Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration - Wind Up???

Hey all.

Just got a call today from some guy claiming to be from The Home Office.
    He said that they knew I had been away for some time - I have - and that I was in the middle east - I was (not it a violent way!just visiting my sister who lives in tel aviv)- . He said it was urgent that they talk to me.
    I said, 'sure, go ahead.'

He got all angry and was like ' Calm down sir. We just want to see you and talk to you about what you've been up to'.

He told me to go to the office in croydon - I checked and the office is there.
    I said I can't because I live in manchester and I'm not going - maybe you can come here if you want me that badly.

He got annoyed at that and said that if I showed at my local police station at 9:30 tomorrow then there would be an officer - which he named and gave me the serial of - to take me.

Well, I got home and phoned up the police. They say that it is unlikely that this is legit. HOWEVER, I am going on tour (well, trip round europe) on Monday morning and don't want to be stripped and told to grab my ankles whilst they get the flashlight. . . . .

I am very sceptical and believe this to be a one of those prank call lines.

However, I only recently got the number that they called me on and only my sisters and parents know it. I spoke to them and they swear to lucifer that it wasn't them. . . . . .

I think what I'm gonna do is wait it out and if there is a problem when I return, I will say 'speak to my lawyer.'

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

What do you think?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

If it is real then the terrorists have won because now we're all freakin paranoied. If it isn't real, someone has a horrible sense of humor.

Comment

I don't have a problem with going in there and maybe selling a story (could be worth a bob or two), but if it is a so called friend, they are gonna get the pounding of their lives

Comment

I'm pulling for you man.... Good luck!!!!

Comment

Well,

I'm here at home now waiting for a call asking me where I am - if they want me, they're gonna have to come and get me!

Comment

Oh this will be exciting Burrd ! I mean I hope "they're just pranking you ! Not real
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

maxpower ;

so far I haven't heard anyhting again from them. I am leaving for 3 weeks on monday morning to go to europe so this will only be a problem if I use my passport to come back and not my drivers licence.

We'll see. . .

Comment

Well if you were to go, make sure someone is at your house. Sounds like the perfect plan to get you out of your house and rob you.
                Tanner Johnson - Owner
                twenty53 Photography

Comment

From what I understand, if the Police/FBI/CIA/Homeland folks are really interested in you, they will make a visit. Oh yes, I also mean if they are somewhat interested in you.

There is a reason why they have vehicles paid for by us the taxpayers - not only for going to McDees for a quick meal.

Comment

Well,

I didn't go and I didn't get a call on my mobile about it.

btw, when i spoke to a policeman at our local station about it, he said that he'd 'be damned if he was going to waste his time to take me to Croydon' !!
                    So glad that the police is really wanting to co-operate with whoever it is

Comment

Working...
                    X