Teenage curfew in Washington DC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenage curfew in Washington DC.

To fight the increasing crime among the teenagers, it says that teens under 18yo may not go out after 2200hrs for the next 74 days in the capital city. The curfew also includes tourists.

Washington DC is one of the States best touristplace. But just like other US big cities, it has a problem with the increasing crime.

Thats why the Citycouncil again activated an order, that its teens may NOT go out after 2200hrs. The Council wants to place more surveillancecameras and has withdrawn the cops dayoffs to increase the patrol.

Teenagers may only be outside after 2200hrs if they are accompanied with a parent/adult, on the way home from work/ or church.

This curfew came after 15 homicide this month. 100 was killed last year same month. None of the killed ones was tourist.
    The Police reports that 82 % more teens has been arrested for robbery this year compared to last year. Says Washington Post.

Danish SOurce : http://takeoff.nu/news.cfm?choice=sh...1&nNewsId=8216

----------------------------
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

10PM...that just sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
      10PM...that just sucks
      Not really, your still out by 10pm, just find a friend thats 18+ and your good to go and you can by pass the law/rule.

But really think, you can't go into most bars anyway, or places so what fun could you do anyway in DC party wise? I have been there 6 times and Once you have seen DC, you have seen it once, i love to go back all the time because I have family there and I love to spot

Alex
      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

FYI, this curfew has been in effect for the majority of the summer, it's not like it's a very recent implementation.

Comment

10pm? Wow...thats pretty early for a curfew. I don't see why tourists are given the curfew though, I doubt they cause much crime.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
            10pm? Wow...thats pretty early for a curfew. I don't see why tourists are given the curfew though, I doubt they cause much crime.
            It might actually be FOR the protection of the Tourists.

Alex
            Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

We have a curfew here, it is 10PM on weekdays, and 12AM on weekends.
              You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

They should introduce this in the uk. Keep those pikey's off the streets.
                Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

It was tried, but it fell foul of that European Human Rights garbage. For it to work over here would require an act of parliament and that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Matt
                  My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                    FYI, this curfew has been in effect for the majority of the summer, it's not like it's a very recent implementation.
                    Well I have only seen the source yesterday, and there it says the curfew is due to around 90 days, and at my post I specifically typed for another 74 days.

A little late yes, but I just wanted to let you all know about this.
                    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                    X