What majot should I choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What majot should I choose?

Here's the deal: I have 22 mainly liberal arts credits. I need to choose a major and after much soul searching, I think (emphasis on think) I have narrowed it down to two choices: Computer Science or Astronautical Engineering. I've ruled out an overall aerospace engineering and aeronautical engineering. So far I've found three schools with astronautical engineering whereas Computer Science is easier to find. What do you think?
    Astronautical Engineering
    63.64%
    Computer Science
    36.36%

umm i hope u choose what "you" really want to do. By majoring in either one of these majors you you are going to get certain career options.. just choose the one that is a requirment for the job you want?

Comment

Officially the most random poll. Choose whichever you would enjoy the most.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Astronautical Engineering, less than 1/3 of students who start an engineering degree will ever go on to be one.

Comment

PoliSci...oh wait...

Comment

Are you seriously giving a bunch of people on an aviation board choice at what you do for the rest of you life?

Why are you going to college?
            Tanner Johnson - Owner
            twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
              Are you seriously giving a bunch of people on an aviation board choice at what you do for the rest of you life?

Why are you going to college?
              He's asking for opinions...nothing more nothing less. It's always helpful to hear the pros and cons of something from people who actually have experience.

Even in your other posts you come across as being pretty condescending...the whole "I'm the best teen photographer in the whole wide world and I run a 10000 dollar business" thing seems to have gotten to your head. There's nothing wrong with all that but learn some damn humility.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

In this case, it depends a lot on what you want to do after graduation.
                Astronautical engineering pretty much destines you to a life of research: Masters, PhD or whatever... NASA if you're really lucky. There are very little astro jobs in the industry, but a career in research in this field is probably quite rewarding.

CompSci would most likely mean making big bucks at some IT or tech computer after graduating. Make sure you're comfortable with sitting in front of the computer programming all day for the rest of your life.

Comment

i vote engineering...you can always switch though.

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                    "I'm the best teen photographer in the whole wide world and I run a 10000 dollar business" thing seems to have gotten to your head.
                    Since I say so much about that right?
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Basically, do you want to be a rich motherf**** and a smart ass or a decently paid person who I would call a nerd?

nvm, I just remembered my dad is a big nerd and he is an engineer, so....

Comment

Spelling ("Majot" - ha, ha) - seriously, engineering in my opinion, my daughter commences her Engineering Sciences degree from Jan 2007 - HUUUUUGE demand for engineers this side of the fence
                        RobB

Comment

I dont think this is a question that anyone but yourself can really answer.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                            I dont think this is a question that anyone but yourself can really answer.
                            Good advice, Yoda.
                            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                              Good advice, Yoda.
                              In that case let me rephrase

I think not that anyone this question answer can but you.

For being old and wise, Yoda's grammar sucks ass

Comment

Working...
                              X