No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Beirut airport closes after Israeli air strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really, as they would more than likely have to get through the United States first.
    LMFAO. The "world" (and by this I mean every single country) can crush any other country (including the US) if they so wanted. If you really think the US or any other lone country for that matter can stand up against a joint international coalition on its own you're even more naive than I thought you to be.

Hell, we are hardly being able to handle this war in Iraq...
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
      LMFAO. The "world" (and by this I mean every single country) can crush any other country (including the US) if they so wanted. If you really think the US or any other lone country for that matter can stand up against a joint international coalition on its own you're even more naive than I thought you to be.

Hell, we are hardly being able to handle this war in Iraq...
      I'm sorry, but that just isn't so. The US has the most powerful military on the planet, but that wouldn't matter. The day that the United States is in danger of being destroyed is the day that the world ends. The world would have to resort to using nukes to destroy us, we would lob nukes back, and boom, no more world. You may be right according to pre-1945 logic, but nuclear weapons changed all of that.

That's bullsh!t, and you know it. The EU is nowhere near anti-Israel. The EU has just had enough of the Middle East war crAp in general. You can bet the EU is condemning the terrorists, especially after the Madrid and London bombings. Seriously, if the EU were anti-Israel, it could as well have helped the Arabian countries "solve the problem". Just because the EU doesn't say "oh, poor Israel, why can't they be left alone by those evil, evil Arabs" doesn't mean the EU won't support Israel, it's just that Israel really isn't only a victim, on the contrary, they are partially responsible for the mess they are in themselves.
      Actually, I agree with you. I was mistaken and hadn't thought out my statement too much before I made it.

That being said, Israel really needs to be hitting Syria instead of Lebanon. Syria and Iran control Hezbollah more than Lebanon ever could, and Hezbollah is who Israel is after.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I'm sorry, but that just isn't so. The US has the most powerful military on the planet, but that wouldn't matter. The day that the United States is in danger of being destroyed is the day that the world ends. The world would have to resort to using nukes to destroy us, we would lob nukes back, and boom, no more world. You may be right according to pre-1945 logic, but nuclear weapons changed all of that.
        Completely untrue. The world would not have to resort to using nukes - pure military force would be more than sufficient. Maybe the US has the most powerfuly military force, but standing alone against the rest of the world it means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Unless the US fires its nuclear weapons first and forces nuclear retaliation, there is no dramatic armageddon coming like you just said.

You can go on believing whatever you want to believe though...
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
          Completely untrue. The world would not have to resort to using nukes - pure military force would be more than sufficient. Maybe the US has the most powerfuly military force, but standing alone against the rest of the world it means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Unless the US fires its nuclear weapons first and forces nuclear retaliation, there is no dramatic armageddon coming like you just said.

You can go on believing whatever you want to believe though...
          The world wouldn't use nukes, but the United States probably would if its survival depended on it.

Also, I can't envision a situation in which the entire world (England, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, all close allies of us) would somehow turn against us. That's sort of like saying that you could take on the Royal Marines if they were all unarmed and you had an M60 with an unlimited supply of ammo-probably, but it just won't happen.
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
            The world wouldn't use nukes, but the United States probably would if its survival depended on it.
            And if such a situation was to arise, how would it be different from North Korea or Iran using nukes if their survival depended on it?

Originally posted by "herpa2003
            Also, I can't envision a situation in which the entire world (England, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, all close allies of us) would somehow turn against us. That's sort of like saying that you could take on the Royal Marines if they were all unarmed and you had an M60 with an unlimited supply of ammo-probably, but it just won't happen.
            Yeah, I wasn't saying it would ever happen...I was talking hypothetically - if it was to ever happen.

Comment

They just said on CNN 5 airliners were able to escape Beirut durring a break in the attacks. The clips they showed were all MEA A321/330's.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                I just have a question for you. I know you are going to give a great answer (You always do) but what is the difference of terrorist killing only civilians vs Israel killing mainly terrorist and only killing a few civilians? Yes, it is wrong that civilians are dieing, but this goes to my point of the Arab terrorist are attacking ONLY civilians where as the Israelie army is trying to only attack terrorist.
                That is a valid point, but all I was saying was that its just not going to matter. In war, you're going to have innocent casualties no matter how hard you try. Again, i dont claim to have the answer, but a large scale military attack is going to do nothing but create more suicide bombers...which is what I thought everybody is trying to avoid.

