No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Beirut airport closes after Israeli air strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One point I haven't seen brought up was that right before the current intifada, during a peace summit in July 2000 at Camp David, Israel agreed to withdraw from 97% of the West Bank, 100% of the Gaza Strip, dismantle most of the settlements, and create a Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital. The only concessions Arafat had to make were to acknowledge Israeli sovereignty over the parts of the Western Wall religiously significant to Jews (that is, not the entire Temple Mount), and to agree to three early warning stations in the Jordan Valley, which Israel would withdraw from after six years.

The Palestinian negotiators wanted to accept the deal, but Arafat rejected it. According to the principal U.S. peace negotiator, Dennis Ross, the critical issue was the clause in the agreement that said the conflict would now be over. Arafat, whose life has been governed by that conflict, Ross said, simply could not end it.

Fast foward to today, where Israel has done part of what they wanted to do 6 years ago (withrawing from Gaza, and in process, forcibly removing their own people from Gaza), and what do they get? Rockets launched from Gaza into Israel. There is no inducement by the Arab world on the Palestinians to weed out militants who seek the destruction of Israel, hence those who do want to live in peace, side by side with Israel, have no voice. Those are some real disenfranchised voters... Speaking of which, since the Saudis, and UAE, and other Arab countries that are very rich, why don't they pour money into palestine so their fellow Arab brothers won't have to live in poverty? If they can build all those hotels and islands in the UAE, surely they can build some nice apartments and houses in Palestine. Could it be that they want to continue to allow the Palestinians to channel their current plight into hate for Jews and Israel? Food for thought indeed....

In the end, the current cycle of violence lay squarely on Arafat . If there is peace now between Palestine and Israel, there would be more momentum by the Lebanese to clean house. Which brings up the fact that the UN passed a resolution, 1559, a while back that was supposed to get the Lebanese gov't to deploy its troops and drive hezbollah out. If they had done that as well, then hezbollah wouldn't have done what they've done, and Israel wouldn't need to do what the Lebanese gov't has so far refused to do. All they're saying right now is "lets have a cease fire". They need to tack on "and we'll take care of hezbollah". If they come out and say that, and follows through, Israel will lower their "level" quite quickly.

Comment

So much truth to that too.

Comment

Video recorded at 16th July 2006.

I really can't imagine being in a war, but when you view this, hearing the sirens and stuff, I mean it's like being there in real life. Every year the national warning system is being tested here in Denmark, where they test these sirens, it makes similar sounds to what you will hear in this video. When hearing this, it makes me sad. Knowing the situation over there, it makes me go, Oh fvck me, This shit is for real. Damnn..

Tell me what you're thinking when you're viewing this. No casualties , thank g-d for that. But you can hear the bombs exploding nearby. Where its happening, the videographer happens to be that close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFlYw9awR5o
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

President Bush Swears

7/17/2006 - A stray microphone captured a very candid moment between President Bush and Tony Blair at the G8 summit. He has some harsh words for Syria and Hezbollah.

http://www.break.com/index/president_bush_swears.html
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Awesome, that's stupid misstake number howmuch?
            Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
            - Metzgermeister

Comment

Honestly, over the past few days I've been wondering whether ole Theodore Herzl had it all wrong...

Comment

Ok, I'm no Bush supporter, but all he said was 'shit'. He said what almost all of us are thinking anyway...I think the media is just a little bored (how could they be??).
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

yeah, everybody swears, really not that big of a deal.

Comment

Hizbollah

Was listening to a political analyst on our local talk radio - very interesting fact about Hizbollah (and it applies equally to most such groups) is that as an entity Hizbollah are deeply divided between "those that most people would agree and sympathise with" and the "scum buckets that should be shot on sight". The majority of the Hizbollah faction are OK and are wanting to do the right thing, but have no control on the "scum bucket" element who (in this case) knew full well that Israel would react in the manner they have done.

The same analogy can be used when talking "English Football Fans" - the vast majority of those fans are "fair dinkum blokes", yet the few yobbo's spoil it all for the rest of them. Take just about any situation, the extremists on either side of the fence cause sh1t for ALL of us - the bastards !!!!

History teaches us many things, but we never learn from it....
                    RobB

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                      Yeah, that is so fucking right!

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                        It's not a big deal because a Texan said a curse word; it's a big deal because the President of the United States said it. Imagine if the Queen of England farted and everyone heard it... same thing. Everyone farts, but you don't expect her to!

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                          just not on here. Come on guys, i've noticed it getting pretty bad amongst the teenagers around here. I think we can put up with it from time to time if its needed to emphasize a point, but other than that it just makes you sound dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                            And I'm sure that was not really what was intended when it was stated "its not always bad to swear".
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                              It's not a big deal because a Texan said a curse word; it's a big deal because the President of the United States said it. Imagine if the Queen of England farted and everyone heard it... same thing. Everyone farts, but you don't expect her to!
                              More reasons why political correctness is totally stupid!

Queen farts... Bush swears... who gives a shit? These people ARE human.
                              My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

So now they said Israel has invaded Lebanon, and so far 183 civilians have been killed in the country, and 456 have been injured.
                                sigpic
                                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                                X