Christians and Muslims demonstrate side by side against Israeli attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christians and Muslims demonstrate side by side against Israeli attacks

Interesting development following today's killing of over 50 innocent civilians. But not really surprising. I suspect Israel's 48 hour halt to air strikes is an attempt to save face in front of the international community.

Article in German:
    Die Bilder der toten Kinder aus Kana haben die Libanesen im Zorn vereint: Zu Tausenden gingen Christen und Schiiten heute gemeinsam auf die Straßen. Die Horrorszenen aus dem geschichtsträchtigen Ort haben die Hisbollah-Kritiker verstummen lassen.

^^To answer your signature: A big fat yes to that !
    Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-07-30, 23:49.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

A shame, the blood of over 700 Lebanese is in Hizballah's hands. You are aware that it is their intention to con Israel into killing as many innocent Lebanese people as possible, correct? Hizballah actually rejoices at the site of dead Lebanese civilians. These are truly sick people that we are dealing with...

I wonder where the demonstrations were when dozens of Israeli civilians were killed in shopping malls, on buses, or in schools?

Although, the Palestinians did demonstrate on 9/11/2001. You know, dancing in the streets, celebrating the deaths of 3,000 people. Sick.

Kudos to Israel for taking a stand!
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
        A shame, the blood of over 700 Lebanese is in Hizballah's hands. You are aware that it is their intention to con Israel into killing as many innocent Lebanese people as possible, correct? Hizballah actually rejoices at the site of dead Lebanese civilians. These are truly sick people that we are dealing with...

I wonder where the demonstrations were when dozens of Israeli civilians were killed in shopping malls, on buses, or in schools?

Although, the Palestinians did demonstrate on 9/11/2001. You know, dancing in the streets, celebrating the deaths of 3,000 people. Sick.

You know, there are far more humane ways to get rid of terrorism than what Israel is pulling off. Did you see Downing Street do such things against Ireland? No? It's not because they didn't want to- they just found out there are better ways to tackle the problem. Same goes for the Spaniards and their conflict with the ETA. The ETA recently declared a "permanent ceasefire".

It's dangerous logic if you decide to blame Hizbollah for deaths caused by Israeli forces. Are you implying Israel has no choice but to kill those innocents to get to Hizbollah? If so, perhaps the Palestinians have no choice either. Sure, they fight dirty, but what's wrong with that? Life is a bitch, right? I don't encourage what either side does, but I fully understand why they do it. Israel is clearly pissed. How many more people have to die before they take some action against these lowlifes? They're a menace and they must be stopped. But the Palestinians and the rest of that world has a lot of pent up animosity as well- why did Israel just suddenly pop up out of nowhere? You can't leave a land and reclaim it centuries later. That's ridiculous, and they must fight to win it back. The point is, compassion must be shown on both sides. Pointing out that Palestinians cheered after 9/11 is a symptom of a deeper problem, not a call to arms. It's disgusting that both sides think that bombs and mortar will win this battle because it will definitely not do that.

It's great Israel takes a stand, but they should be prepared for the hell that will inevitably accompany it. Nothing is free, neither for Lebanese people nor Israelis. Sad little world, isn't it?

Also, it's interesting no Jewish people were protesting.

Comment

It's funny that you should mention this. In the days following 911, I also saw the news footage of people in Pasestine "celebrating". I was absolutely shocked. But do you know why? Because I had seen the EXACT SAME footage of Palestinians celebrating in the streets weeks prior to 911. The footage showed celebrations, but to some (obviously) unrelated event. The next day at work, that among other things, was discussed. Apparently I wasn't the only one who saw this footage repeated. A few weeks later, there was a synopsis of the world-wide reactions, following 911 (I believe it was on BBC). And guess what one of the topics was: the use of "old stock" video footage of Palestinians celebrating. It turns out that there in fact was no celebrating in Palestine worth mentioning. For the most part, Palestine, along with the rest of the world, was shocked.

