Foreigners in the U.S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreigners in the U.S

Who of you are people from other countries and now live in the United States???

I'm one!!!

Just look at my signature.

And, if you want, tell your experience ever since you came.

Personally, I love St. Louis, it's a really, really nice town. Going to college has allowed me to interact with a lot of people from a lot of places and it's just amazing.

I've been here for 2 1/2 years and I expect to become a civil engineer with a Structural Engineering concentration.

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

I'm a foreigner in the UK. Does one letter out count?
    I walked across an empty land
    I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
    I felt the earth beneath my feet
    Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
      I'm a foreigner in the UK. Does one letter out count?
      Well, the US come close to my personal situation... but it's all right!!!

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Reason i am here is to study, i go to Cambridge Uni as theres nowhere anywhere near its standard back home! Its not a bad country, but much much too dirty, built up and crowded for my liking. 20 times the people in a little bit less than 1 times the space - crowded! Dangerous obsession with football too
        I walked across an empty land
        I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
        I felt the earth beneath my feet
        Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

I went to France for two years...

I'm not going back

-Clovis

Comment

I don’t know if would really be considered a foreigner. I was born in the US, but I did live in Canada for many years. I moved back to the US about three years ago.

As nations, the US and Canada are similar for the most part and there isn’t that much adjustment if one moved from one place to the other. NYC, where I live, is totally different, on the other hand, and did take some getting used to.

I really like it here and almost all my experiences have been positive.

Comment

Flying High? Do you go to SLU or Washington?
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1142

Comment

AS for me, I was born in a little village in South INdia. I was taken via a bullock cart to the hospital at midnight.
                Four years later, I moved to the USA. I like it here, hell, I love it here! Fantastic country, but I sometimes miss home, so we go back every summer. I'm never completly disconnected with either country.

Comment

I, too, am an immigrant to the U.S. I have lived in my adopted country for two years now. I must say that the immigration process has had its ups and downs, including being detained for four hours at LAX and then for an hour at EWR. On one occasion, the U.S. Embassy in Canberra had screwed up my visa paperwork (they let me in anyway, after making me sweat for a few hours) and then in January this year, I was detained for an hour for no particular reason, no one told me why I was detained, but it apparently took them an hour to stamp my passport and let me back in the country (I was a conditional resident at the time). I am now a permanent resident with a full Green Card, so hopefully I will be able to clear U.S. Immigration a bit more easily in future. I suppose the saving grace of the I.N.S. is that they are mean to everyone equally, whilst Australian immigration is more discriminating in who they are mean to (Oz immigration gives me the impression that 'if you're white, you're right!').

I like my adopted country and I love Washington, D.C. I am told that I have almost thoroughly lost my Australian accent and now 'talk like a yank'. It didn't take too much adjustment changing from Australia to the U.S. Just small things. I intend to apply for U.S. Citizenship as soon as I am eligible.

Incidentally, Katamarino, I can't believe you are telling me that there are no universities of Cambridge-standard in Kiwiland. Massey? Vic? Orklund? ... OK, I believe you now.
                  AIRIGAMI.NET
                  http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Been to the USA twice, its not a bad place. What I liked most was Yosemite National Park.... AMAZING!!

Comment

I'm a Canuck living in Germany. I love the people, the food and the cars here!

Comment

I lived in Germany for 3 years...loved it.
                        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Working...
                        X