Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CathayPacific
    BOTH sides should be sanctioned.
    Exactly. Israel is as guilty for overreacting as Hisbollah and what not are guilty for being the brainwashed terrorist scumbags they are.

Comment

^You bet, and add Lebannon for
      -not understanding
      -lacking balls to throw them out and keep hosting them instead.
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

How many Mosques has Israel blown up in the past 10 years or so?
        How many buses full of commuting Muslim passengers has Israel blown up?
        How many times has Israel said you know what Syria, Lebanon, and Iran should not exist?
        Who refuses to disarm by UN Charter? From 2004
        Who has been attacked by its neighboring countries in the past?

How many times do people hit you before you hit back?

Well let’s talk about what should Israel do?

Israel should bomb the airport, they should drop several dozen 500 to 1000 pound bombs every 1000 feet or so. That way the runway is totally unusable for quite a while. They should block the ports and then fill in the channels with several tons of debris (hopefully the remnants of Gaza City) to block ships from arriving. They should go into southern Lebanon and destroy everything in site of Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, and any one else to do with a terror group that does business with the groups.

But you know as long as you all feel it’s always George Bush fault for everything, and you feel the UN can do no wrong. Then I can talk till blue in the face.

But on topic now. Bummer for MEA but you walk with the devil...........

Comment

I agree with Colin and the others that both sides share blame. I'm glad I read the entire thread, b/c the first few posts sounded like the usual anti-American rhetoric.

Sometimes, I wish our brethren in Europe and the rest of the world understand our position. For example the following is a familiar dilemma with us:

1)U.S. doesn't react the way the world would wants - "Why isn't the U.S. doing anything?! You are the U.S., do something!!

2) U.S. does take action (whether diplomatic OR military) - "Stupid war-mongering, baby-killing imperialists!! The U.S. %$&$# suxors!!!

Damn if you do, Damn if you don't

Oh and and as far as that weapons comment goes - I hope whoever posted it has more sense than that. The former Soviet Union/Eastern Bloc nations, as well as the French, British, and Chinese as well as the U.S., produces or did produce weapons used by paramilitary, guerilla, and/or terrorist groups around the world. If I'm not mistaken, 85%+ of the images I see of a terrorist holding a weapon, shows them holding a good ‘ol Kalashnikov. You know the AKs right? They come from a factory in Indiana
          Bama sux, War Eagle!

Comment

1. Believe it or not, but Israel does make some of their own weapons.

2. I'm sick of all of them over there, the people of Lebanon didn't do anything, so then Israel attacks the country instead of the individuals responsible for the kidnappings and that really pisses me off.

3. Finally they ALL need to grow up overthere. Each and every country there is just pathetic. Mostly Israel and Palestine, especially the Palestineans.

Comment

Thats one country you dont mess with. My Grandfather was over there during the Six-Day war. He said Israeli’s dont get mad, they get even.
              -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kcmh
                How many Mosques has Israel blown up in the past 10 years or so?
                How many buses full of commuting Muslim passengers has Israel blown up?
                How many times has Israel said you know what Syria, Lebanon, and Iran should not exist?
                Who refuses to disarm by UN Charter? From 2004
                Who has been attacked by its neighboring countries in the past?

How many times do people hit you before you hit back?
                Valid point, but it goes both ways. Whether its true or not, Israel is viewed as "the bad guys" by a lot of Muslims. With Israel dropping bombs in Lebanon isn't only going to kill those behind attacks, but also will get some innocent people (unavoidable). Then family members and friends of those innocent people who were killed will start saying "yeah, maybe they are evil", thus begins a new crop of suicide bombers.

I dont claim to have the answer, but violence might help in the short term, but in the long term its only going to create more violence. There is obviously a fundamental problem between the two cultures that needs to be worked out, otherwise we wont see any improvement, in fact it'll only get worse. Its impossible to track down and kill every single person who wants to do Israel harm, and if you try, you're only going to make more.

