Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Korea Launches test missles against NATO's orders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea Launches test missles against NATO's orders.

North Korea test-fired a long-range missile and five shorter-range rockets early Wednesday, but the closely watched long-range test failed within a minute, U.S. officials said.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- North Korea launched a long-range Taepodong-2 missile early Wednesday in an apparently unsuccessful test that failed in flight, a senior State Department official said.

North Korea also tested at least two smaller missiles, U.S. sources told CNN.

Both missiles were launched from a site other than the one intelligence officials have watched for weeks ahead of the long-range missile test, a senior State Department official said.

The United States, Japan and other countries have warned North Korea against a long-range missile test, saying such a move would be considered a provocation.
    Uh-oh. I wonder what action the US and Japan are going to take...the last thing we need is another war.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

well, since NK wanted a reaction, I doubt they'll get one from the U.S. and Japan, and hell the one missile failed.

Comment

Yes, and not only did it fail, it was just a test, they wern't shooting it at a country, it was probably just going to hit the ocean somewhere.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I think its freakin hillarious that the long range one failed I have a feeling someone is going to get beaten or killed for it not launching though

Comment

At this juncture, I'm reminded of a very philosophical quote:

"sticks and stones may break my bones, but missiles will never hurt me"

Comment

north korea - yawn
            bombs - yawn
            george bush - yawn

Comment

Your title says that NATO gave orders to North Korea not to fire the missiles. NATO did not. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization did not comment on the missile tests.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                I think its freakin hillarious that the long range one failed
                You can say that agian! Also, I've heard that N. Korea doesn't have the technology yet to arm this missle with a nuke and that these missles are inaccurate because they don't have some kind of targeting syestem or whatever.

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

Well like some media is saying, the only reason North Korea launched those 6 missles is because the world has been paying to much attention towards Iraq and Iran.

HAHAHA, North Korea is like a big baby wanting its mommy.

Comment

Hehehe they named it dong.

Comment

After looking at the missiles, anyone else believe that Kim Jong is just trying to compensate for something else?

Comment

If he wears high heels then maybe not.

Comment

All these missile tests just stirring up the japanese and the United States nerves. Though they failed, the levels are in a slightly higher level now. Wouldnt you think the same ?
                          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I just hered on the news that North Korea tested a 7th one today(Wed.) and might launch more missles in the next couple of days.

Comment

I sense alot of Aegis destroyers movement in the japanese ocean.

What else do you have mainland ?
                              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X