Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxPower
    Yes !
    In that case you need a serious reality check. Destructive football, cursing out competitors, whining at the FIFA to get players from competitors banned, diving, and having dubious referee decisions in their favor (just ask Australia), yeah, they sure deserved the title for all that bullcrAp they produced .

Oh well, at least there will be quite a few Italian restaurants in both France and Germany who should be bankrupt within 3 months...

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
      Through ESPN and some online football forums (not France related :P)
      What really sets me that Zizou fell to racism is 1) it's happened before to him and 2) what he did today. In 1998 against Saudi Arabia, he stomped a Saudi player and got a red card that time too. Today, he starte running away from Matzeratti and then suddenly turned back, walked to him, and butted his gut. People don't do that. Matzo wanted to pick a fight and that's what he got.

Comment

John have you even been watching the world cup I totally DAL767-400ER.

Originally posted by ATLcenter
        What really sets me that Zizou fell to racism is 1) it's happened before to him and 2) what he did today. In 1998 against Saudi Arabia, he stomped a Saudi player and got a red card that time too. Today, he starte running away from Matzeratti and then suddenly turned back, walked to him, and butted his gut. People don't do that. Matzo wanted to pick a fight and that's what he got.
        Materazzi is the biggest tw@t in football though! It wasn't long ago he was banned for punching a player

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
          In that case you need a serious reality check. Destructive football, cursing out competitors, whining at the FIFA to get players from competitors banned, diving, and having dubious referee decisions in their favor (just ask Australia), yeah, they sure deserved the title for all that bullcrAp they produced .

Oh well, at least there will be quite a few Italian restaurants in both France and Germany who should be bankrupt within 3 months...
          Its all part of the game. Fair or not ! Okey I know Im crazy !..
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
            Its all part of the game. Fair or not ! Okey I know Im crazy !..
            Maybe Matzeratti can't read English and just missed the 'No Racism' banner on the field for an hour.

Comment

stuff the world cup...i prefer to watch the Tour De France! and Italy, through all it's racial taunts will never hold this event!

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                stuff the world cup...i prefer to watch the Tour De France! and Italy, through all it's racial taunts will never hold this event!
                I lost a lot of respect for Italy today... or the eleven men that represent Italy on the football pitch at any rate. I'm somewhat ashamed I supported such a lot through the Semi-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                  I lost a lot of respect for Italy today... or the eleven men that represent Italy on the football pitch at any rate. I'm somewhat ashamed I supported such a lot through the Semi-finals.
                  trust me..i have alot of Italian friends and it's not beneath them to scrape the barrel when it comes to verbal/racist taunts of the worst order.

what i find amusing is this...FIFA asking people to show racism the red card. Does Materazzi have reading or hearing disabilities?

Fabio Cannavaro, Italy "We must remain vigilant against racism and every form of intolerance or racially motivated discrimination. This battle must be fought resolutely and consistently every single day. We should not restrict ourselves to appeals or words, but rather lay down a clear marker through our own conduct."

This applies in particular to footballers. We know we have a large responsibility, especially with regard to the very young, who from a cultural point of view are particularly impressionable and forever in search of role models whom they can aspire to emulate. We must therefore avoid any form of discriminatory behaviour, not only on the pitch, but also and especially in our daily lives, so that everyone comes to understand that there can be no differences on account of race, skin colour or religion.

Civilisation and education must engage in a great struggle that is inspired by the principles of solidarity, fraternity, civilised co-existence and respect. Precisely these principles are the foundations of sport. They are the real and true values that we footballers wish to defend in order to avoid differences with the aim of transforming our society into a multi-ethnic community in every area of social co-existence."

next trips
                  USA/DXB August.

Comment

trust me..i have alot of Italian friends and it's not beneath them to scrape the barrel when it comes to verbal/racist taunts of the worst order.

what i find amusing is this...FIFA asking people to show racism the red card. Does Materazzi have reading or hearing disabilities?

Fabio Cannavaro, Italy "We must remain vigilant against racism and every form of intolerance or racially motivated discrimination. This battle must be fought resolutely and consistently every single day. We should not restrict ourselves to appeals or words, but rather lay down a clear marker through our own conduct."
                    I'm sure there are millions of Italians who would never resort to racism, but their football team doesn't reflect that. Sure, Fabio can talk out of his arse all he wants, but when his own team mates sat the lesson out, there's little that can be done. Many people seem to enjoy calling France an "African" team even though the far majority of her players have lived in France for decades. That sort of attitude makes me wonder where the world is going.

Zizou should have kept his cool, and his actions were intolerable, but if those attacks were racially motivated, then the red card is not just- two yellow cards are in order. Perhaps we should just fit little microphones onto each player that wirelessly transmit to a taunting ref. That's where FIFA's leading the game today!

Comment

funny thing is that FIFA never uses video replay or technology...this seems to be the one instance where a players actions were decided by a 4th official using replay. Ah FIFA, when will you ever get your house in order?

next trips
                      USA/DXB August.

Comment

funny thing is that FIFA never uses video replay or technology...this seems to be the one instance where a players actions were decided by a 4th official using replay. Ah FIFA, when will you ever get your house in order?
                        It makes you wonder why technology exists. I'm sure if they did, they could easily have seen what Mazeratti successfully pulled off. I'm sure even Italy fans can't support the idea that a brilliant football player would just turn around and beat up someone for no reason. Either wa, Matzo certainly didn't offer Zizou coffee and croissants!

Comment

http://zidanewantscandy.ytmnd.com/ The real reason :O

Comment

Gotta admit, those are getting kinda funny!

Comment

LMFAO!
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X