Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think about it, What IF an Asteroide hits our planet Earth ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think about it, What IF an Asteroide hits our planet Earth ???

7/8/2006 - This is an awesome computer generated simulation of what would happen if a large asteroid were to impact Earth. After careful review of this demonstration I think it is safe to say we are all screwed.

Asteroid Hits Earth
    This is an amazing CGS asteroide vs earth.
    Nice destruction but whats up with the Big Ben there. Everything has been blasted off, but they show it like its the last buildings, together with somethin that reminds me of a greek building as well.

Please check it out.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

If an asteroid hits the earth I hope I'll be drunk like h*ll and not notice it.
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Comment

You won't notice it anyway, regardless of how drunk you are

Comment

Well, if an asteroid that size hit the Earth, it wouldn't just impact, it would shift the Earths orbit and completely screw anything. However, I would query the fanciful "lava lines" on the asteroid. That thing would NOT be a lump of red hot junk, In space it will be a chunk of rock, which may heat up on entry to the atmosphere but not like that. And, assuming we did get hit by anything remotely that size, I think it's fair to say that the Earths population would be dead in a matter of hours.

Beats paying the mortgage though

Andy

Comment

Comment

Well if I remember the discovery channel program on how our moon was formed, this did happen to the earth, of getting hit by an object that large. The way our moon was formed was by getting hit by a large object and the debris that went into space circled the earth until by gravity it was formed into the moon we see today.

Also one thing I thought was not correct is that no asteroid would be a perfect sphere or close too, like it was in the video. But we have not seen every asteroid out there so there could be something like that.

If I knew where it was going to hit I would be crazy enough to get a lawn chair and get a front row seat of the action, with a couple of beers or what ever drink. Even if you go deep under ground no one will survive that kind of hit, even if you do it would probably be a couple of 100 thousand or million years before it all cool's down.

Comment

That really does make one wonder.

The ending part I was like wtf?! It's all serious about an asteroid obliterating life and then a commercial for that TBS show.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog
                Well if I remember the discovery channel program on how our moon was formed, this did happen to the earth, of getting hit by an object that large. The way our moon was formed was by getting hit by a large object and the debris that went into space circled the earth until by gravity it was formed into the moon we see today.

Also one thing I thought was not correct is that no asteroid would be a perfect sphere or close too, like it was in the video. But we have not seen every asteroid out there so there could be something like that.

If I knew where it was going to hit I would be crazy enough to get a lawn chair and get a front row seat of the action, with a couple of beers or what ever drink. Even if you go deep under ground no one will survive that kind of hit, even if you do it would probably be a couple of 100 thousand or million years before it all cool's down.
                A couple of million years is nothing. When I'll peak out from the underground, I'll be another species though, I think I'll be a rat or somethin that crawls

Comment

Well hopefully I'll be standing next to a hot chick when we see it comming so I have one last chance to cop a feel.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

That's all assuming that an asteroid as big as the moon could get close to earth without either hitting something else in the asteroid belt, another planet, or going into orbit around the earth.

All very unlikely in my lifetime so I'm not too worried - I will still keep my construction helmet to hand and will remember to 'duck and roll' just in case I am wrong.
                    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

Comment

Wow, that does look pretty cool. But scientifically, it's unrealistic so not much to worry about there

Comment

Originally posted by Burrd255314
                        That's all assuming that an asteroid as big as the moon could get close to earth without either hitting something else in the asteroid belt, another planet, or going into orbit around the earth.

All very unlikely in my lifetime so I'm not too worried - I will still keep my construction helmet to hand and will remember to 'duck and roll' just in case I am wrong.
                        Worry about your grandgrandgrand childrens then. If its not your ass in line, think about the next ones..

Comment

There actually is an astroide scheduled to cross the Earth's orbit in around 100 years- it WILL pose a danger to Earth, but I trust it'd be taken care of

Also, I doubt it'd happen like that... if an asteroid hit, I'm preeeetty sure there'd be more shockwaves than lava...

Originally posted by MaxPower
                          Worry about your grandgrandgrand childrens then. If its not your ass in line, think about the next ones..
                          Nah. I have my peace of mind

Other than that, here's a question for y'all- if someone (NASA/world leaders, etc) found out that an asteroid would hit Earth in, say, 2 days (with no way to stop it/blow it up/send it out of its orbit- total destruction of Earth in other words) do you think they'd tell us?

I don't think so, actually... it'd create a worldwide riot and people wouldn't notice when they were hit- so why not keep peace and quiet for the last two days

Comment

Originally posted by janni-chan
                            There actually is an astroide scheduled to cross the Earth's orbit in around 100 years- it WILL pose a danger to Earth, but I trust it'd be taken care of
                            Just in case it hit's the earth, I'd better tape everything for the non-existing greatgrandchilderns .
                            Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                            - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
                              Just in case it hit's the earth, I'd better tape everything for the non-existing greatgrandchilderns .
                              Childrens, YAY A "you're gonna die painfully and smashed-up-ish, and I'm not! BWAHAHA!" type of tape, I assume?

Comment

Working...
                              X