Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What languages do you speak ?

Hey guys,
    English is an official international language, and so it is here, at jp.net. But for many of our members (if not for most of them) english is a second language. Even though they come here, and regardles of their grammar, vocabulary or language difficulties, they take part in our aviation discussions. Which is why I also wantaed to make this thread a tribute to out ESL jp.net members, including myself. Congrats to all of you who learn english and come here, more or less often to talk about aviation. - for you guys

Well I made this thread mostly to congratulate them, but also to aks you guys, what other languages do you speak, waht was your first, native langauge, and how well can you speak them?

For me it's:

First native language: Polish (I guess perfect )
    Second native language: Russian (I guess perfect as well, although some difficulties with grammar)
    Other: English (Still learning, want it to be perfect )
    German (been learning for 5 years, I would say intermidiate level )

What languages do you speak (don't be affraid to say )

Inglish.
    My photos on jp.net

Comment

Oh Stewardess, I speak Jive.

Comment

Primary
        Danish
        (Fluent)

50%

Secondary
        English and ILokano
        (Both fluent)

17% + 18%

Tertiary
        Tagalog
        (Broken Tagalog)

10%

Quaternary
        Spanish and German
        (School level 2 years)

2% + 3%

Hey you asked for it !
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

English
          Spanish (stopped taking it in school after 4 years...gets SO annoying after a while)

I wanna learn German and/or Russian though

Comment

English , and I understand Italian but speaking it is still a bit of a challenge for me.

Comment

Only English.

I tired to speak little cantonese, spainsh, vietnamese, and russian. I didnt learn it much. I will have time to learn for 4 languages.

Comment

-French
                -German
                -English
                -Luxembourgish (Yes, it's a language )
                -Spanish

Manu

My other pictures: http://pbase.com/pitchul

Comment

Native: German, also in the local variations of Bavarian, Austrian, Swiss, and East German
                  Learned: English (d'uh!), Oxford-English (of course, my dear sir), Greek (though the longer school has passed, the less I remember), Spanish (same as Greek), Latin (dead knowledge, just like the language itself).

Comment

Sorry, but I doubt, you speak Swiss german, unless you're Swiss. There are many Germans running around telling, they speak Swiss german, when in fact we Swiss have to hold back our laughter ....

Seriously: my languages are German, Swiss (which in fact is only a dialect), French, Spanish, English and Italian. Of course, I also learned Latin, but first I forgot pretty much everything and second, there's nobody I could talk to .

Gerardo
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Native: English
                      Learned: German (used to be fluent, but I haven't used it in a while...so ask Colin how bad it is )

Comment

Well, no one asked, but I'll still answer :
                        Well, to be polite, it is still good enough to order a beer, and that's all that is needed, right ?

Comment

French
                          English, fluent, plans passing TOEFL for a variety of reasons
                          Spanish, more or less intermediate level
                          German, basic level
                          Chinese Mandarin, started self learning
                          used to learn
                          Italian
                          Portugese
                          Ancient Greek
                          Latin
                          but knowledge is left on a dormant state at time of writting ....
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Dutch (No seriously?! )
                            English (almost Fluently)
                            German, and According to the region I'm in, that Dialect, and for some jokes the Turkish-German accent .

I can also impersonate some famous Dutchies, but that's not really a language .
                            Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                            - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                              Sorry, but I doubt, you speak Swiss german, unless you're Swiss. There are many Germans running around telling, they speak Swiss german, when in fact we Swiss have to hold back our laughter ....

Seriously: my languages are German, Swiss (which in fact is only a dialect), French, Spanish, English and Italian. Of course, I also learned Latin, but first I forgot pretty much everything and second, there's nobody I could talk to .

Gerardo
                              How does it sound. I mean is there accents between these countries ?

Here in denmark we have danish spoken from the Jutland side. The hillbilly side of denmark (No offense DK's) Uhm Its called Jysk, the dialect is so distorted Copenhageners dont quite get what "jyder" is talking about. Some sayd they can understand, some dont get it. Hahaha. Is it the same with Swiss German and to the original German ?
                              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X