Create your own airline (Imagination)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Contratry to internet believe, commonality isn't everything. Sure it is always nice to have a simple fleet, but there are always instances where you might be in the need for a plane from another manufacturer, either because yours doesn't have the plane you desire at all, or because it can't be delivered fast enough.

You are a current 73G operator, and more than happy with your performance. You need more capacity, but Boeing doesn't have delivery slots available as soon as you want, and due to the huge demand, they have also increased prices a bit. So in comes Airbus, with the delivery slots you want, at rock-bottom prices, albeit with a slightly worse fuel burn. Seriously, would you ignore that offer because you already have 150 73Gs in your fleet? Hells no, you would take up Airbus' offer asap, and decide its more efficient to now operate 150 A319s alongside those 73Gs, than waiting for additional 73Gs later.
    Ever heard of leasing? You planes cant come fast enough, so lease the damn buggers from GECAS or ILFC. Or, be smart, and order ahead. If you wanted 150 737-700's and Boeing couldnt bring it to you fast enough and Airbus comes in and offers it, it wouldnt make sense to economically operate both at the same time. Your pissing money away.

Uhh, the A319 burns less than the 737-700. If I could get onto the Transport Canada site for Type Data Cirtificates, I could show. But all I have is figures from both Airbus and Boeing.

The A319 has a 6800km range. The 737-700 has a range of 6230km. So the A319 flys farther, plus keep in mind all these figures are done with the tanks full of fuel. Now for the fun part... ehheheeh

The A319 holds 23,860L (Liters) of fuel. The 737-700 holds 26,020L of fuel. We know the A319 flys farther, but we now know the A319 flys farther for less. Whos more efficent? Clearly the A319.

Just commonality-wise, yes, but there are other factors that can prove your thesis to be the exact opposite, for example employee costs.
    WTF is Employee costs? Thats all coverd under something called "Operating Costs".

That was only the first time they sold their A320s. SAA is more a case of very bad management. Eons ago, they decided on the A320 as a 732 replacement. In the end, those two operated side-by-side. So management thought "We're keeping the 732s anyway, might as well operate 738s then instead of A320s". So they bought 738s and sold the A320s. But before all 738s could even arrive, a new management came, and with it the thought that previous management agreed to a too high price with Boeing on the 737, so new management decided to get SAA in a cheaper deal from Airbus, so that all A320s would be used to replace the 738s. But here we are, with slight management changes again, and now have A320s operating alongside 738s and A319s alongside 732s.
    Still, thats what im prooving.

As said before, once a fleet reaches a certain size, commonality becomes less of an issue.
    If thats not the most Armchair comment ive heard eheheh

Oh? And how many planes does it take to reach this? 2? Obviously commonality is an issue thru-out the entire fleet no matter the size. Commonality is an issue with Operating Costs, and Operating Costs are effected once you order that particular aircraft.

Again, you'll need the mechanics anyway. Besides, if your airline where to do maintenance for other airlines, it increases business opportunities when you can fix both bestsellers.
    Yeah, well obviously. Say you have a fleet of both types. You have 45 mechs for the A320 and 45 for the 737. The mechs on the A320 an also be multi-rated to fix the A330, and possibly the A340. Thus, cheeper in the long run. But the 45 737 mechs cant, cause Boeing has a hard time beliving in commonality, and there is maybe one similarity between the 737 and the rest of the Boeing fleet.

My argument was Colin, that the airlines mentioned by cx777 only operated a small number of one and a large number of the other. I went to show that these airlines indeed did or do operate a small, small, number of one.
    -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
      My argument was Colin, that the airlines mentioned by cx777 only operated a small number of one and a large number of the other. I went to show that these airlines indeed did or do operate a small, small, number of one.
      Still, they operate both A32Xs and B737NGs... Point proven.. I dont care if we dont convince you.. In fact, we werent trying to convince you in the first place.. We were just answering your "QUESTIONS".. All we did is prove our point that some airlines DO operate both A32Xs and B737NGs.. Alright?

