Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Football Manager 2006 Thread

Hi All,

Thought I'd commence a thread for all Football Manager 2006 users.

I'm currently the manager of Championship side Leeds United. To give you a rough idea of where I'm currently at I've completed two out of six pre-season friendlies. From memory I drew 0-0 with Peterborough and beat Swansea 2 or 3-1.

I've signed Sebastien Carole from Brighton and Kevin Nicholls from Luton (just like real life!) and I think there was a third. I've sold Rui Marques, Michael Ricketts and Gylfi Einarsson. With a transfer budget of just £250,000 it was somewhat difficult to acquiring new players but money from the sales of players helped.

I've done all the transfers I wish to do for now and I've molded the team around my managerial style. The board and fans seem happy with me and although we're in profit we're £300,000 in the red, and that's not what's owed for loans! Although this figure has dropped from the £988,000 it was at when I first took over and I've only been in charge for about 8 days!

So it's a case of so far so good, I'll keep you updated, I'd sure like to hear other peoples experiences of this game!
    DTVAirport

I gave up on the Leeds game, I got about five or six games into the season and it all became sort of routine so I temporarily lost interest in the game.

But now I'm back, this time in charge of Newcastle United. I hope to be able to put up with the routineness of the game by getting into the UEFA Cup. I've only been in charge for a week but it's already been quite a challenge with Shay Given requesting a transfer (which I refused because with a transfer budget of just £2m I cannot afford to replace him and he's the best in the Premiership). But on a better note I won my first game 3-0! I was playing a team called "Lech" in the Euro Vase, which used to be known as the Inter-Toto cup I think and it's like a back door into the UEFA cup.
    DTVAirport

Comment

Working...
    X