It's true... Edmonton DOES suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's true... Edmonton DOES suck!

EDMONTON -- Turns out Chris Pronger isn't the only person who doesn't want anything to do with Edmonton.

City officials found that out the hard way this week, when they struggled to find three randomly selected Canadians willing to accept a free vacation there.

City staff had to offer the trip to 25 people before they could find three takers, admitted city spokesman Robert Moyles.

* That's pretty bad if you ask me... though only Edmontonians would deny such a compelling and well-written touch of reality!
    My Jetphotos.net Images

Not as much as Sioux City, which even has the code SUX!!!
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Lol, but they doo make a good point about halfway into the article... if someone called me all of a sudden and said I won a trip in contest I did not personally enter, I'd be very suspicious as well, more suspicious when it is a popular destination

Comment

I enjoyed living there 1962-68. 1989-92 , though if the truth be known Calgary would be my preference for AB cities.

Comment

Not good for the city's best ambassador at large.
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
            I enjoyed living there 1962-68. 1989-92 , though if the truth be known Calgary would be my preference for AB cities.
            I enjoyed living in Calgary and I have to say that Calgary would also be my preference over Edmonton, but I also enjoyed my visits to Edmonton whenever I was up there.
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Eh....the survey is kinda flawed.

We live in an age where the 'nothing is free' message has been drilled into our brains. Someone could offer me a roundtrip ticket to New York and I would wonder what the catch was. And I would probably say no if they just asked on the phone or in person.

Comment

Edmonton is a great town once you get over the fact that it takes an hour to get from one end to another. From what I hear, the road infrastruture is improving by the minute (road construction with oil money).

Things I especially like about Edmonton:
                -one of the biggest theatre Festivals in North America
                -Heritage Days in July/August (one-of, afaik)
                -One of Canada's biggest universities - and all the partying that goes with it
                -Canadian Finals Rodeo - the place turns into a cow town
                -cheapest gas prices in Canada
                -in a Province with no Provincial sales tax
                -Grand Prix race in July
                -a "real" hockey town. plus the amazing Oilers

And another interesting fact (for those of you who care):
                In the late 1970's, Edmonton (then pop. 600 000 people) had more nitro funny cars and dragsters than Southern California.

Comment

Working...
                X