Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cam
    Well, Emu. I like all small planes. Mostly because they are attainable for me. I can go out to the airport put down $100/hr and go flying. I'm picking planes each month for my "Plane of the Month".
    I get excited when I look at used planes, and I realize that I can get one for around 100K. That is something that keeps my "dream" alive, so to speak.
    If you want that plane Cam, your gonna have to stop drinking.
    -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
      Well, Emu. I like all small planes. Mostly because they are attainable for me. I can go out to the airport put down $100/hr and go flying. I'm picking planes each month for my "Plane of the Month".
      I get excited when I look at used planes, and I realize that I can get one for around 100K. That is something that keeps my "dream" alive, so to speak.
      I know what you mean, I wanted nothing to do with little planes when I started school here at UND, but shortly after I started my PPL, I think I'd rather talk about smaller planes, simply because I know a lot more about them.

Flying is a goal easier attainable than one things. Its not extraordinarily difficult really. I think the hardest part is the decision making, but common sense usually takes care of that. After you figure that out, just put time into studying and practicing and you're all set. Not quite as expensive as people tend to think either.

That being said, if anyone around here wants to learn to fly..I know a CFI...and he'll soon be a CFII at the end of the summer

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        I know what you mean, I wanted nothing to do with little planes when I started school here at UND, but shortly after I started my PPL, I think I'd rather talk about smaller planes, simply because I know a lot more about them.

Flying is a goal easier attainable than one things. Its not extraordinarily difficult really. I think the hardest part is the decision making, but common sense usually takes care of that. After you figure that out, just put time into studying and practicing and you're all set. Not quite as expensive as people tend to think either.

That being said, if anyone around here wants to learn to fly..I know a CFI...and he'll soon be a CFII at the end of the summer
        Emu, if you want to haul your ass up to NS, I'll hire you for my completion of my PPL.

Originally posted by ACman
        If you want that plane Cam, your gonna have to stop drinking.
        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Wow, when I visited this thread again the last thing I expected to see were all those deletions. Must have been some harsh stuff in there.

And I agree with you Joe about the difficulty of flying. I don't find the actual opperation of the aircraft to be very hard to grasp, at least as far as GA flying goes. But the judgement and decision making is what really requires practice.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
            In recent weeks I've had less and less time to participate on these forums due to work and various projects I've been working on and I cannot see this changing in the near future so I may not get this chance again.
            Typical, I say this then I make a comeback! I've started or participated in 5 or 6 threads since posting this a few days ago!
            DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
              And I agree with you Joe about the difficulty of flying. I don't find the actual opperation of the aircraft to be very hard to grasp, at least as far as GA flying goes. But the judgement and decision making is what really requires practice.
              yup, statistics show it too, if you look at most of the cases where people leave smoking holes in the ground, especially at the General Aviation level, the cause was almost never bad airmanship, but rather a series of bad decisions, or just one extremely bad one. I'm a huge huge fan of scenario based training, it allows the student to spin their wheels in a controlled environment where if they make the wrong decision you can say "nope, bad idea...and here's why". As an instructor your job is to expose a student to as many situations as possible such that when they encounter them in real life, its not an entirely new scenario for them and they should be easily able to find the correct decision.

Comment

Working...
              X