Comment

A shame, the blood of over 700 Lebanese is in Hizballah's hands.
            So by that logic, if i foot trip you then you kill 10 people its my fault? Israel has reposnded way out of proportion, which is why theres so little support for them. Apparently where the 37 children and 17 others were killed is near where they had video footage of people firing rockets 24 hours EARLIER.
            So Israel has the ability move to act upon that situation whole day later but somehow forgets to realise that the people with the rockets can too, also move.
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

ok...700 innocent civilains ded...how many Hezbollah militia has Israel managed to eradicate in the past 20 days? rockets are still going off and the only thing happening is innocent civilians are getting killed.

as for the Palestinian rubbish you spurt about 9/11.. instead of highlighting the negative why don't you realise that not all Palestinians reacted in that manner. That's a photo of Palestinian kids praying on the day of the attacks. Then again, US can claim NO high moral ground, just look at Abu Ghraib and the list of attrocities commited in Iraq and Afghanistan in this supposed "war on terror".

You adore Israel so much then why don't you get off your ass and go put yourself on there front line...talk is cheap, innocent life isn't.

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by AC_A340-500
                It's funny that you should mention this. In the days following 911, I also saw the news footage of people in Pasestine "celebrating". I was absolutely shocked. But do you know why? Because I had seen the EXACT SAME footage of Palestinians celebrating in the streets weeks prior to 911. The footage showed celebrations, but to some (obviously) unrelated event. The next day at work, that among other things, was discussed. Apparently I wasn't the only one who saw this footage repeated. A few weeks later, there was a synopsis of the world-wide reactions, following 911 (I believe it was on BBC). And guess what one of the topics was: the use of "old stock" video footage of Palestinians celebrating. It turns out that there in fact was no celebrating in Palestine worth mentioning. For the most part, Palestine, along with the rest of the world, was shocked.
                Wrong! You fell into believing a well-known myth. In reality, if has been confirmed that the footage of the Palestinians dancing on the streets was in fact filmed on 9/11/2001.

If you have any doubts, check out snopes, a non-biased website aimed at debunking or proving internet myths. They address the Palestinian issue here-

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/cnn.htm

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                So by that logic, if i foot trip you then you kill 10 people its my fault? Israel has reposnded way out of proportion, which is why theres so little support for them. Apparently where the 37 children and 17 others were killed is near where they had video footage of people firing rockets 24 hours EARLIER.
                So Israel has the ability move to act upon that situation whole day later but somehow forgets to realise that the people with the rockets can too, also move.
                They dopped leaflets on the town for 19 days, urging civilians to leave. Hizballah decided to fire rockets from behind the building (a common tactic of theirs used to maximize civilian casualties) and Israel had to respond. What would you expect them to do, sit by idly and let rockets continue to pound Israeli cities?

as for the Palestinian rubbish you spurt about 9/11.. instead of highlighting the negative why don't you realise that not all Palestinians reacted in that manner. That's a photo of Palestinian kids praying on the day of the attacks. Then again, US can claim NO high moral ground, just look at Abu Ghraib and the list of attrocities commited in Iraq and Afghanistan in this supposed "war on terror".
                Of course we can claim the moral high ground. There is a big difference between embarassing someone and killing them. Besides, how many celebratory parades did you see in American streets when Abu Ghraib broke? And have you forgotten that the people involved were in fact punished by the US military? The US has and always will have the moral high ground here.

And not all Palestinians reacted in that manner, but the fact that a large portion did makes me have no sympathy for them now. Although I do have class, which is why I'm not out in the streets dancing and rejoicing when civilians get killed.

You adore Israel so much then why don't you get off your ass and go put yourself on there front line...talk is cheap, innocent life isn't.
                I actually have seriously been considering it. Although I have one year of high school left, and I don't know Hebrew...
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

It seems to me that both sides are being so damn bullheaded that it's just an endless conflict. Hezbollah eggs Israel on with rockets and Israel eggs the opposition on by (accidentally, I'm sure at least the leaders of Israel would avoid innocent deaths if they could although I'm not saying what they're doing is right) killing innocent civilians which leads to terrorist recruitment. It's like two immature children fighting it out...except this time they have guns. WHERE ARE THEIR DAMN HEADS?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? If people were not dying I might find this situation hilarious because it sounds like those old comedy gags. sheesh. Peace is so simple but yet it's not.
                  DON'T DEVALUE INNOCENT LIFE IN WARTIME.

