Hypothetical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical Question

Is a person wanting to be an airline pilot technically screwed if they receive a police citation for underage posession of alcohol?
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Originally posted by herpa2003
    Is a person wanting to be an airline pilot technically screwed if they receive a police citation for underage posession of alcohol?
    Are you asking "for a friend"?
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Well, this person should decide to be a politician. Drunkeness, vehicular manslaughter, hell that can get you 44 years in office in some states.

Comment

Depends on how good your lawyer is.

Comment

Spill the beans man, how'd it happen?

Comment

Really, IMO, no, since all you have is posession of alcohol (which no offense, if you were in NY, you wouldn't even be really charged) It would be different if you were drunk in public, DWI, or such on. Also, I don't think it really matters unless you were driving drunk. Driving drunk, and being drunk are two totally different things.

Comment

It's fine herpa2003. In 5-10 years time when your at that interview they will see this happened so long ago and it's not like it's murder or anything, so they'll put it in the Irrelevant catagory.

It's only a minor offence like my speeding ticket, tis water off a duck's back.

Comment

Most juvenile offense records are sealed at the age of 18 unless you have committed a violent crime and even then if the judge over the cases rules sealing the case then it is sealed...example, West Memphis Arkansas three juveniles beat and murder a younger child, they are sentanced to the state school for boys until the age of 18 and released on their 18th birthday with all records sealed..

Minor in Possesion is not a major offense (felony) and if it occured prior to your 18th birthday I would not even put it on an application...

Tell your friend not to worry...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                  Well, this person should decide to be a politician. Drunkeness, vehicular manslaughter, hell that can get you 44 years in office in some states.
                  Cute. Real cute.

Signed,
                  All of us from Massachusetts.

Seriuosly, I'm from Mass. and Georgia. My Senator killed a girl, and a representative just slapped a Capitol Cop! Maybe the problem is me

Comment

Glad to hear that it is nothing to worry too much about. Although all the money that I was saving to buy a car with now has to go to pay for an attorney. I guess that is the price people have to pay for being stupid!
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Glad to hear that it is nothing to worry too much about. Although all the money that I was saving to buy a car with now has to go to pay for an attorney. I guess that is the price people have to pay for being stupid!
                      Pfft, just freaking plead guilty. I mean what chance do you have to actually win the case?

Comment

Yeah save the money hehehe, if it was a simple speeding ticket then you should just plead not guilty, but when it comes to this you don't have many things going towards you.
                        ***My Blog***

Comment

Live and learn.

Lets say I was hypothetically going to go fishing for tiger sharks in the San Francisco bay. Then lets say I ran around with them on the 4th of July and threw one through an open window into my ex-girlfriends room. Then lets say I hypothertically dump 5 or 6 into the swimming pool of my rival High School. While we're at it, what if I were to leave a shark on someones doorstep, ring the doorbell, and videotape the reaction from a safe distance. Or even better, wear my friend's FedEx uniform, and wheel a shark in a fishtank to someones door and insist they ordered it. Would this be a no-no?
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

hahahahhahahaahahah, lmao the Fedex one sounds like a good idea hahaha.
                            ***My Blog***

Comment

Very funny Chasen !
                              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X