BREAKING NEWS: Beirut airport closes after Israeli air strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    So now they said Israel has invaded Lebanon, and so far 183 civilians have been killed in the country, and 456 have been injured.
    Awesome, now Israël can continue destroying Lebanon and name it 'Destroying Hezbollah' .
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      just not on here. Come on guys, i've noticed it getting pretty bad amongst the teenagers around here. I think we can put up with it from time to time if its needed to emphasize a point, but other than that it just makes you sound dumb.
      Sorry man, I was just joking around

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
        Awesome, now Israël can continue destroying Lebanon and name it 'Destroying Hezbollah' .
        Do any of you read beyond the headlines? Hezbollah puts their weapons and missiles in civilian buildings, so if Israel wants to destroy those missiles before Hezbollah can launched them INDISCRIMINATELY, sometimes innocent people get hurt. Again, the root problem is Hezbollah, whether its launching missiles indiscriminately, attacking civilians, to hiding among civilians to INCREASE collateral damage if they themselves are attacked. Just today, Hezbollah lobbed some rockets into Nazareth, killing 2 children and an elderly person. Realize that this IS what they want. Contrast that to Israel, which when they do cause civilian casualties, that was NOT their intent. Israel tries to hit targets without causing civilian casualties.

Again, if Hezbollah stops launching rockets, returns the soldiers they kidnapped, all this will be stopped, so why haven't they done that? Because they do not care for the interests of the Lebanese people, they only want to see the destruction of Israel.

Comment

Killing a terrorist doesn't end terrorism; it creates more terrorism. Honestly, this isn't a nation we're up against. We are NOT up against Lebanon or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We (as in anyone who wishes for action to be taken against terrorism) are up against a group of people in 25 or more countries who want to kill us. Make no mistake about it, they want to kill us.

But sending thousands of Tomahawks and F-22s isn't the answer- it's just making it worse. You can't force a nationless group to surrender. You simply can't control what individual people do amongst each other. People keep comparing the "War on Terror" with WWII or Vietnam or some other war. You can drive Germany to defeat, make Hitler kill himself in some bunker, and take over. But even if you kill the head of Hezbollah, what makes you think that's it? There are 200 other people fighting for his spot. Kill all of them, then you'll have 800 more people who saw what happened and turn into anti-semitic, anti-American, anti-West people who strap bombs and drive to Tel Aviv.

Our politicians, if they really do care so dearly about protecting the western way of life would attack to cause rather than the symptoms. Evidently, all they see worthwhile is creating new terrorists. I'm sorry, but the world is going to get a lot more shitty if this keeps up, and it won't be attributed to the surrender-monkeys or "cut-and-run" loons!

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
            Killing a terrorist doesn't end terrorism; it creates more terrorism.
            That is true, but if you do let them be, they will continue to kill innocent people, so its a lose-lose situation.

Oh, and I'm not sure if you meant it this way, but saying "We're not against Nazi Germany" in a present tense makes it seem like you are refering to modern day Germany.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

We are NOT up against Nazi Germany or Lebanon or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
              Wtf is your problem?
              Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
              - Metzgermeister

Comment

We are NOT up against Nazi Germany or Lebanon or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
                I sure as hell hope you were talking past tense when mentioning Germany, otherwise you might require a history lesson or two.

Comment

Damn, people....it was an analogy. I realize we haven't been up against Nazi Germany for 61 years.... Maybe it was over the top, but I was pointing out there's a difference between fighting against a nation or country and fighting against a bunch of men dispersed throughout the world. I definitely meant the Nazi Germany bit in the past tense...will edit. I assumed people would realize Nazi Germany has in fact not existed for six decades.

I'm sorry if I offened any Germans on this board!

Comment

Apology accepted .

I assumed people would realize Nazi Germany has in fact not existed for six decades.
                    Pfft, if only. There is still an unbelievably large number of people, even here in Germany, whose thinking is Germany=Naziland, but that's material for another discussion.

Comment

Damn, people....it was an analogy. I realize we haven't been up against Nazi Germany for 61 years.... Maybe it was over the top, but I was pointing out there's a difference between fighting against a nation or country and fighting against a bunch of men dispersed throughout the world. I definitely meant the Nazi Germany bit in the past tense...will edit. I assumed people would realize Nazi Germany has in fact not existed for six decades.

Thats what I figured, no big deal.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Killing a terrorist doesn't end terrorism; it creates more terrorism. Honestly, this isn't a nation we're up against. We are NOT up against Lebanon or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We (as in anyone who wishes for action to be taken against terrorism) are up against a group of people in 25 or more countries who want to kill us. Make no mistake about it, they want to kill us.

But sending thousands of Tomahawks and F-22s isn't the answer- it's just making it worse. You can't force a nationless group to surrender. You simply can't control what individual people do amongst each other. People keep comparing the "War on Terror" with WWII or Vietnam or some other war. You can drive Germany to defeat, make Hitler kill himself in some bunker, and take over. But even if you kill the head of Hezbollah, what makes you think that's it? There are 200 other people fighting for his spot. Kill all of them, then you'll have 800 more people who saw what happened and turn into anti-semitic, anti-American, anti-West people who strap bombs and drive to Tel Aviv.

Our politicians, if they really do care so dearly about protecting the western way of life would attack to cause rather than the symptoms. Evidently, all they see worthwhile is creating new terrorists. I'm sorry, but the world is going to get a lot more shitty if this keeps up, and it won't be attributed to the surrender-monkeys or "cut-and-run" loons!
                        There comes a point when enough is enough. The United States, and now Israel, have reached that point. We did nothing throughout the 1990s while Al Qaeda attacked us again and again. What did not responding get us? It led to 3,000 of our own civilians being killed in 9/11. Since we have started playing hardball, there have been no other terrorist attacks in the United States. Seems like our new strategy of fighting back is working pretty well!

Same thing with Israel. Hezbollah has been firing rockets at Israeli cities and towns for years. A week ago, Hezbollah invaded Israeli territory and killed a number of Israeli soldiers. They also kidnapped two others. Since Hezbollah is part of the Lebanese government, this amounted to nothing less than an act of war by Lebanon. How do you expect a country to respond to war? Israel has taken the gloves off and is going all out, as they should. Vietnam taught us that you can't half-fight a war and expect to win. You have to go all out or not at all; the middle ground only leads to defeat.
                        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                          Since we have started playing hardball, there have been no other terrorist attacks in the United States. Seems like our new strategy of fighting back is working pretty well!
                          Just because they've lulled you into a false sense of security doesn't mean any 'strategy' is working. I feel no safer (infact even a little more unsafe) now that this whole "war on terror" is going on.

It would be one thing if they were taking an organized approach towards eliminating world terrorism (even though that is easier said than done), but just fighting small pockets of terrorists in a couple of countries frankly does jack. The current "war on terror", if you can even call it that, is nothing short of a disorganized incompetently handled mess.
                          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                            Seems like our new strategy of fighting back is working pretty well!
                            Yeah, instead of losing 3,000 people at once, we've substituted our soldiers and stretched that numbet out over 3 years. That sounds so much better...let alone all the people on the other side who died.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
                              Anyone else getting sick and tired of Israel?
                              Yes. Me.

Tillerman.
                              They locked up a man
                              who wanted to rule the world
                              The fools
                              They locked up the wrong man

-Leonard Cohen, Songs Of Love And Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Tillerman
                                Yes. Me.

Tillerman.
                                Anyone else getting tired of your pointless Bull S***?

Was there a point to that? Honestly, if you are going to try to make an argument, at least use facts and points to back it up!

Comment

Working...
                                X