Good for Israel! An act of war by Lebanon (the terrorist group Hezbollah is part of the Lebanese government) was met with swift response by Israel.

Good for the United States as well! GWB today called the terrorists in the Middle East (Hamas/Hezbollah) "pathetic" and reaffirmed that Israel has the right to defend itself.

Then, the UN tried to approve a resolution ordering Israel to stop its Gaza offensive. The United States promptly vetoed and killed this resolution. The world needs to learn not to fuck with the Israelis...
                Please tell me exactly how you think this is actually going to solve anything?

Honestly, the right country to blame is England. If they didn't promise two different groups of people the "holy land" none of this would of happened.
                maybe true, but both sides need to get their heads out of their asses, forget about what happened way back then and figure out what to do now. Till then the middle east will be a bloodbath.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                  They just said on CNN 5 airliners were able to escape Beirut durring a break in the attacks. The clips they showed were all MEA A321/330's.
                  Thank g-d they were able to escape out of that "battle field. Last thing we want to see is seeing MEA's aircrafts having the same fate like Kuwait's aircrafts back in the 90's where they got destroyed, bombed whatever you call it.
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                    That's bullsh!t, and you know it. The EU is nowhere near anti-Israel. The EU has just had enough of the Middle East war crAp in general. You can bet the EU is condemning the terrorists, especially after the Madrid and London bombings. Seriously, if the EU were anti-Israel, it could as well have helped the Arabian countries "solve the problem". Just because the EU doesn't say "oh, poor Israel, why can't they be left alone by those evil, evil Arabs" doesn't mean the EU won't support Israel, it's just that Israel really isn't only a victim, on the contrary, they are partially responsible for the mess they are in themselves.
                    No Colin, you forget, that if you dont like something, you're suddenly "Anti" or "Un" it. Like I dont like our current government so I'm "Un-American" [/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                      Here's a little more detail on that:

In an unusual deal that the United States helped broker, a runway at the Beirut airport was repaired long enough to enable six planes -- one carrying former Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Nakati -- to take off. Israeli forces soon after bombed the runway again.

www.cnn.com

Comment

Thank you.

You have a good point there. It is one of lifes mysteries. Fighting won't neccisarly work in the long run, but it is the only thing that is working right now. I am sure a plan will be made up eventually that will help aid a solution but it takes time. Until then, your right, there will just be more and more killing. Kinda sad actually

FCK YEAH!!!
                        So then don't root for a side. I fully expect Lebanon to (rightfully) retaliate by sending in tanks to Tel Aviv or blasting people on street corners. Why? Revenge. Don't bomb airports, fly your Israeli flags, and cheer when you know what will be coming in less than two weeks. I'm disgusted by both Israel and the terrorists in this instance, and I can't see one apart from the other to be honest. If you can smile when Israel kills 40 in Lebanon, you'd damn well better smile when some Hezbollah nut kills 40 in Tel Aviv because they are doing the same thing.

I understand Israel has an absolute right to defend itself, but so do the Lebanese people. Don't chide one party while encouraging another to do the same thing.

What is the message here? Don't mess with Israel or we'll bomb your runways? Bull. This is an invitatino to twenty teenage men in Syria and Lebanon to find as much C-4 as they can, march to Jerusalem or Haifa or where ever and hit a little trigger. This sort of action almost seems expected when Israel goes out and does something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                          So then don't root for a side. I fully expect Lebanon to (rightfully) retaliate by sending in tanks to Tel Aviv or blasting people on street corners. Why? Revenge. Don't bomb airports, fly your Israeli flags, and cheer when you know what will be coming in less than two weeks. I'm disgusted by both Israel and the terrorists in this instance, and I can't see one apart from the other to be honest. If you can smile when Israel kills 40 in Lebanon, you'd damn well better smile when some Hezbollah nut kills 40 in Tel Aviv because they are doing the same thing.

