help with CD drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with CD drive

OK, my CD drive just stoped working a couple days ago. I put CDs in and nothing happens, and the CD ( D: ) drive thing in My Computer is not there. WTF? Does anybody have any ideas?

same thing just happened to me.....wtf ??? What drive do u have - maybe we got the same ones. Mine is LG DVD-RW... I can't play FS now

Comment

Yeah same here. Mine went a couple months ago. Still haven't worked since. I have to get a new one soon. I've tried everything, but the damn thing refuses to be recognized by my computer.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

try finding it on the Device manager by right clicking on My Computer, Hardware Tab, then Device Manager. Then Double click on DVD/CD-ROM Devices and see if it ends up there. If it is there, try the drivers and seeing if "the deivce is working properly". If it doesnt show up, then its drivers have not been installed on the computer.

Try searching on the website of the manufacturer of the drive, see if there is any firmware or driver updates (or drivers to install in case it doesnt show up on the device listing) for the drive. Also see if there is any other discussion about it on any computer forums and see if anyone else has the same problem.

If there isnt any softwware fixes or problems (usually its the main reason). Open up your computer and check all cables leading to the CD Drive and the Motherboard (Just the IDE cables running to and and/or from the Drive). Thats very unlikely that it could come undone.

This is why XP sucks ass, just get a Mac. You would never have this problem.
        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
          ^^ Coming from someone who has a PC, haha

Comment

If you actually believe that, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona on sale for you.

Comment

Originally posted by matth
              ^^ Coming from someone who has a PC, haha
              hahaha no, I own an iBook, I bought it from my friend Andrew for 500 bucks.

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              If you actually believe that, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona on sale for you.
              How many times has my iBook crashed since I bought it? None, how many times for my PC? twice.

Andrew who owned it for a year has never had any problems with it what so ever. My PC took the biggest shit on it self a few months ago. Would never happen on a mac. Only "virus" ive ever seen on a mac is "uptimeoverload.app". Can you guess what it does?

Oh and Colin, call me the next time your PC has a virus, id be glad to back up any of the files on my iBook.
              -Kevin

Comment

That thing running Virtual PC on it too?

Comment

I tried that out and it works, I owe you one kevin

Comment

I had an IDE lead go down on me (lucky me ) gave same symptoms as what you have discribed

Cheers
                    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                      same thing just happened to me.....wtf ??? What drive do u have - maybe we got the same ones. Mine is LG DVD-RW... I can't play FS now
                      Of course you can, just get a crack off the net

Comment

How many times has my iBook crashed since I bought it? None, how many times for my PC? twice.
                        I use a Mac at work, and it usually crashes at least once a month. My last PC major PC crash was over 3 years ago. Since then, only programs or games killed themselves.

Oh and Colin, call me the next time your PC has a virus, id be glad to back up any of the files on my iBook.
                        Don't you worry, I've got all the necessary programs, and haven't had a virus in 2 years either .

Comment

Mac's are so damn stable it just ends up pissing me off (like ridiculously long waits when relocating files)

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                            Air Show photography, Civilian and Military aircraft fact sheets. 40 years, and 20 years online! Zap16.com: Photo's, Facts and Experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                              I use a Mac at work, and it usually crashes at least once a month. My last PC major PC crash was over 3 years ago. Since then, only programs or games killed themselves.
                              Thats probibly cause its A) Old, or B) your not running OS X 10.4

Ive tried to deliberatly crash my iBook or crash any program and it wont rape it self in the ass like a PC. Ive never had a program or the OS (Kernel Panic) take a dump on it self on a mac.

Originally posted by matth
                              That thing running Virtual PC on it too?

No point, I have a mac, I like it for the OS. VPC is a waste of space. Plus anyone with a Intel-Based Mac will tell you Boot Camp is 100% better.
                              -Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X