's saw huge growth in and around the city, and yes crime did rise.

In 2004 this city had 88 murders
    In 2001/2002 both years had 81 murders

Hell in 1995 we only had 600 murders in the entire state of Ohio!

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisburns
    Seeing how this was 15-16 years ago... times may have changed, but it was pretty bad. Apparently your not any good at math either, 2 X 365 = 730 and max of 3 a night would be 1095.
    Still way too high. Even NYC and Chicago in their worst years rarely topped 500 murders a year. I can't imagine a small city like CMH exceeding the number of murders in NYC and Chicago combined...

Leave a comment:

• chrisburns
    replied
    Originally posted by kcmh
    Your wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off Chris. 2-3 a night would put us @ 1200 murders a year. No. Last year we had @ 120 murders nowhere near your rate.

Seeing how this was 15-16 years ago... times may have changed, but it was pretty bad. Apparently your not any good at math either, 2 X 365 = 730 and max of 3 a night would be 1095.

Leave a comment:

• kcmh
    replied
    Any major city is going to have all of this, I used to live in Columbus, Ohio, and you usually heard about 2-3 murders a night, its pathetic that there are some people out there like that...........

Your wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off Chris. 2-3 a night would put us @ 1200 murders a year. No. Last year we had @ 120 murders nowhere near your rate.

Leave a comment:

• expoITHscohen
    replied
    Originally posted by PortColumbus
    Which Columbus, Ohio did you live in?
    I live in the one right by Austin Texas, how 'bout you?

Leave a comment:

• PortColumbus
    replied
    I used to live in Columbus, Ohio, and you usually heard about 2-3 murders a night,
    Which Columbus, Ohio did you live in?

Leave a comment:

• chrisburns
    replied
    Any major city is going to have all of this, I used to live in Columbus, Ohio, and you usually heard about 2-3 murders a night, its pathetic that there are some people out there like that, I'm sure New York is just as bad, Detroit always has rough spots, I would say a good 50% of Colorado Springs are rough areas that I wouldn't want to walk around even in the day, now Grand Forks, thats a different story.... I would walk around anywhere there at night.

Leave a comment:

• a78jumper
    replied
    That is a large part of the problem in Toronto right now a well. The fiberals have gotten hold of the justice system, and animals that belong in jail are walking free on the streets to wreck their particular brand of havoc. Mainly south asian, west indian and chinese gangs here.

As for Detroit, it always had a rough edge to it, at least in my lifetime. Parts of most major US cities are in similar circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• bbuse
    replied
    Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    The reporters said it is mostly Asian gangs to blame for the sudden growth in violent crime, I find that surprising as I've only seen a handfull of asian people in the MSP area.
    This the first time I have heard this, but I also have heard before that it is mostly gangs from Somalia that is to blame. Personally I don't think it is a particular ethnic group that is to blame as much as it is a failure of the police departments and judicial system to make sure the people responsible for these crimes are put into jail AND REMAIN in jail. The current crime situation is causing myself (and many others) to reconsider if the MSP area is where we want to call home.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    The reporters said it is mostly Asian gangs to blame for the sudden growth in violent crime, I find that surprising as I've only seen a handfull of asian people in the MSP area.

Leave a comment:

• bbuse
    replied
    Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    When I was in the cities in June, I heard on the radio violent crimes had gone up 30% in Minneapolis since 2004, which is more than any other city in the midwest, including Chicago. I can belive it, I see drug deals all the time in the middle of the quiet suburbs in near-by Richfield. Although MSP doesn't seem have a bad reputation with most people, I find it to be just as dangerous as bad parts of Oakland. I see more crime in a week in Minneapolis than I see in an entire year when I'm constantly in or around San Francisco(which has some bad parts) and Oakland. Noticing this makes me think.
    MSP may not have a reputation around the US for being a city with a high crime rate, but when you live here and regularly hear news reports of violent crimes and have friends personally victimized by violent crimes you realize how bad the crime situation is here. The crime situation is probably one of the top problems in the MSP area right now. A couple of factors that contributes to the high crime rate is a police department that is understaffed and a court system that frequently releases hard core criminals that should not be out on the streets.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Originally posted by bbuse
    People may think Detroit is bad, but living in the Twin Cities and hearing about the numerous murders and other violent crimes happeing daily in the Twin Cities I have to wonder if Detroit could be worse. A friends teenage daughter and her friend were robbed at gunpoint a week ago just a couple blocks away from where I live, which would be considered to be a "good" part of the cities. Needless to say, I don't feel safe and tend to be very careful when I am out in the cities.
    When I was in the cities in June, I heard on the radio violent crimes had gone up 30% in Minneapolis since 2004, which is more than any other city in the midwest, including Chicago. I can belive it, I see drug deals all the time in the middle of the quiet suburbs in near-by Richfield. Although MSP doesn't seem have a bad reputation with most people, I find it to be just as dangerous as bad parts of Oakland. I see more crime in a week in Minneapolis than I see in an entire year when I'm constantly in or around San Francisco(which has some bad parts) and Oakland. Noticing this makes me think.

Leave a comment:

• ATLcenter
    replied
    Originally posted by bbuse
    People may think Detroit is bad, but living in the Twin Cities and hearing about the numerous murders and other violent crimes happeing daily in the Twin Cities I have to wonder if Detroit could be worse. A friends teenage daughter and her friend were robbed at gunpoint a week ago just a couple blocks away from where I live, which would be considered to be a "good" part of the cities. Needless to say, I don't feel safe and tend to be very careful when I am out in the cities.
    Hmm...DTW and MSP. Maybe it's NW?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X