I understand Israel has an absolute right to defend itself, but so do the Lebanese people. Don't chide one party while encouraging another to do the same thing.

What is the message here? Don't mess with Israel or we'll bomb your runways? Bull. This is an invitatino to twenty teenage men in Syria and Lebanon to find as much C-4 as they can, march to Jerusalem or Haifa or where ever and hit a little trigger. This sort of action almost seems expected when Israel goes out and does something like this.
                          Members of Lebanon's government attacked Israel. They have been attacking Israel with rockets for years, but a few days ago they crossed the border and took 10 Israeli soldiers away from their families. This was an act of war, and Israel responded as so. Don't blame Israel, blame Iran, Syria and their puppets in the Lebanese government who started this whole mess.

Comment

Members of Lebanon's government attacked Israel. They have been attacking Israel with rockets for years, but a few days ago they crossed the border and took 10 Israeli soldiers away from their families. This was an act of war, and Israel responded as so. Don't blame Israel, blame Iran, Syria and their puppets in the Lebanese government who started this whole mess.
                            Amen brother!

A lot of people don't realize, these attacks have been going on against Israel since it first became a state. Honestly, this is the same way the 6 day war and the Yom Kippur war started. Terrorist came into Israel and either fired upon soilders or kidnapped them. Why is Israel the "Bad Guy" when this happened? Honestly, I love how the media screws everything up in the world. IE. Vietnam war. We were doing perfectly fine, winning the war and everything, then one day our Embassy gets blown up. Nothing big, but the media was there. From that point on, every photo, news report shown, showed the USA getting crushed.

Comment

Amen brother!

A lot of people don't realize, these attacks have been going on against Israel since it first became a state. Honestly, this is the same way the 6 day war and the Yom Kippur war started. Terrorist came into Israel and either fired upon soilders or kidnapped them. Why is Israel the "Bad Guy" when this happened? Honestly, I love how the media screws everything up in the world. IE. Vietnam war. We were doing perfectly fine, winning the war and everything, then one day our Embassy gets blown up. Nothing big, but the media was there. From that point on, every photo, news report shown, showed the USA getting crushed.
                              No one said Israel is the bad guy. Or I didn't anyway. I am saying that Israel should expect to get more violence and bloodshed as a result of this. Have terrorists been attacking Israel since inception? Sure. But Israel is no angel either, and neither group is working toward a solution. Both sides keep giving the other side a reason to retaliate. Want to end terrorism? Okay, go invade Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, Kuwait, etc. Make it the Middle East of Israel. Want to get rid of the Zionist state? Iran supposedly has nukes...it shouldn't take more than three to get rid of everything.

The point is, both sides are being complete idiots. There is no 'bad' guy- just two old fools battling it out.

Comment

These attacks have been occuring for al ong time, in both directions. Hitting back isn't going to do anything but make things worse. I konw its hard, but just try to look at it from a non-biased point of view. There are people on the Palestinian side who are saying the EXACT same things about Israel. I see the exact same thing here all the time, people say we are right in everything we do, simply because they happen to live here..which is BS.

And doing fine in Vietnam? You have to be joking, right?

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                                No one said Israel is the bad guy. Or I didn't anyway. I am saying that Israel should expect to get more violence and bloodshed as a result of this. Have terrorists been attacking Israel since inception? Sure. But Israel is no angel either, and neither group is working toward a solution. Both sides keep giving the other side a reason to retaliate. Want to end terrorism? Okay, go invade Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, Kuwait, etc. Make it the Middle East of Israel. Want to get rid of the Zionist state? Iran supposedly has nukes...it shouldn't take more than three to get rid of everything.

The point is, both sides are being complete idiots. There is no 'bad' guy- just two old fools battling it out.
                                hey, we actually agree on something, high five! Its nice to see someone who has the gift at looking at certain situations from a completely non biased point of view. Who gives a damn who is "the bad guy". Neither side is completely right, neither is completely wrong, all that matters is figuring out what exactly is the root of the actual problem, and working on that. But too many people are too quick to go to war...and its funny how a majority of them seem to be of a certain political party that is always talking about "the sanctity of life" when it comes to a certain other issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X