Chew on this one twice. !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chew on this one twice. !!!!

Every year, billions of animals are killed for food in the United States alone. PETA’s video “Chew on This” sheds light on animal suffering and highlights many of the other reasons to choose a compassionate, plant-based diet. Vegetarianism not only spares billions of animals from horrific suffering, it also spares your waistline. Furthermore if you care about the environment and more specifically global warming you should seriously consider a vegetarian diet. To learn more on a vegetarian diet and how it helps the animals, the environment and your health, please go to: www.goveg.com

How retarded is the person, grabbing a hollowblock and dropping it on to the dying pig. ???
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Pure propaganda.

There are more than enough places that process meat very hygenically and sanitarily. There's nothing inhuman about such establishments. However, propagandists will always find the few places that serve their purpose and will show that.

I can find tons of material, including videos (and I have a couple at home on video cassette too) that show large-scale meat processing facilities, where everything is mechanized and clean.

PETA might have their cause right but they certainly go about it in wrong ways. I personally am no supporter of theirs.

Man, I could easily refute 95% of those idiotic "points" they are making in that video. Infact, I'm going to do it in a little bit.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

its not our fault animals taste good

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
        Pure propaganda.

There are more than enough places that process meat very hygenically and sanitarily. There's nothing inhuman about such establishments. However, propagandists will always find the few places that serve their purpose and will show that.

I can find tons of material, including videos (and I have a couple at home on video cassette too) that show large-scale meat processing facilities, where everything is mechanized and clean.

PETA might have their cause right but they certainly go about it in wrong ways. I personally am no supporter of theirs.

Man, I could easily refute 95% of those idiotic "points" they are making in that video. Infact, I'm going to to it in a little bit.
        Clean or not, Mechanized or whatever, wouldnt you say those clips in that video was intrusive to people. Im not a veggie, but still at some points they pretty much had some good points.

I havent researched or anything about it but here in Denmark, they processed it in a way that the animals wont feel the pain, chickens are being boiled in a very hot whatever( I dont know what you call it) making them die very fast, cows will get a shot of something similar to a nail into the head. Pow. And nothing like the clips where they beat the cow to death. I know this is only happening at few places, again Im saying my conclusion in term of what I saw in that video. I dont know otherwise how they proces the stuff or anything after they have been killed.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
          its not our fault animals taste good
          Indeed . Well, except for pigs, though.

Comment

I'm a vegetarian, for my own reasons (no none of that meat is murder protesting bullshit) and these PETA people just need to shut the fvck up already. Stop telling people what/what not to eat.

Comment

Okay, here goes:

1. Because heart disease begins in childhood.
              A. And? I don't see how this supports becoming a vegetarian, because it's not like vegetarians spend their entire life eating nothing but steamed and boiled vegetables.

2. Because a vegetarian diet reverses heart diseases.
              A. Rubbish. First off, it doesn't reverse heart disease. Secondly, if you add enough butter/oil/whatever to any food you're going to end up with heart disease, even if it's organically grown brussel sprouts. Add that to lack of exercise and you're getting it for sure.

3. Because eating meat and dairy makes you fat.
              A. Because eating french fries, pizza, mashed potatoes, cakes and pastries doesn't? Not to mention milk is one of the most nutritious food sources.

4. Because you shouldn't have to lie to your kids about the food that you eat.
              A. Riight...because kids have fully developed cognitive faculties and are fully able to comprehend the right and "wrong" of eating meat. Sometimes a little white lie is necessary. If they really want people to stop lying to their kids (what lies anyway?), I suggest they start a campaign telling kids where babies "really" come from, why they've never seen the tooth fairy and who Santa Claus really is.

5. Because in every package of chicken, there's a little poop.
              A. I highly doubt that. Even if there is, that's the whole point of washing food before you cook it.

6. Because meat is filthy and bloody.
              A. Filthy? No. Bloody? Aren't we all?

7. Because it isn't fair.
              A. And what is fair? The lion killing zebras in the prairie is "fair"? Polar bears eating fish is "fair"? There's no question of fairness here...since the day this earth has existed and species have existed on it, the prey-predator relationship has been there.

8. Because no living creature wants to see their family slaughtered.
              A. Cover their eyes then. Seriously, this point is ridiculous. If the world ran based on everybody's "wants", I seriously doubt it would be where it is today.

9. Eating meat can cause impotence.
              A. Wrong. Eating meat or any other fatty food in excess can cause diseases like diabetes, which in turn sometimes cause impotence. Eat in moderation and exercise, everything will be fine.
              Idiots.