PEACE!!
      -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
      EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
      NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
      NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
      NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
      NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

And NO, Im not trying to be a mod, Tanuj, if thats what you think! Its puking hijackd

Alright. Please kill it now.. Lets continue with this thread. Its getting to realistic. Use your "Imagination" Thats was the purpose about this thread in the first place. Otherwise we would be defying the facts. Who cares about what types and commonality you think would operate better in the real world. Who cares ? I dont Puking care, its just an imaginational airline. Jebus !

Come fly with me, lets fly.... lets fly away
        If you can use some exotic booze
        Lets forget this stuff coz theres a bar in far bombay,
        Come fly with me, lets fly lets fly away............:

Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-08-25, 18:32.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

First, please drop ur and u, this isnt MSN or AIM.

Heres the hard and fast rule of airline fleet managment. Commonality. Having planes that are similar and common aswell as common engine types (such as majority GE, RR or PW) will substainitally lower operating costs. Simply put, it is cheeper to operate a A320 and A330 family fleet than a 737NG and 767 family fleet.

Third, many airlines that operate these fleets of both is because of one of two contributing factors.

A)Merger

B)Lease/passdown

Here is the number of aircraft in each of the airlines fleets you mentioned.

Air Berlin - has around 6 to 7 times more 737NG's than that of the A320 family, I belive the A320 family came in because of a merger.

Hainan Airlines - They only operate 9 319's compared to the 36 737's

Lauda Air - NG only operates 2 A320's, and they were passed down or leased by Austrian

Shenzen Air - Cant find the info

China Eastern Airlines - With this airline, I dont know WTF is going on, there whole fleet is facked up.

Oman Air - This airline does not operate A320's, they did and they were on lease contract.

SAS - They operate a very small number (9) of the A320 family

Pegasus Airlines - Their 320's were on lease too

Air China - Also their 320's on lease as well

South African Airways - All of there A320's were sold to TAM in 2000 and 2001. Plus they only operate 11 319's.

Air Astana - No info

Livingston - They only operate one 738

Lufthansa
          - There 737's are slowly being replaced by 320's and 319's. They operate one 737-700 but its a BBJ, and its Privatair

China Southern Airlines
          - Once again, there fleet is irratic

Royal Air Maroc - They operate 2 A321's

All Nippon Airways - They operate a small number of 737's (like 10)

Turkish Airlines - No info

See, most airlines that operate both (excluding China) have more of one, and less of the other. If they do operate both, Its like I said, either because of a merger or a lease.

Happy?

Im going to be blunt, it is a bad move. Why? Money. Would you like to piss away money at having a PC and a Mac? Having to train people in your family on both, having people who will opnly use mac and only use PC, having to buy programs for both, having to have two different people fix it. Thats not smart, a lot of money and time wasted when you could just have one.

Heres why having a totally common fleet is better than having an "irratic" (or in this case both the 737 and A320 in your fleet). Having just the A320 family or just the 737 family means...

A)Possibly the most important thing: Multi-rate the pilots so they can fly the A319 and A320 or 737-700 and 737-800 (depending on fleet choice). You cant train pilots on both aircraft and have them show up to fly the A320 one day and the 737 the next.

B)Crew shifting: Oh? I cant send Bob and Dave to do that route cause they fly the 737 and not the A320, guess we have a problem! Easier to shift crews around if you only operate one family of aircraft.

C)Operating costs: more expensive to train pilots on both instead of one.

D)Maintenance: Cost more to have mechanics on both types instead of just one.

Plus there is probably a helluva lot more reasons. It just boggles my mind why people think having both in the fleet is "ok". It DOESNT MAKE SENSE!

If you want to "cater" to the needs of an airline, then just buy up the entire family of one aircraft. There you go. Problem solved. But what if you want an all Y class and then another that is Y and J? Well than configure a few of them to that. Dont buy both planes and congire one to all pax and the rest to both classes. Not Smart, costly.

