No announcement yet.

dubya duz it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kind of tripe I would expect on Airliners.net. Amazing the large crowd of Bush haters over there hasn’t started a thread on it. I guess their leader must be asleep since they haven't posted it yet.

So here we have non-Americans and arm chair politicians commenting on something they probably know very little about. The vast majority is related to the war on terrorism which is something few could have imagined just a few years ago. The economy is coming out of the recession that started in 1999 when the Dot Com bubble burst. Finally Congress can’t seem to control themselves as of late with spending. Just remember, the President doesn’t make fiscal policy. All he can do is ask Congress to appropriate the money for whatever project or program he wants to fund.

Comment

I find it rude when people from other countries butt into our politics and make remarks and critisize something that has absolutle nothing to do with them.
      Yeah, the citizens of Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Belgium, Australia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Cuba, Liberia, Somalia, former Yugoslavia, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Colombia, South Africa, etc. couldn't agree more. Those bloody Americans just keep butting into other peoples' politics.

C'mon - we're the most powerful country in the world (and I'm talking of my adopted country). If we attain that status, of course the rest of the world are going to look at our politics closely. And they are entitled to, especially when U.S. domestic policy has such wide ramifications on the world economy and even world and regional peace and security.

Now, speaking with my Australia hat on, I find it particularly rude that the U.S. Ambassador to Australia, Tom Scheiffer, a former baseball team owner and friend of GW is constantly involving himself in Australian politics. Only last month he spoke at a party fundraiser for one of the Australian government ministers. Yes, I think I would include that as butting in where his nose don't belong.

Pot.
      Kettle.
      Black.
      AIRIGAMI.NET
      http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Boeing752R
        Yet all over the TV screens were Iraqi's hugging and kissing US troops, and every letter we got from my brother who was in Iraq mentioned something about people offering food, people giving them money, people cheering as they drove by, etc.
        So you really think CNN is going to be putting out the scenes of Anti - invasion demonstrations and the like? How naiive ARE you? I watched much of the CNN coverage and found it jingoistic and one sided. The only time any of the other coalition forces were mentioned was when they died. If Iraq loves the occupation so much, why did we have a huge mob beating military policemen to death? (Large, public crowd, not a few extremists). What about the snipers? The attacks? There are 2 sides to every story. If you think there are no grudges held about the invasion of their country, you're a fool. It wouldnt surprise me if resentment grows as it becomes apparent the US has no plans to leave soon and will probably be parachuting in yet another catastrophic 'friendly leader'.
        I walked across an empty land
        I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
        I felt the earth beneath my feet
        Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

And again, I ask the question. Why is it such a sin to criticize a leader? Can any of you who stand up for Bush (and don't get me wrong, I do respect your stance) manage to find any fault with him? I don't care what the fault is ... just prove to me that you disagree with him on something and don't follow him just because he's our Commander-in-Chief.

And unless you are earning more that $100,000 p.a., I would doubt it.

Just one. Just ONE fault...

Come on, you can do it...
          AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

Don't even get me started on the latest tax cut. It's completely unfair that those of us who tax taxes, but don't have any kids get shut out of this tax relief. In a way, the gov't is paying for people who were stupid enough to not use protection. Hey, not every single parent is in the lower income bracket, These tax cuts do nothing to help the economy. First off, a majority of these rebate checks will be used to pay off bills. That doesn't help the economy, because they're paying for money they already spent. Secondly, where does this money for the rebates come from? It doesn't magically appear out of thin air folks. Either some gov't programs are getting the shaft to help pay for this, or more than likely the gov't is handing out money that technically doesn't exist. If one ran their checking account like the gov't runs its budget, the bank would have already frozen your account, and would be looking at a potential charge of fraud (or at least a bad check charge). There needs to be a reality check in Washington, and the kind of check that won't bounce. States are suffering budget shortfalls because federal spending has been diverted to pay for "The War On Terrorism", "Homeland Security", and the several tax cuts. As the old saying goes: "The sins of the Father shall be repeated on the son." As each day goes by, Dubya's beginning to remind people more and more of his father.

