Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally Offtopic. Need help to get trough the backdoor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Offtopic. Need help to get trough the backdoor.

Windows XP is my operating system.

One day I opened my computer, and it said there's only the All Users folder were there, The Guest account still exist, but when I tried to open administrator account, I cant access it, it said it doesnt exist. but when I you look at it (photo) it is there, but I just can't open it.

All my stuff is in this admintrator account.

I have tried several restore points, but the account is still there, like it shows in the photo, but I just can't access it.

The only one active account right now is the John Solis - admin. I had to create this after I lost access to the adminstrator account. I wonder why it "deleted" my access to it, it shouldnt be possible, right ?

If any of you guys knows a little bit on what to do about this, please let me know. This is a bummer cause I have thousands of family photos under it, you might wonder why i cant access it via all users ? Thats because I have deactivated it from the adminstrator account that nobody can access it. Foolish me, I know. Anyway if you know a backdor on how to access it, please let me know. Many thanks in advance.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Problem solved by myself.

I just want to share the solution for this problem, if you guys oneday will experience this kind of issues too.

I solved the problem by doing this.

How to take ownership of a folder
    Note You must be logged on to the computer with an account that has administrative credentials. If you are running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you must start the computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account that has Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab.

If you are using Windows XP Professional, you must disable Simple File Sharing. By default, Windows XP Professional uses Simple File sharing when it is not joined to a domain.

For additional information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    307874 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307874/) How to disable simplified sharing and set permissions on a shared folder in Windows XP

To take ownership of a folder, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
    2. Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message (if one appears).
    3. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
    4. In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group. If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    5. Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
    You do not have permission to read the contents of directory folder name. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control?

All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes.
    Note folder name is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of.
    6. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and its contents.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

Comment

When I glanced at the title I thought this was gonna be about you trying to convince your girlfriend to let you try... Oh nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
        When I glanced at the title I thought this was gonna be about you trying to convince your girlfriend to let you try... Oh nevermind.
        you're not the only perv on here

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
          you're not the only perv on here
          I'll second that

Comment

Come on you guys... As if I'd share that issue with you .............

PM ME........

Comment

Originally posted by magic48
              I'll second that
              I'll uhhhh, 'third' that

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                I'll uhhhh, 'third' that
                Then may I fourth that?
                You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by ASpilot2be
                  Then may I fourth that?
                  I plead the fifth!!!

Andy

Comment

Andy pleads the fizzifth.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD

Andy pleads the fizzifth.
                      hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by exmanx
                        I plead the fifth!!!
                        Actually I was wondering if he was going to broaden his horizons beyond ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                          Actually I was wondering if he was going to broaden his horizons beyond ladies.
                          LOL!

Comment

Who? me?

Comment

Originally posted by exmanx
                              Who? me?

Comment

Working...
                              X