I could go on and on about this crap. Simply pick one, and fly it.
          Kev, just drop it, dont make a prick of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by cx777
            Still, they operate both A32Xs and B737NGs... Point proven.. I dont care if we dont convince you.. In fact, we werent trying to convince you in the first place.. We were just answering your "QUESTIONS".. All we did is prove our point that some airlines DO operate both A32Xs and B737NGs.. Alright?

PEACE!!
            I asked to show me airlines that operate large amounts of both. You failed, cause the China ones dont count due to Polotics.

Pfffft, Armchair CEO's, JP is full of them...

Siiiiii PEACE!
            -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
              @ NWA 757 351.

I like you imagination. What made you prefer the IAEV2500 powered types ?

Looks good to me. Nice domestic airline.
              Hey there MaxPower, thanks for the "thumb-up", maybe I'll make a good airline CEO after all....

I chose the IAE equipped models over the CFM series mainly due to the fact that they are more of a newer technology turbine over the CFM56's. I also like the way that IAE has developed the engine encorporating features from both P&W, as well as Rolls-Royce turbines as well to make a high quality powerplant.

Also, in a non-technical factor, having flown on IAE powered A320 family acft more often than CFM56 models, I'm sort of biased admittedly.

Comment

I asked to show me airlines that operate large amounts of both. You failed, cause the China ones dont count due to Polotics.

Pfffft, Armchair CEO's, JP is full of them...
                And of course you're sooo much better, right? Really, if we are not worthy of your big ego, go take it somewhere else where people actually believe to be the "Mr Aviation" you pretend to be.

Comment

Originally posted by NWA 757 351
                  Hey there MaxPower, thanks for the "thumb-up", maybe I'll make a good airline CEO after all....

I chose the IAE equipped models over the CFM series mainly due to the fact that they are more of a newer technology turbine over the CFM56's. I also like the way that IAE has developed the engine encorporating features from both P&W, as well as Rolls-Royce turbines as well to make a high quality powerplant.

Also, in a non-technical factor, having flown on IAE powered A320 family acft more often than CFM56 models, I'm sort of biased admittedly.
                  Hello NWA. Sounds promising enough.

The facts done said, let me also add that not only they gathered these features not of PW and RR, JAEC (Japanese Aero Engines Corporation
                  ) for their Fan and LP compressors and MTU Aero Engines
                  for their LP turbines. All in all done in partnership with these four manufacturers.

Btw again good assesment by you.

Comment

And of course you're sooo much better, right? Really, if we are not worthy of your big ego, go take it somewhere else where people actually believe to be the "Mr Aviation" you pretend to be.
                    -Kevin

Comment

First, please drop ur and u, this isnt MSN or AIM.

Heres the hard and fast rule of airline fleet managment. Commonality. Having planes that are similar and common aswell as common engine types (such as majority GE, RR or PW) will substainitally lower operating costs. Simply put, it is cheeper to operate a A320 and A330 family fleet than a 737NG and 767 family fleet.

Third, many airlines that operate these fleets of both is because of one of two contributing factors.

A)Merger

B)Lease/passdown

Here is the number of aircraft in each of the airlines fleets you mentioned.

Air Berlin - has around 6 to 7 times more 737NG's than that of the A320 family, I belive the A320 family came in because of a merger.

Hainan Airlines - They only operate 9 319's compared to the 36 737's

Lauda Air - NG only operates 2 A320's, and they were passed down or leased by Austrian

Shenzen Air - Cant find the info

China Eastern Airlines - With this airline, I dont know WTF is going on, there whole fleet is facked up.

Oman Air - This airline does not operate A320's, they did and they were on lease contract.

SAS - They operate a very small number (9) of the A320 family

Pegasus Airlines - Their 320's were on lease too

Air China - Also their 320's on lease as well

South African Airways - All of there A320's were sold to TAM in 2000 and 2001. Plus they only operate 11 319's.

