The idiots who are seatting next to you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The idiots who are seatting next to you

I love flight, but when I have an idiot seat next to me, it just angryme. When I try to sleep or read, eat, or doing something during the flight this person just talk to me and talk, talk, talk about stupid things.

So what we can do if we have a person like this sharing a flight with us ?

If you have some histories like this one, please notice me.

Bye
    Thanks
    ACES. Por el Respeto.

The only time I've ever been really pissed off at the people sitting around me was a time last fall. I was flying MDW-DSM (about a 90 minute flight) in the back of a Saab 340. It was a Sunday night and a late flight that got in around midnight.

There were a couple guys that had the back row to themselves and I was a row or two up. Since they were sitting an entire two seats apart (there are 4 seats across the whole cabin in that last row) they had to TALK VERY LOUDLY SO THEY COULD HEAR EACH OTHER.

They were talking about the next day's work and stuff like that. I hated my job at the time and I had to be in early at 6am the next morning. The last thing I wanted to think about at that time was working, but thanks to those two assholes' never-ending conversation I had to think about work the whole duration of what otherwise would have been a relaxing flight.

It's times like those it's a damn good thing I don't carry a firearm.

Mike
    Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
    lp.org

Comment

I once had this couple who couldn't stop sucking each other's face.

Comment

I was on a flight from DEN-CLE on a Continental 737. I didn't know seat 8A had a window missing! Of course there was a window between me and the seat in front of me that I could look out of, it was more on my side of the seat, anyway, there was a kid about 3 years old who felt like the shade needed to be down for five minutes and up for five minutes throughout the flight. I managed to snap one good photo if your wondering what it looks like from seat 8A:

His dad wasn't so great either. While we were taxiing, he gave his predictions as to what runway we were going to take off on and that he worked as an ATC in Cleveland, big deal. These had to be loud enough so that everyone around him knew that. Needless to say he was wrong on the runway "prediction". What would he know about Denver and its runways. he is from cleveland I really hate it when people think that they are special and everyone around them needs to know.

Comment

The most annoying people are not those sitting next to you but the one sitting in front of you who puts his seat way back so you can't breathe anymore!

Comment

The worst flight I ever had (incidentally on my favourite airline) was Ansett Australia ADL - MEL. It was not the airline's fault though.

WINDOW: Sixty year-old lady who'd never flown before, clutching her handbag and semi-hyperventilating whilst gasping for the ENTIRE length of the flight, "we're gonna crash, we're gonna crash"...

AISLE: A 300 pound [hairy] walrus who sweats buckets and smells worse than a rotting cespit (thanks for that, kaddyuk!)...

CENTRE: ME!
            AIRIGAMI.NET
            http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

My LAX-CLT flight 7/9/03

Window: Me, taking pictures, you can see one some of my pics here. I assume you can find them.

Center: Bubba, snoring falling into my seat

Aisle: Bertha, Bubba's wife, watching the movie, glaring at me for keeping my shade up, I pushed past this dynamic duo to use the lavatory and when I returned Bertha had pulled my shade down. I opened it when I came back. when we were holding because of storms at CLT they talked in this Southern accent like: Bertha:"Dweee got enof gas ta gt to Chrlt?" Bubba: "I dnt no o, dmn airline." Understandably I fell asleep. That's exactly how they sounded. So good pics on the flight, bad people.

Comment

Re: The idiots who are seatting next to you

Originally posted by ACES A320

um........I usually just tell them I am tired and am going to get some sleep. Or, if that does not work, I tell them I can't talk very much as I don't want to spread the germs from the contagious "bug" I picked up while in some SARS ridden country (Canada, China, etc ..which ever fits the moment) ... then cough a few times.......that will shut them up quick!

You think I am joking? Try it sometime...

Comment

I remember a father son couple that spilled coffe on the passenger next to them, and the kid dropped his butter all over the floor of the plane. It was so funny. The guy next to the kid ended up stepping on it, cuz the kid couldn't find out where the butter went. And to top it all of, this kid had to use the bathroom every hour.

And who is this person? None other than (drumroll)

8 YEAR OLD ME!

Comment

um........I usually just tell them I am tired and am going to get some sleep. Or, if that does not work, I tell them I can't talk very much as I don't want to spread the germs from the contagious "bug" I picked up while in some SARS ridden country (Canada, China, etc ..which ever fits the moment) ... then cough a few times.......that will shut them up quick!
                    Nice one! I will definitely try it next time I encounter that problem.
                    AIRIGAMI.NET
                    http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Re: The idiots who are seatting next to you

Originally posted by ACES A320
                      I love flight, but when I have an idiot seat next to me, it just angryme. When I try to sleep or read, eat, or doing something during the flight this person just talk to me and talk, talk, talk about stupid things.

Bye
                      Thanks
                      Usually when the person sitting next to me is being annoying, I just say "Captain,can you please shut up!"

Comment

Well, on my TLS-LGW flight I sat next to a nice Spanish girl

Then on my AA light I sat next to a 16 year old German girl. She even let me trade seats for her window

-Clovis *knock on wood*

Comment

Working...
                        X