Comment

Originally posted by scramjet
                    It seems to me that both sides are being so damn bullheaded that it's just an endless conflict. Hezbollah eggs Israel on with rockets and Israel eggs the opposition on by (accidentally, I'm sure at least the leaders of Israel would avoid innocent deaths if they could although I'm not saying what they're doing is right) killing innocent civilians which leads to terrorist recruitment. It's like two immature children fighting it out...except this time they have guns. WHERE ARE THEIR DAMN HEADS?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? If people were not dying I might find this situation hilarious because it sounds like those old comedy gags. sheesh. Peace is so simple but yet it's not.
                    DON'T DEVALUE INNOCENT LIFE IN WARTIME.
                    Exactly, Scramjet...they're just perpetuating the cycle. Israel is very naive if they think this is really going to end terrorism, and Hizbollah is quite stupid for fighting Israel the way they do in the first place. I just wish bigwig politicians and people who are so factionalized by this conflict realise it before it's too late. People on both sides of the rope are to blame, and they both use their propaganda and blood-smearing to "win" the battle.

Comment

Now they got less than 48 hours to get the "innocents" out of the area.

WTF is wrong with the palestinians, Read they raided the FN building at Gaza Westbank and got in crossifre with the guards there to show an example of disagreement of the attacks by Israel.

Maybe if YOU start to talk instead of raiding the freakin building, maybe FN will do something about this. By raiding an FN building just makes it worse. IMHO that raid is useless and stupid.
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

If any other country (excl the UK) did something like this the USA would be all over the UN and if that did not work sending their own troops in... as its Isreal its a different story.

Comment

Wrong! You fell into believing a well-known myth.
                          Read what I wrote again. I said that I saw the alleged "Palestinian 911 footage" weeks before 911. I then saw it again right after 911.
                          I hope you're not suggesting that I have the gift of prophecy, because I don't. But I do have a remarkable memory.

They dopped leaflets on the town for 19 days, urging civilians to leave.
                          Sure. And Hamas has been urging Jewish citizens to leave the occupied territories for years as well. So does that make then fair game too?

Comment

They dopped leaflets on the town for 19 days, urging civilians to leave. Hizballah decided to fire rockets from behind the building (a common tactic of theirs used to maximize civilian casualties) and Israel had to respond. What would you expect them to do, sit by idly and let rockets continue to pound Israeli cities?
                            Forgetting the fact that for the past 19 days Israel have been blowing the crap out of all the roads that would be used to get out of the area?

Originally posted by AC_A340-500
                            Sure. And Hamas has been urging Jewish citizens to leave the occupied territories for years as well. So does that make then fair game too?
                            No, that doesnt result in Herpa Being right
                            Sam Rudge
                            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Read what I wrote again. I said that I saw the alleged "Palestinian 911 footage" weeks before 911. I then saw it again right after 911.
                              I hope you're not suggesting that I have the gift of prophecy, because I don't. But I do have a remarkable memory.
                              Did you travel into the future to see it? Read the link; the fact that Palestinians were filmed dancing in the streets on 9/11/2001 is indisputable. With all do respect, your memory failed you. They were celebrating the deaths of 3,000 of my fellow countremen, so now I could care less about them.

Forgetting the fact that for the past 19 days Israel have been blowing the crap out of all the roads that would be used to get out of the area?
                              The roads must be somewhat intact, as the news crews are able to travel from town to town with no problem! CNN's Lebanon guy (forget his name) has been all over southern Lebanon. Does he somehow have special powers that let him fly over bombed bridges? No! The escape routes are there; the Lebanese just aren't leaving.

It depends on what you mean by fair game. Israel doesn't target civilians; they target Hizballah rocket sites (hidden next to large concentrations of civilians) and civilians die as a result. Hamas targets civilians. If they bomb an Israeli military convoy and a civilian standing nearby is killed, then that is a fact of war. If they shoot down an Israeli chopper and it kills Israelis on the ground when it crashes, that is also war and that is also justified. The problem is Hamas targets civilians more then it does the military. When civilians are targetted, they are not fair game. When they are killed unintentionally while trying to eliminate a military target, they are!

Comment

Working...
                              X