Air Astana - No info

Livingston - They only operate one 738

Lufthansa
                      - There 737's are slowly being replaced by 320's and 319's. They operate one 737-700 but its a BBJ, and its Privatair

China Southern Airlines
                      - Once again, there fleet is irratic

Royal Air Maroc - They operate 2 A321's

All Nippon Airways - They operate a small number of 737's (like 10)

Turkish Airlines - No info

See, most airlines that operate both (excluding China) have more of one, and less of the other. If they do operate both, Its like I said, either because of a merger or a lease.

Happy?

Im going to be blunt, it is a bad move. Why? Money. Would you like to piss away money at having a PC and a Mac? Having to train people in your family on both, having people who will opnly use mac and only use PC, having to buy programs for both, having to have two different people fix it. Thats not smart, a lot of money and time wasted when you could just have one.

Heres why having a totally common fleet is better than having an "irratic" (or in this case both the 737 and A320 in your fleet). Having just the A320 family or just the 737 family means...

A)Possibly the most important thing: Multi-rate the pilots so they can fly the A319 and A320 or 737-700 and 737-800 (depending on fleet choice). You cant train pilots on both aircraft and have them show up to fly the A320 one day and the 737 the next.

B)Crew shifting: Oh? I cant send Bob and Dave to do that route cause they fly the 737 and not the A320, guess we have a problem! Easier to shift crews around if you only operate one family of aircraft.

C)Operating costs: more expensive to train pilots on both instead of one.

D)Maintenance: Cost more to have mechanics on both types instead of just one.

Plus there is probably a helluva lot more reasons. It just boggles my mind why people think having both in the fleet is "ok". It DOESNT MAKE SENSE!

If you want to "cater" to the needs of an airline, then just buy up the entire family of one aircraft. There you go. Problem solved. But what if you want an all Y class and then another that is Y and J? Well than configure a few of them to that. Dont buy both planes and congire one to all pax and the rest to both classes. Not Smart, costly.

I could go on and on about this crap. Simply pick one, and fly it.
                      you can begin picking on people's posting habits when you stop trying to sound tough by dropping the F bomb every 2nd post...this is not high school.

cheers to that. What's happened Kevin? You used to be a pretty respectable member of this forum, but lately you've changed into an arrogant "know it all". Its great that you have access to all kinds of books, and I'm definately not against sharing knowledge on this forum as that is really the point. But when you do it in an arrogant manner and act like because someone doesn't know the tire pressure of an A320's nosewheel they're clueless actually makes you look like the idiot.

And here's my airline

Emu International Airlines

Based: Tokyo Narita

Focus Cities: Inter Asia and Long Haul Routes, will partner with some other airline to get more passengers into NRT for connecting flights

Fleet
                      777-200LR
                      747-800

Target Market/Business Plan
                      Since it would be based in Asia, business travelers would be a majority of our business. Because of this the airline will be a luxury airline somewhat like Virgin Atlantic, but instead of bright colors and catering "fun" (like southwest) the airline would strive to be a quiet kind of luxury where if the passenger needs something and requests it, the crew will bend over backwards to make it happen, but in flight, the passenger will be left alone. Like some airlines, you will be able to get your meal whenever you wish, and it will be ordered through a touch screen located at your seat. You will also be able to request other things through this system such as blankets, drinks, headsets, etc.

Oh, and all the f/as will be extremely hot.

Comment

Anybody who spends all of their time arguing over Airbus/Boeing needs to seriously get laid.
                        On second thought, they don't need to be taking up all the hot girls, so they just need lives.

