Charger 3.5 V6 Charger Hemi Impala
    V6 Ford (3.27 ratio) Ford (3.55 ratio)
    0-60 8.9 6.5 8.8 8.9 8.6
    0-80 14.6 10.8 14.3 14.4 14.2
    0-100 24.6 16.2 23.6 24.1 23.4
    Top Speed 135 150 142 130 120
    Braking 60-0 (est.) 130 131 142 143 143
    Track time 1:41.82 1:37.96 1:44.10 1:41.65 1:41.36
    EPA gas mileage 19/27 17/25 19/27 17/25 ?
    Interesting, thanks for the links. IMO the Police Charger looks best with one base color with a cheatline. The classic black and white looks a bit odd to me, while the NYPD Charger and the Charger in the first link that you provided both look surprisingly sexy (if that is a word that can be used to describe a police vehicle!).
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

We've got three so far here in northern Michigan. Two of the white and one of the dark. Not sure but I thinks its like a metallic black with the gold stiping on it, that one looks sweet. All three are for the county sheriff and all three have the hemi.

Brad

Comment

we have CHP Chevy Camaros here in Cali..
        -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
        EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
        NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
        NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
        NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
        NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Dayum, thats a nice sig but hmmmm a weeebeet big, Ey Doc ?
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

My town's police force is what I have heard to be the highest paid in the state. They're getting new cars, all new computers, and basically everything a big city needs even though we're small. Our newest car is a Chevy Tahoe that is pretty cool, but all the current cars are getting rid of the big lights on top for 2" high LED's which are a pain in the ass to see from the distance. It would not surprise me at all to see our force to get new cars like the ones in this thread to keep up with looking nice for our community. Hell our post office even has nice cars for alot of the neighborhoods here in my town.

The state police in the Louisville area cruise around in unmarked Camaros so if you're there watch out!
            Tanner Johnson - Owner
            twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              Given your typical NYC traffic, just where exactly could this car ever achieve it's top speed ? Not that the cars don't look good, but I don't see much use in the extra speed.
              LOL that is what I thought, too! What they need is a lifted 4x4 so they can just get over traffic to get to the scene faster...or personal helicopters....

________
              Mflb vaporizer

Comment

Re:

Recently, the Oklahoma City PD announced that they would be getting these same cars as well pretty soon. Out here though, there are a few car chases from time to time, so they do need those and then again, wide open spaces mean they could easily gun that machine down rural highways (albeit all chases are dangerous anyway).

Foxtrot

Comment

Denver has 3, I believe...
                  ________
                  Vapor genie

Comment

All we need now is those to come accross to Sydney and get these hoons of the street..........
                    Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Just saw this sitting outside my dorm window so I grabbed the camera and headed out. Must be brand new as of today, never seen it before.

EDIT : Just noticed under the titles, that the car was donated...not bad.

Tanner Johnson - Owner
                      twenty53 Photography

Comment

Damn, why don't our German police forces ever get a donation like that ...

Comment

In terms of aesthetics and probably performences, the Chargers are a great leap forward from both the LTD and Impala.
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                          X