I have a feeling if this doesn't stop soon its gong to escalate into something really really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  Valid point, but it goes both ways. Whether its true or not, Israel is viewed as "the bad guys" by a lot of Muslims. With Israel dropping bombs in Lebanon isn't only going to kill those behind attacks, but also will get some innocent people (unavoidable). Then family members and friends of those innocent people who were killed will start saying "yeah, maybe they are evil", thus begins a new crop of suicide bombers.

I dont claim to have the answer, but violence might help in the short term, but in the long term its only going to create more violence. There is obviously a fundamental problem between the two cultures that needs to be worked out, otherwise we wont see any improvement, in fact it'll only get worse. Its impossible to track down and kill every single person who wants to do Israel harm, and if you try, you're only going to make more.

I have a feeling if this doesn't stop soon its gong to escalate into something really really bad.

Agreed. I think that is the most pressing worry right now. It would be easy for Israel to broaden the scope of this action almost at will.
                  Bama sux, War Eagle!

Comment

We are wayyyyy of topic now.

No more comments from me, until something is posted in the off-topic.

Comment

They attacked the airport agian...

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                        They attacked the airport agian...
                        Oh man. Again.. Tell me.. F-16's dropping bombs ?
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Some of you are talking about the US getting involved in this. Here's what I think:

1. The US should not intervene here until it is asked for help, and even when asked, it obviously reserves the right to deny such help.

2. Israel and the US are allies, so I highly doubt the US would impose sanctions on Israel. In any case, if the US does step into this mess in favor of one country, we will become a prime target for terrorists from the other country, and at this stage, the fewer organizations sending terrorists into America, the better.

3. This bombing is the most idiotic thing Israel could have done. I'm not saying they should have sat back and kept quiet, but bombing an airport runway? Yeah, I'm sure the Hizbollah terrorists responsible for the murders camp out on Beirut's active. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure this could have been handled in a better way (and I don't mean diplomatic talks). This was more a "I have bigger balls then you" statement than anything else.

4. The UN too is stuck between a rock and a hard place here. Taking the side of Lebanon would be seen as condoning terrorism, and taking the side of Israel would be seen as supporting unnecessary aggression.

Originally posted by Maxpower
                          Anti-war slogan of the day : War: the ignorant against the innocent.
                          That is the most oversimplified and partly wrong statement ever. Firstly, war is seldom against the innocent (though they unfortunately and sometimes unavoidably get in the way). Secondly, not all war is ignorant. It is very necessary sometimes.
                          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

since there wont be too much more news on the airport I'm guessing, I'm going to move this to the off topic so this discussion can continue...provided it remains civil

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                              2. Israel and the US are allies, so I highly doubt the US would impose sanctions on Israel. In any case, if the US does step into this mess in favor of one country, we will become a prime target for terrorists from the other country, and at this stage, the fewer organizations sending terrorists into America, the better.
                              Even if the US doesn't get involved, the US will still become a prime target for terrorists just because of the relationship between the US and Israel.

3. This bombing is the most idiotic thing Israel could have done. I'm not saying they should have sat back and kept quiet, but bombing an airport runway? Yeah, I'm sure the Hizbollah terrorists responsible for the murders camp out on Beirut's active.
                              I just read something that may explain why the airport runways were bombed. Speculation is that the runways were bombed to keep terrorist related supplies from arriving in Lebanon and also to stop attempts to fly the captured soldiers out of Lebanon.
                              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

That is the most oversimplified and partly wrong statement ever. Firstly, war is seldom against the innocent (though they unfortunately and sometimes unavoidably get in the way). Secondly, not all war is ignorant. It is very necessary sometimes.
                                I dont get why you are saying its necessary sometimes. War shouldnt be an option or solution even though you had run out of possible "options/solutions".
                                But Im not gonna preach here what's necessary or not. Talked with a jp member today and he said "they overlook everything so they think that war is the only solution" Thats being ignorant, wouldnt you say ? The innocents remain innocents, and yes I agree that they like you said unfortunately and sometimes unavoidably get in the way. I guess thats the way its like.
                                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X