Comment

CHEAP ASS AIR

Scedule:
                          KLOT-KSFB 3x daily

Fleet
                          767-400

Hub:
                          KLOT

all coach with only enough legroom to withstand the 2 hour flight to florida... 1 carry on is allowed as the extra weight from check in baggage wuld make the plane weigh to much and not be able to get off the 5500 ft runway at KLOT... with an all coach config my 767-400 will hold roughly 400 people.. There will be no assigned seats... no window shades, tray tables, seat back pocket, no meals, no snacks, no drinks, no IFE, cheap felt seats. There is also a 250 pound or under weight limit.....if you are over you will be asked to buy one whole aisle of seats...ad charged an extra carry-on fee for your gut.. Flight attendents will only be available in case of emergency and will likely sit in the jumpseats the whole flight... tickets will sell for around $50 dollars one way. look at the FAQ below

Q What if I miss my flight?
                          A tough shit buy another ticket...

Q Can I check my bags?
                          A No unless u enjoy fire and metal debris

Q How come your airline is so cheap?
                          A You are paying $50 dollars to fly to florida you cheap ass

Q Im overweight and dont appreciatte ur descrimination towards fat people..
                          A Lay off the mcdonalds and get a bowflex u fatass and then u can fly on our airline once ur left butt cheek fits in one of our seats atleast.

Q After purchasing a ticket can i cancel and receive my money back..
                          A we can only return 5% of ur purchase...we need money to stay around

Q how come you dont have window shades???
                          A how come u dont have enough money to fly on a real airline?

Comment

Edward stop stealing Southwest's ideas!!!

I kid of course.

Comment

Back to reality now.. There has been a merger.. Philippine Airways and Philippine Pacific have now become one airline, Philippine Pacific Airways.. With A fleet of 297 planes.. they will still be flying on the same destinations as when they were 2 different airlines.. It is now the official Flag-Carrier of the Philippines...

Hey.. This is fun.. Acting like CEO's and stuff

I'll be going back to my corner now
                              -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
                              EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                              NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                              NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                              NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                              NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

The Merged airline...Philippine Pacific Airways

Originally posted by cx777
                                Back to imagination now.. There has been a merger.. Philippine Airways and Philippine Pacific have now become one airline, Philippine Pacific Airways.. With A fleet of 297 planes.. they will still be flying on the same destinations as when they were 2 different airlines.. It is now the official Flag-Carrier of the Philippines... Hey.. This is fun.. Acting like CEO's and stuff
                                MY Airline Name:
                                Philippine Pacific Airways

Airline Story:
                                Philippine Pacific was created after when Philippine airlines were bancrupted in 2005. 7 months after passing by till this new airline got launched in Midsummer 2006 and and in the mean-time another airline were created after it bought Air Pilippines due to Air Philippines to survive, these two airline were competing with each other, Philippine Pacific offered to buy Philippine Airways, the deal were accepted and they finally merged together into one big airline. Its domestic and longhaul destinations had also merged but
                                the airline will still operate like two airlines just like AF-KLM style.

Airline Description:
                                -A new airline which started operation July 2006.. It bought Air Philippines and retained the old color scheme but made some modifications..
                                Its aircraft operate 93 international and 36 domestic destinations..As one of the most modern and newest airline, it offers wireless broadbandaccess onboard long haul aircrafts.
                                You can surf on the internet, check your email, and access your company's intranet. We have dedicated lounges all over our network, from Taipei to Zurich to LAX. Our airline offers AVOD on all classes..

Our total Staff :

Current Fleet:
                                8 Q400's
                                14 EMB-175s
                                19 B737-7F6's
                                7 B737-8F6's
                                11 A319-111's
                                8 A320-214's
                                13 A321's
                                8 B767-300ER's
                                14 A330-343X's
                                13 A340-343x's
                                17 A340-600HGW's
                                33 B777-2F6ER's
                                10 B777-2F6LR's
                                11 B777-300's
                                26 B777-3F6ER
                                26 B747-400's
                                19 A300F's
                                10 MD-11F's
                                27 B747-4F6ERF/SCD's

Upcoming Aircrafts for my Fleet:

37 X B747-8's(on order) to replace the current 11 773's and 26 744's
                                21 X B787-8's(on order) to replace the current 12 A321's and 8 B763ER's
                                10 X EMB175's(on order) to replace the current 4 EMB 145 and 6 EMB 170's
                                6 X B787-8's (on order)
                                6 X B787-9's (on order)

