BREAKING NEWS: Beirut airport closes after Israeli air strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: Beirut airport closes after Israeli air strike

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Israeli aircraft attacked two runways at Beirut international airport on Thursday, dramatically widening an assault against Lebanon a day after Hizbollah seized two Israeli soldiers and killed eight.

Oh my god, I hope no one was hurt.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Anyone else getting sick and tired of Israel?

Comment

Lebanese citizens run shortly after Israeli warplanes bombed Qasmiya Bridge near Tyre in south Lebanon July 12, 2006. REUTERS/Adnan Hajj

Your president needs to do something !

Lebanese security sources said the aircraft fired at least six rockets at the runways and a nearby road, forcing the facility to close and flights to divert to airports in the Middle East.
        Will USA just let this continue, Israel attacking the surrounding countries.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

USAF should start throwing there weight around!, then will see...

Comment

Knowing the US, I highly doubt we will take any action against Israel other than a warning or something.
            sigpic

Comment

Operator: World Police, How may I help you ?

Caller: Sirr, Uhm We got some issues with Israel ! Can you please stop that country ? They're killing civilians.

Comment

Why is the US expected to police everyone?! That is what the UN is for! If a country has a problem with another country, dont come crying to the US! Whenever the US intervenes it just gets bitched at by every other country!

Use the UN what it was made for! Solving diplomatic disputes!
                ________
                FORD CROWN VICTORIA POLICE INTERCEPTOR SPECIFICATIONS

Comment

Originally posted by dneedham
                  Why is the US expected to police everyone?! That is what the UN is for! If a country has a problem with another country, dont come crying to the US! Whenever the US intervenes it just gets bitched at by every other country!

AFAIK US is part of UN, you should at least take the initiative as you're one of the majors in UN. Plus US is the supplier of these weapons here. Why dont you sanctionize Israel, preventing them getting agreements done and armoury stuff..

Comment

Thank you. However, the first thing the world says after something like this is that we should go take care of it. While I don't think we, the US, will take action, I'm sure the UN will take action. It is their job, as you just pointed out.

There are plenty of other countries in the UN also who could take action if needed, not just the USA. We obviously have our hands full with Iraq (and perhaps soon, Iran) at the moment.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                      AFAIK US is part of UN, you should at least take the initiative as you're one of the majors in UN. Plus US is the supplier of these weapons here. Why dont you sanctionize Israel, preventing them getting agreements done and armoury stuff..
                      We dont hear Russia getting blamed when someone is killed with a MiG or AK-47!
                      ________
                      Mercedes-Benz Zetros History

Comment

Lebanon - The Land of Milk & Honey
                        Home to the Magestic Cedars
                        Beirut, Lebanon - Paris of the Middle East
                        Middle East Airlines (MEA) - Lebanon's Ambassador to the World
                        Like No Other

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                          There are plenty of other countries in the UN also who could take action if needed, not just the USA. We obviously have our hands full with Iraq (and perhaps soon, Iran) at the moment.
                          Yup. Lets wait for anyone who will dig the first hole in the ground.

Anyway back on topic: I really hope this will end soon. The fights in Israel or whereever is unbearable. Where's the love ?

We dont hear Russia getting blamed when someone is killed with a MiG or AK-47!
                          Im not blaming the United States. Lets be rational. Think about it. US have the sense to do it, they can sanctionize Israel if they could. Anyway Im done. Sorry I have gone offtopic. Sorry guys ! Peace !

Comment

why in the world are some of calling for sanctions on Israel? Hezbollah WENT INTO Israel and attacked Israeli troops, and kidnapped 2 soldiers. What do you expect a country to do when that happens?

Seems like the media is doing a good job of "spinning" the current situation by downplaying the FACT that Hamas and Hezbolla BOTH went into Israel and ATTACKED the IDF. Israel has the right to defend itself, and if they "break", it will be open season on the IDF if Israel does not respond firmly.

Comment

Originally posted by billiam
                              why in the world are some of calling for sanctions on Israel? Hezbollah WENT INTO Israel and attacked Israeli troops, and kidnapped 2 soldiers. What do you expect a country to do when that happens?

Seems like the media is doing a good job of "spinning" the current situation by downplaying the FACT that Hamas and Hezbolla BOTH went into Israel and ATTACKED the IDF. Israel has the right to defend itself, and if they "break", it will be open season on the IDF if Israel does not respond firmly.
                              BOTH sides should be sanctioned. They are both doing all they can and trying hard to provoke the other sides with endless and meaningless "retaliations" that have been going on for the last 1200 years. This is a conflict that has no end unless the rest of the world comes in loud and hard on them. Call me a pessimist, but the way I see it, you either need an all-out nuclear war that ends with the complete extermination of either or both sides (or the world) or a complete embargo by ALL of the rest of the world on EVERYTHING (INCL. oil) on ALL of Middle East to get them sit down and find a peaceful solution in good faith. That may come with a sustained $1000/barrel oil price but I see this as a better alternative than the other choice. The question is: is the world ready to do something as dramatic as this (no, I don't mean the nuclear war part)?
                              Next:
                              None Planned

Comment

Working...
                              X