No announcement yet.

Chew on this one twice. !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's something that always strikes me funny... people love Bessie the cow, Lightning the horse, Jack the good old pet dog, but when it's medium rare on the table, there's no problem at all. If it's okay to butcher a cow and eat it, what the hell is wrong with kicking a dog because it shat on your lawn?

Comment

Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Guess.

Comment

What a big load of propaganda. They are almost as bad as thw World War II posters.

"1. Because heart disease begins in childhood."
          Disagreement there, if that was so we would have nothing but a pile of slow childern.

"3. Because eating meat and dairy makes you fat."
          Not nessicarily. More fatty foods have no meat in them and cause more problems for your health.

"5. Because in every package of chicken, there's a little poop. "

Total horse shit right there. If there was bird shit in chicken, it would be more dangerous and easier to obtain than mad cow. Even then, it wouldent pass ANY inspection or laws/bills of any country.

"6. Because meat is filthy and bloody."
          Not if its cooked. Its only filthy if its dropped on the floor, and only bloody when you squeeze it.

"10. Because Mad Cow disease is in the US."
          Sure, thats why a lot of people are dying each year. Only 3 cases ever reported in the US. THATS A LOT TO BE WORRIED ABOUT. Its worse in Canada than it is in the US.

Anyone if they look hard enough can find videos of animals being beatin.

Anyway, back to my rack of ribs and leg of lamb with a side of BBQ'd chicken.
          -Kevin

Comment

Can I come over for dinner Kev?
            My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Yes, it is propaganda- but you can't honestly tell me that you can deny that what happens in that video didn't happen. Because it did. And it happens all over earth every minute, second and hour of the day. I think it's disgusting. The animals don't have a choice.
              Janni, maybe it's happening on some tiny scale somewhere in a rural farm in the middle of nowhere. I know it's not happening to the meat I eat though, so it doesn't make me feel one bit guilty.

To be honest though, when I eat meat, I don't think of how the animal was killed or how it was treated. I expect that there are regulations and inspections to deal with such issues, and so I just eat the meat.

To be even more honest, it doesn't bother me. I don't know why, but it doesn't.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                Janni, maybe it's happening on some tiny scale somewhere in a rural farm in the middle of nowhere. I know it's not happening to the meat I eat though, so it doesn't make me feel one bit guilty.
                No way ! How would you know that ? They dont necessarily have to be on television to make a firm look "clean" on the process.

To be honest though, when I eat meat, I don't think of how the animal was killed or how it was treated. I expect that there are regulations and inspections to deal with such issues, and so I just eat the meat.

Are you sure you're not thinking, how it was brutally killed, strangled. Hammered to death, hung upside down and prolly got a shot in the head, how they sliced up that piece from a cow. and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  No way ! How would you know that ? They dont necessarily have to be on television to make a firm look "clean" on the process.
                  If you read what I said, most meat processing plants are heavily regulated and inspected by the FDA. Even though I might not have seen it myself, i'm quite sure it's being processed in a sanitary and hygenic facility.

Originally posted by Maxpower
                  Are you sure you're not thinking, how it was brutally killed, strangled. Hammered to death, hung upside down and prolly got a shot in the head, how they sliced up that piece from a cow. and so on...
                  Yeah, doesn't really bother me that much. The reason for that is probably because it WASN'T "brutally killed, strangled, hammered to death, hung upside down and shot in the head".
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99390200944075 haha, the other side

Comment

I have something PETA can chew on. No, wait...that would hurt.

Originally posted by andrew_c
                      Hahahaha, thats awsome lol.

Comment

I always wonder, if you protect animals by not easting flesh, when this animals would probably not even exist if man would not eat flesh.

Comment

For future references to treatment of food that used to live, refer to this site :

Comment

If you read what I said, most meat processing plants are heavily regulated and inspected by the FDA. Even though I might not have seen it myself, i'm quite sure it's being processed in a sanitary and hygenic facility.

Yeah, doesn't really bother me that much. The reason for that is probably because it WASN'T "brutally killed, strangled, hammered to death, hung upside down and shot in the head".
                            I know... I know... Now I was teasing you at that post...

Comment

I haven't seen the video and I'm not going to, so I don't know how extreme it is.

I don't think, however, that denmark are much different than the US. Here, it's normal for a pig to have a stall where it can't even move- it can stand up, and if it's a female with piglets, it can lie down. The floor they walk on are grates. They never see the outsides of the farm- they stay inside all their life. And if they're not trapped in stalls like that, they're packed together- those who're not killed so we can eat them are killed by another pig when they get into a fight, and neither of them can get away.

It's about the same with cows. Except they only have the stall option.

The chickens are packed together in a barn-like house. The top of their beaks get a few inches cut off so they can't peck each other. Once again, the chickens who aren't killed for human consumption, are killed (pecked to death) by other chickens.

The chickens that produce eggs normally get a cage- it's about a square foot, I reckon. Either way, it can't move, it stands on the grated floor and just produces eggs.

A LOT of the animals are sent out of the country to get killed for human consumption. Ie. holland, Italy, poland- it's cheaper to kill them there, and the slaughterhouses pay a lot more per kilo than they do here in Denmark. How are the animals transported? In a truck. Chicken, cows, sheep and pigs standing together in a cramped space- also the driver never takes a break, he keeps driving. Water is the exception rather than the rule- if they do have some, it's gone before they reach Germany and they won't get anymore. The driver doesn't check on them either. If they break a leg, tough luck. "It's gonna die anyway!"- yeah, but you could at least get it euthanized so it doesn't have to lie with x broken leg(s) for 10 hrs while the other animals stomp around on it!

There're laws about this (we got them a year ago when around 15 pigs were found dead in a truck- cause of death? Dehydration), but they're not enforced strongly enough- also, the laws don't help much the second you cross the border to germany.

This is the rule rather than the exception here in europe- the worst thing? It's all legal. I can't help thinking about this- I'd rather pay a little more and get freeland/roaming pigs/cows- also, I'm previledged enough to be able to buy eggs and poultry at a farmer nearby where I know the chickens have had a good life.

But not everyone wants to put in an extra 25 cents to make sure the animal they're eating have had a good life- even though it basically is our responsibility :/

These are facts. Almost every dane knows this. Yet, we continue to let it go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X