Main Hubs:
                                Clark International Airport - CRK
                                Cebu/Mactan International Airport - CEB
                                Davao Francisco Bangoy Int'l - DVO

Hubs:

Manila Ninoy Aquino Int'l Airport - MNL
                                HKG – Chep Lap Kok International - CLK
                                SFO – San Francisco International - SFO

Freighter Main Hubs:
                                Clark International Airport - CRK
                                Subic Bay International Airport - SFS

Freighter Hubs:
                                Memphis International Airport - MEM
                                Dubai International Airport - DXB

Domestic Destinations:

Bacolod, Baguio, Basco, Butuan, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Cotabato, Cauayan, Davao, Dipolog, Dumaguete, Gen Santos, Gasan, General Santos, Iligan, Iloilo, Laoag, Legaspi, Naga, Pagadian, Puerto Princesa, San Jose(Mindoro), Tagbilaran, Virac Kalibo, Manila, Subic Bay, Lapu-Lapu, Surigao, Tacloban, Tambler, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga.
                                (Served with Q400's, EMB-175s, B737NG's, A319's, A320's, A321's)

International Destinations:

Europe:
                                Rome, Copenhagen, Milan, Madrid, Glascow, Barcelona, Vienna, Budapest, Paris-CDG, Manchester, Dublin, London-Heathrow, Stockholm, Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg, Luxemborg, Amsterdam, Istanbul, Ankara, Sofia, Venice, Prague, Athens, Malta & Algiers, Warsaw, Strasbourg, Helsinki, Zurich
                                (Served with 777-200ER's,A340-343X's 777-300's,B777-3F6ER's, 747-400's, A340-60HGW's)

Middle East:
                                Amman, Abu Dhabi, Beirut, Dubai, Cairo, Damascus, Jeddah, Riyadh, Tehran, Dammam, Doha, Kuwait & Muscat.
                                (served with 777-200ER's and A340-343X's)

Indian Subcontinent:

Bombay, Karachi & Delhi.
                                (Served by 777-300's, A340-60HGW's and 747-400's)

Oceania:
                                Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington
                                (Served with A330-30X's and A340-343X's)

Asia:
                                Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Xiamen, Shenzen, Guangzhou, Macau, Seoul-Incheon, Busan, Okinawa-Naha, Osaka-Kansai, Tokyo-Narita, Nagoya-Chubu, Fukuoka, Taipei, Kaohsiung, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Jakarta, Bali, Bangkok, Phuket, Hanoi, Ho Chi Min City, Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Bombay, Lahore, Colombo, Male
                                (Served with B767-3F6's, B777-2F6ER's & A340-343X's)

Africa:
                                Accra, Cairo, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Casablanca, Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar & Tunis, Seychelles, Dar Es Salaam
                                (Served with B777-2F6ER's, A330-343X's and A340-343X's)

Russia:
                                Moscow, St. Petersburg, Vladiostok
                                (Served with B777-2F6ER's and A340-343X's)

North America:
                                Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Las Vegas, Chicago-O’Hare, Newark, New York-JFK, Washington-Dulles, Toronto, Montreal, San Jose, Atlanta, Dallas Fort Worth, Memphis, Vancouver, Toronto
                                (Served with B777-200LR's and B777-3F6ER's)

Central America and South America:
                                Mexico City, Cancun, Rio De Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Lima & Bogota.
                                (Served with B747-400's & A340-60HGW's, B777-3F6ER's )

Our acft products is like on EK's aircrafts. Same Interior provider !

First Class F-Seats

[photoid=545729]

Business Class C-Seats

[photoid=5700015]

Economy Y-Seats

[photoid=5735013]

Lounges Worldwide

Hong Kong

Los Angeles

Copenhagen

Zurich

The new livery will be uploaded soon.

Ps. Kevin, Check out our different types for domestic routes. Dont you just love it ?
                                Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-08-26, 14:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X