dubya duz it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dubya duz it

476 billion$ annual deficit this year, and its estimated that at 2008 the annual deficit will still be at 226bil.
    that means that bush actually managed to make a 476bil deficit this year and will make a similar amount every year that is slowly reclining to 226bil 2008. man his fathers carlyle group must make a fortune considering most of those dollars go towards defense, where george bush sr+bin laden clans(yes believe it or not) carlyle group is a major investor.
    talk about a homemade cashcow on the back of the american people.
    i feel with you guys and hope you manage to elect someone else next year
    aviation chat on irc: #flightsimulation@quakenet

Bush has done a great job. It is very likely that he will get re-elected in 2004, his approval ratings are still fairly high, and most Americans supported him on the Iraq war.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

He's a fine person but as a politician he is not so great.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
        He's a fine person but as a politician he is not so great.

from the 13 year old Politcal Science major!...

Who would be your choice Greg?

Comment

And zak ou care because? As an american citizen, I find it rude when people from other countries butt into our politics and make remarks and critisize something that has absolutle nothing to do with them.
          I'm not a Bush lover, but I don't hate the man to death either. We have enough high quality political debate going on inside our oun country to not have to listen to idiots that don't live here, don't know what the hell they are talking about, yet feel it is their duty to tell us what they think about a system that doesn't concern them.
          To be blunt, I wish you would shut up and mind your own business.

-Clovis

Comment

CLOVIS FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

Comment

To quote Hillary Rodham Clinton:

"Bush was selected, not elected."

I'm not looking to reignite the debate on the validity of the Florida results (All I'll say is that it does look suspicious that it was Florida that had the major problems,and whose governor, Jeb Bush, is the brother of the Republican candidate) even though some people still think that Bush stole the election. George W. Bush looks to have gotten our troops into another Vietnam, this time instead of fighting Communism, we're fighting Terrorism. The newscasts are beginning to remind me of the news reports during Vietnam (Even though I was born after the US troops left Vietnam, I've seen lots of the footage watching various programs on Vietnam). Dubya was not very popular up till 9/10/01; after the events of 9/11, his approval rating shot up dramatically, which in a way leads some to wonder if he allowed it to happen in order to unite a nation that was divided over the recent Presidental election. His plans to jumpstart the economy were very ill-concieved; the first tax rebate he issued was supposed to send people out into the stores to buy stuff, instead, people used it to pay off bills. Essentially, that tax cut was used to pay down debt, not stimulate the economy. With the occupation of Iraq costing a billion dollars a week, something's got to give. We can't afford to stay in Iraq without seriously running up the national debt.

Comment

I read i the LA times that his approuval rating is down to around 55% overall.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
                  To quote Hillary Rodham Clinton:

"Bush was selected, not elected."

I'm not looking to reignite the debate on the validity of the Florida results (All I'll say is that it does look suspicious that it was Florida that had the major problems,and whose governor, Jeb Bush, is the brother of the Republican candidate) even though some people still think that Bush stole the election. George W. Bush looks to have gotten our troops into another Vietnam, this time instead of fighting Communism, we're fighting Terrorism. The newscasts are beginning to remind me of the news reports during Vietnam (Even though I was born after the US troops left Vietnam, I've seen lots of the footage watching various programs on Vietnam). Dubya was not very popular up till 9/10/01; after the events of 9/11, his approval rating shot up dramatically, which in a way leads some to wonder if he allowed it to happen in order to unite a nation that was divided over the recent Presidental election. His plans to jumpstart the economy were very ill-concieved; the first tax rebate he issued was supposed to send people out into the stores to buy stuff, instead, people used it to pay off bills. Essentially, that tax cut was used to pay down debt, not stimulate the economy. the occupation of Iraq costing a billion dollars a week, something's got to giveWith . We can't afford to stay in Iraq without seriously running up the national debt.
                  First of all, quoting Hillary makes me want to puke. She makes me ashamed to be from NY.
                  Second, we are not in another Vietnam. in Vietnam, we lost more than 50,000 people. In Iraq, about 200. We went to Iraq to protect ourselves, not to stop communism from spreading.
                  About his approval rating dropping- That is to be expected, since approval ratings have a history of going down after wartime. Wartime ratings cannot be expected to stay that high even after the war is over!
                  Also, I don't want to hear any of this, "Bush stole the election," whining from people. He won fair and square. As a matter of face, a number of TV stations conducted their own recounts and found that Bush won, also.
                  The tax cut is great, if people have more money, they will spend more money (usually). About lower income people not getting their "Child Tax Refund," they don't deserve it. They don't even pay taxes in the first place! How can you get a refund for something you haven't paid for.
                  Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

