Tattoos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos!

I just was wondering what everyones views on tats were. Last week myself and a couple other pilots were having a lively debate on the subject. Basically the question was does having them make you less professnional than someone who doesn't have them? I personally have 5 of them and I don't think I'm any less professnional than anyone else. Anyone have any opinions on this?
    No-Only Bikers and Jailbirds get them.
    0%
    Yes-Doesn't matter what's on a person's skin as long as they conduct themshevles properly.
    0%
    Undecided
    0%

Are we talking about virtual tattoos here ?

Comment

Originally posted by PHLY Girl
      Are we talking about virtual tattoos here ?

Nope.....I actually have 5 tattoos.

Comment

I don't think the look matters about profesionalism, is like saying the people that think that men with long hair are dumb or stuff, it's got nothing to do (at least for me)

Comment

As flight crew we are not allowed tatoos in our company. Having said that, there are a couple of people with them, but they are pretty well hidden.

Tatoos may give passengers a bad image. The fact this topic is posted here means that not 100% of people don't mind tatoos. In fact the poll is currently showing over 50% against tattoos, and although I don't believe that it makes the person any less professional, there is a lot of image at stake here when you are talking about pilots with a major international airline, and for those airlines, image is everything.
          Have a look at my photos, including Kai Tak crazy landings!http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=460

Comment

Tattoo are look dumb!

Comment

Tatoos are cool. I actually want one of a Southwest logo

Comment

I just had a tattoo done recently however I made sure where I got it was somewhere that could not be seen whilst wearing a business suit.

Our company doesn't have a strict policy on the issue - but we are to dress conservatively in case clients come in.

I'm an International Equities Trader.

Cheers,

mb
                Toy Box Day Party Went Off

Pictures soon at:

www.danceruby.com.au

Comment

Tattoos are fine as long as they can be hidden. You're more than likely not going to get a professional job if you got them on your neck, face (Yeah you Tyson!) or hands (pretty much places you can't cover up. Now if your work uniform doesn't cover them up, you may be subject to being judged unfairly by a customer, a coworker, or boss. Even though tattoos have less of the rebel image they used to have, not everybody feels that tattoos are cool. Myself, I have no problem with them, in moderation; now someone whose got both arms covered in them, and who knows where else, to me that's a little bit too much.

Comment

I have no problems with tattoos and personally feel that having them, visible or not, does not make a person any less professional - although I can understand that would influence some peoples opinions. It took me almost 10 years to get my tattoo - I knew it would be something that I would carry with me for the rest of my life and being a huge Mickey Mouse and Elvis fan I wanted a combination of the two so I decided on a Mickey Mouse wearing an Elvis jumpsuit, after 10yrs I found the perfect picture one day while at Graceland...LOL...my mother always said hanging out in Whitehaven would get me in trouble one day...I plan to get another too, but just like my current one it will be easily hidden...here is a pic of mine...

Wayne
                    HOU

Comment

Working...
                    X