10. Because Mad Cow disease is in the US.
              A. So eat chicken, pork, fish, turkey, whatever. Also, Mad Cow is spread when spinal cells from an infected cow are ingested by humans. Stay away from the tenderloin and you're good to go. Tenderloin is the only section of muscle susceptible to contamination with spinal cells.

11. Because it's violence you can stop.
              A. It's not violence. The whole thing I explained above about propaganda answers this point.

12. Because no one should have to make a living out of killing.
              A. I'm sure if they had such a great problem doing it they wouldn't be doing it. And I don't see it as killing, I see it as providing us food.

13. Because it takes a small person to beat a defenseless animal.
              A. Agreed. However, I don't really see any beating taking place in good legit meat processing plants.

14. Because no animal deserves to die for your tastebuds.
              A. See #7. Also, no person deserves to be blind. No person deserves to be crippled. Deserve is a vague word. Again, animals have been killing animals for as long as we know - 'deserve' doesn't come up at all.

15. Because the grain used to feed them (animals) could feed them (children)
              A. Or, the meat procured from animals can be used to feed them (children).

16. Because more that half the water on earth goes to raising animals for food.
              A. And? Global Warming is happening, icecaps are melting, water shouldn't really be a problem (not that it is).

17. Because they're defenseless.
              A. Evolution yada yada. I don't want to explain it all over again.

18. Because they don't want to die.
              A. See #7, #14. Quoting the Rolling Stones - "You can't always get what you want."

19. Because no matter how you slice it, it's still flesh.
              A. Sure, but depending on how you cook it, it's good food.

20. Because commerce is no excuse for murder.
              A. Yeah, I'm sure primitive man killed animals for money.
              It's not murder.

21. Because might doesn't make right.
              A. Big words, ridiculous point. This is not a power struggle between man and animals. We kill them for food - end of story. I don't see where the issue of 'might' comes in.

Originally posted by Maxpower
              Clean or not, Mechanized or whatever, wouldnt you say those clips in that video was intrusive to people. Im not a veggie, but still at some points they pretty much had some good points.
              Intrusive to people? No.

In that entire video, the only correct point they had was that eating fish doesn't make you a vegetarian. I agree, but that point had little to do with the video so it's quite irrelevant.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Hehe, Me and being a vegetarian, The only Rabbitfood I eat comes from the Big Mac . (Yes, Irony)
                Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                - Metzgermeister

Comment

IA, wicked post. I can't agree more. They are just their with a super-biased one sided view. They have their agenda, and they will do anything to make it heard.

The majority of animals are killed in a humane manner. And even if, we are the superior predator. Too bad for them. I'm sure the gazelle mother doesn't want to see her kid being ripped apart by lions. Too bad, so sad.

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  http://view.break.com/123147

How retarded is the person, grabbing a hollowblock and dropping it on to the dying pig. ???
                  And for the record, that is not how pigs are killed for consumption!!!! That would be the most inefficient way to do it. This is crap from crappy people. This are isolated cased, and from some of the pictures, they look like small farms not large operations that have high standards and humane ways to slaughter animals.
                  My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

I'm at work eating my lunch and its a big piece of steak that I bbq'd before I came in today. You can't tell me Pamela got her big boobs by eating lettuce!

Comment

I think her boobs were made by Dupont.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                        I think her boobs were made by Dupont.
                        No meat there eh Jordan!

Comment

I'm vegetarian, and as much as I feel eating meat is wrong, I disagree how PETA shoves it down the throats of people. God, if I were an omnivore, PETA would do a better job of making me a carnivore than turn vegetarian. There are better ways of doing things...

I guess I feel even though the world isn't "fair", one can do their little part to make it better. I don't see courts telling children who witness their mothers' rape and murder that life isn't fair and they should cover their eyes. But then, life doesn't always run on your wants, does it?

IC, I agree with your take on the "healthiness" of eating vegetarian though. Unless you eat grass with a tomato on the side, eating veg. is not much healthier. Substituting a slice of pizza for a steak and feeling proud is a joke.

Comment

You're right Indian. I'll step down. You got some good pointers there.

Guys, Dont kill me, Im not saying they were right about this. It was just a question. On what you think. Nothing else.

Comment

I'm all for vegetarianism (although I am not one myself), BUT I think it's ok to eat meat. What's not ok is the way some people treat animals before they kill them for food.

I eat meat myself. But I'd rather pay extra and be certain that the animal I have on my plate has had a good life than eat cheap meat and know that the animal has been tortured and murdered in a very inhumane way.

I support PETA- but only for the work they do in china and other countries to prevent fur farms. Other than that, they're a bit too extreme for me.

Yes, it is propaganda- but you can't honestly tell me that you can deny that what happens in that video didn't happen. Because it did. And it happens all over earth every minute, second and hour of the day. I think it's disgusting. The animals don't have a choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X