Computer nerds - A heat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer nerds - A heat question

I took a look at my computers temps. I would like to know if these are high? I Have one fan cooling the computer, but I'm considering another. Can anyone that has a lot of computer knowledge let me know if another fan is needed?

Thanks

My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Go visit if you need urgent answers for this geekstogo.com/forum There's geeks online 24/7 that supports the forums to cope with all the questions asked over there. Go ahead and post also your question there as well.

Edit. The geeks over there had helped me with my previous computer problems, although big majority of them problems has been locating those bug-bastards. These geeks are good.
    Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-08-02, 17:46.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I don't quite know if it's necessary (does it shut down suddenly, is the inside clean, etc.) but fans are cheap so why risk damage to the hardware
      Improve the airflow through your system by having one fan low in the case blow air in and have one fan in the upper half of your case suck air out(preferably opposite of each other and with a similar size and air flow capability).
      That way you'll get a nice circulation going to cool everything down

Comment

I don't know much about this but i know my friends one sticks around 60 degrees. But i suppose that is system specific.

Comment

that is very high...should be around 20-30c at most.

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

Seems a little warm .. What is the room temperature?

I get try to avoid over 45degrees under load..Which doesn't always happen

That's after an hour of TR:Legend, and is watercooled. My CPU waterblock is a little screwy though, I don't think I applied the Artic Silver right :/

(I went nVidia SLI btw:P)

Comment

No need to panic. 40-50C is normal.

However:
              Add a second fan if you want but don't disrupt air flow as someone mentioned. Also operate your machine in a cool and "dust-free" room. And yes...be sure to air the dust outta your PC and make sure no cable(s) is disrupting the air flow.

Comment

Hey Cam, just open up your PC and vacume the heat sync. My friend Andrew has a G5, that bad boy has 24 fans, I was over at his houe the other day and it is shweeet.
                -Kevin

Comment

I sent an email to the local tech shop. And he said those temps were good for the weather we are having (30'C+). He recommended another fan ($11), so I put one in at the bottom.
                  My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Working...
                  X