our politics and make remarks and critisize something that has absolutle nothing to do with them.
                    The problem is that we do have a lot to do with US politics, we may not have a right to choose who is elected (and rightfully so), but we do have a lot to do with it.

When the US government (whether that is Bush jr, Clinton, Bush sr......) decides on something we in Europe and the rest of the world are going to notice it.

If the debt is increased in the US, then the value of the Dollar is likely to go down. This directly impacts the worlds economy. If the US decides to invade a country (whether that is Iraq, Joegoslavia, Vietnam) then we are going to have repercussions as well, etc.

Also, why are we not allowed to criticise US policy, but is the US perfectly allowed to criticise and influence the policy of other countries. Just some recent examples include Belgium (war crimes court), France (where shall I start), the EU in general (subsidies), etc.

Some of the interventions the US made were absolutly right, some of there were downright stupid (I won't say which decisions were right and which weren't, I am not the one to start a mud-slinging contest).
                    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije
                      our politics and make remarks and critisize something that has absolutle nothing to do with them.

Also, why are we not allowed to criticise US policy, but is the US perfectly allowed to criticise and influence the policy of other countries. Just some recent examples include Belgium (war crimes court), France (where shall I start), the EU in general (subsidies), etc.

He's got a point here...

Comment

I'm sorry, but thats on a diplomatic level. You don't see Americans in this board going on about Belgian or French politics. Its not our business. Its good to be informed about such issues, but I dont understand how somebody who has never lived here can make comments about our internal problems and believe he or she has a valid opinion. You don't live here, you don't read our newspapers (maybe some get the NYtimes over there), and you dont know half of what's going on here... so in m opinion you just arent in a position to openly critisize.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                          And zak ou care because? As an american citizen, I find it rude when people from other countries butt into our politics and make remarks and critisize something that has absolutle nothing to do with them.
                          I'm not a Bush lover, but I don't hate the man to death either. We have enough high quality political debate going on inside our oun country to not have to listen to idiots that don't live here, don't know what the hell they are talking about, yet feel it is their duty to tell us what they think about a system that doesn't concern them.

-Clovis

I'll have to agree 100% there. Oh and I'll be voting to re-elect Bush.

I found it highly funny when people were saying "No one in Iraq welcomes us! They hate the US and they won't like us going over there!!"

Yet all over the TV screens were Iraqi's hugging and kissing US troops, and every letter we got from my brother who was in Iraq mentioned something about people offering food, people giving them money, people cheering as they drove by, etc.

Sure, not 100% of them love the US and I'm sure they want us out of there so they can start again but I still think the majority is very grateful for what we did.
                          "You can run but you'll die tired."
                          Semper Fidelis
                          United States Marine Corp !

Comment

from the 13 year old Politcal Science major!...

Who would be your choice Greg?
                            So I'm not allowed to have an opinion because you think I shouldn't?

Wonderful logic Jeff, I should also pull my pictures here because somebody else got a picture accepted.

I am so happy that you can make decisions for me. Bravo Jeff you can go and make everyone's political choices because you know everything.

Of course what do you tell your buddies. "I can make smart ass remarks to 16 year olds". Great life Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86

-Clovis
                              Because the US would NEVER presume to tell other countries how to conduct their business...yeah right.
                              I walked across an empty land
                              I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                              I felt the earth beneath my feet
                              Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Working...
                              X