Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You

Dear all,

In recent weeks I've had less and less time to participate on these forums due to work and various projects I've been working on and I cannot see this changing in the near future so I may not get this chance again.

Although I will still be using the forums as often as I can, I would like to thank each and every one of you, especially the regular posters, for making my time on here one of the best online experiences I've had thus far in my life.

Although civil aviation has been a hobby of mine since before I could walk, my knowledge of the industry was a lot more limited than I thought before I joined JP.net forums, and since joining in February 2005, my knowledge has increased ten-fold.

I'd like to point out that I most enjoyed the arguments between members, mostly related to Airbus vs. Boeing threads, they were extremely entertaining to read and even more entertaining to participate in. On the same note may I suggest that the moderators ease the rules regarding these matters until they really do pass the point of "fun".

Regretfully, I've experienced two bans during my time here, one which was for a month (seemed more like six!) and one which I managed to get (rightfully) overturned. The reason for both was related to the above paragraph. On a similar note, I'd like to apologise for all my childish and/or immature posts, this is something I think I've managed to bring under control in recent weeks though. I'd also like to state that I'm proud of becoming known as the "Poll King" or a name to that effect.

Once again a big thanks to one and all.

Regards,
    Chris Smith
    DTVAirport

hey Chris, thanks for the good words. I agree that this is one of the better aviation forums online. I think what makes it that way is the people. I'd like to see the forums take a turn towards the more technical side of things, but that's probably because I'm a flying enthusiast and pilot instead of an airline enthusiast.

Comment

Well Chris, I dont think you want to tell your freinds your the "Pole King", cause here in NS theres a strip club that was called the "Pole King".

Well its been a blast, every member is a dick, and every member is a cool guy. Im both a big dick (both metaphorically and literally) and a cool guy. I just gotta watch what I say hehe.

I think forums are a good way to better social skills. You get a idea of what you should and shouldent do, and how to talk to people effectivly, but not calling them morons or idiots, even if they are
      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        you're joking, right?
        Nay, because you get a better understanding of what to say and what not to say, and what kind of people are out there.
        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
          Nay, because you get a better understanding of what to say and what not to say, and what kind of people are out there.
          know where else you can learn that? Away from the computer

Comment

know where else you can learn that? Away from the computer
            Plus, when you make out with real girls, your LCD moniter doesn't go crazy.

Anyway, I enjoy seeing you here Chris and hope to see you back here soon! I agree with you 100% about the forums expanding people's knowladge of aviation. Especially the new breifing room which I often skim through. And I also agree the A vs. B threads are highly entertaining, but I choose not to get involved in them.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by PortColumbus
              Why? How much could you possibly learn about the "industry" on a web board full of kids? I guess if reading a bunch of press releases makes you smarter. Oh, and don't forget the . I feel smarter already.
              Well it may be a web full of kids but atleast we don't act like 5 year olds...
              Last edited by RingwaySam; 2006-07-11, 02:42.

Comment

Originally posted by PortColumbus
                Why? How much could you possibly learn about the "industry" on a web board full of kids? I guess if reading a bunch of press releases makes you smarter.
                Its not actually the press releases that I find useful here. There can often be too many of them, but nothing I'm complaining about.

Its more like the info's I get from jp-members from Dale, Alain, Colin, Greg Wilson, Pedro and many more respected users. They have either been helpful with their knowledge about this aircraft and that aircraft. Many from the crew have been very helpful with their expertise regarding photo-editing. So no, I totally disagree with you here. We may have a few kids here, but you can be damned and sure we treat each other like adults here. So far I havent had any problems here. Nothing I would bitch about as this is just a random discussion-board.
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

With regards to the "A forum full of kids" comments, I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's like a year 9 or 10 classroom, you've got your class geeks, the respected "Del-Boys" who crack a good joke, have a laugh and are highly respected, you've got the intelligent people or swats (I don't mean that in a bad way) who know their stuff and finally you've got the quiet ones who just sit in the corner (this was me at school but I'd like to think I'm different on here!)

It all adds to the fun.
                  DTVAirport

Comment

^And what about the people that can't be classified . Personally, I'm a silent geek from the last row that cracks jokes once in a while, so I can't be classified .

Comment

Then you have the people who degrade the forum and keep coming back anyway...go figure. Dissapointing they had to come in and ruin a good thread. This really is a great place, save for a few bad apples, but usually if you ignore them for long enough they'll go away.

Comment

Wow, deletion nation here on this thread. Chris I don't know you, but I hope you continue to enjoy your time here. I hope you pop in once and awhile to say hello.

And to Emu the Bird Man. I would love to chin wag about single engine, and small craft any day with you. As you stated, I'm also more of an flying fan than an airliners fan as well.
                        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Then you have the people who degrade the forum and keep coming back anyway...go figure. Dissapointing they had to come in and ruin a good thread. This really is a great place, save for a few bad apples, but usually if you ignore them for long enough they'll go away.
                          Hey Joe !

It sure is. I like posting here, I have become rather inactive in other forums and this is the only forum I regularly post at now. The good community we have here is what's attracting me back. (Although stuff like the deleted ones in this thread may be a bugger sometimes) We can live with that !

Btw. Disregard my previous post at the point where I said its a random discussion board. Well I regret I said that. Because Jp.net forums aint random now.
                          Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-07-11, 15:00.
                          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                            And to Emu the Bird Man. I would love to chin wag about single engine, and small craft any day with you. As you stated, I'm also more of an flying fan than an airliners fan as well.
                            I'm always up for a little of that. Juding by your avatar I'm guessing you're a fan of seaplanes? While I was out on the ramp today I saw a caravan on floats take off, those things look huge in person.

Comment

I'm always up for a little of that. Juding by your avatar I'm guessing you're a fan of seaplanes? While I was out on the ramp today I saw a caravan on floats take off, those things look huge in person.
                              Well, Emu. I like all small planes. Mostly because they are attainable for me. I can go out to the airport put down $100/hr and go flying. I'm picking planes each month for my "Plane of the Month".
                              I get excited when I look at used planes, and I realize that I can get one for around 100K. That is something that keeps my "dream" alive, so to speak.
                              My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X