Internet Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Troubles

OK my internet is sumwhat fine but sumthings just dont work right. I have Firefox as my default browser and it works fine and all but other internet applications just dont seem to work right...
    -internet explorer
    -google earth
    -aol explorer

When I open Internet explorer I just get a "page cannont be found" message and same with aol explorer. Google Earth says network error or sumtin like that. Any clues?

Try having a MAC and then you will know what computer/internet problems are.

I F******* hate this POS Macintosh I have

Comment

^^^ lol i wuldnt know about macs but im glad firefoz works but thought I wuld ask cuz sumeone might know.. Atleast u dont have to deal with stupid Windows Autoupdate and crap. I turn that crap off all the time and every Friken 5 minutes I get a little bubble saying my PC isnt safe.

Comment

Try to pay bills regualarly j/k. Get a MAC or Liinux. I use Windwos rite now but I plan to et an iBook just to free myself from Mr. Gates. Also check for viruses or spyware that can be blocking these programs or maybe infects the.exe files. And make sure that the directory path for the program is correct.

Or if you have DSL try to unplug the cable and plug back in or reset you modem/router. Helps sumtimes

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
          check for viruses or spyware that can be blocking these programs or maybe infects the.exe files.
          Originally posted by pkonowrocki
          if you have DSL try to unplug the cable and plug back in or reset you modem/router.
          Edward,

I too would advise you to try both of these, as both have helped me out one way or another in the past. By doing this may also clear up the warning messages about your PC not being safe etc.

Come to think of it, I'm not too sure about the second one. If one browser doesn't work because of this problem then neither should the rest. I discovered this myself when neither IE or FF was working until I re-plugged the plug back in. Still, you could give it a try.

Good luck,

Dale

Comment

i usually find that even if IE isnt working then FF will. Cause i have that same kind problem. Page cannot be found. I'm not sure how to get around ir either. I'm sure its Adware though, i did have a program that removed it but i dont know what it was. I'l see if i can find out.

Comment

Working...
            X