Comment

Yet all over the TV screens were Iraqi's hugging and kissing US troops, and every letter we got from my brother who was in Iraq mentioned something about people offering food, people giving them money, people cheering as they drove by, etc.
              Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Firstly, realize that in the eyes of the Muslim (especially Arab) world, we are the 'Great Satan', a.k.a. 'the Infidels'.

Now, take 1 Muslim country.

Add reasonably secular Muslim population.

Take power away from country's government. Add a little anarchy and almost total loss of infrastructure.

Pour in invasion force of westerners of a Judeo-Christian background.

Add some religious fundementalism to what was a reasonably secular country.

What do you get? Well, you don't get a friggin' bed of roses, that's for sure.
              AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

I didnt like dubya when he was first elected, but I think that the way he has handled what has happened to the US is admirable.
                You know what, kaddyuk, I will agree with you to a point. I will fully admit that Al Gore would NOT have brought the nation together after 9/11 in the way that GW did.

See, even I can find something nice to say about him.
                AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

Saying what I said, all politicians are corrupt muther feckers who lie, cheat and steal to make sure that they stay in the job.
                  Alas. I agree and should really make my political leanings a little clearer: Whilst I hate the Republicans, I just strongly dislike the Democraps. They're both as bad as each other. Just one is a little worse.

Bring on the Mahatma Ghandi Party!!!
                  AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

Just remember, the President doesn’t make fiscal policy. All he can do is ask Congress to appropriate the money for whatever project or program he wants to fund.
                    What a shame that the Republicans at one end of Pennsylvania Avenue can't talk to the Republicans at the other end. Maybe he should ask nicer.
                    AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

Saying what I said, all politicians are corrupt muther feckers who lie, cheat and steal to make sure that they stay in the job.
                      Amen to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino

So you really think CNN is going to be putting out the scenes of Anti - invasion demonstrations and the like? How naiive ARE you? I watched much of the CNN coverage and found it jingoistic and one sided. The only time any of the other coalition forces were mentioned was when they died. If Iraq loves the occupation so much, why did we have a huge mob beating military policemen to death? (Large, public crowd, not a few extremists). What about the snipers? The attacks? There are 2 sides to every story. If you think there are no grudges held about the invasion of their country, you're a fool. It wouldnt surprise me if resentment grows as it becomes apparent the US has no plans to leave soon and will probably be parachuting in yet another catastrophic 'friendly leader'.
                        No, I think you are the naive fool.
                        Either you choose to ignore the fact that Saddam ruled his country by fear or you're just incredibly stupid. Do you think people were allowed to protest before we came in? No, they would have all been killed.
                        The Iraqi's still think Saddam is alive (and he may be) and they think he is gonna make a comeback and rule again, so some are still fighting for a pointless cause because they think if they don't, Saddam will kill them.

Show me where I said 100% of the Iraqi's love the US?

I'm waiting..
                        So are you saying that CNN might have put the people up to chanting stuff like "Go Bush! Go USA!" so they could have some good video?
                        Oh and for the record I have seen many anti-US demonstrations (on TV) in Iraq, then again I've also seen many pro-US demonstrations in Iraq.

Of course they want their country back but do you think if we left tomorrow they could rebuild without our help?

And I heard many mentions of the coalition forces who were still alive.

Despite what you might think, you don't know everything. I'm not saying I do either, but I find it odd when people like yourself know what the Iraqi's want and need, and know sthe ecrets about Saddam, Osama and WMD's.. Maybe you should work as an intelligence official?
                        "You can run but you'll die tired."
                        Semper Fidelis
                        United States Marine Corp !

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino

No, I think you are the naive fool.
                          Either you choose to ignore the fact that Saddam ruled his country by fear or you're just incredibly stupid. Do you think people were allowed to protest before we came in? No, they would have all been killed.
                          The Iraqi's still think Saddam is alive (and he may be) and they think he is gonna make a comeback and rule again, so some are still fighting for a pointless cause because they think if they don't, Saddam will kill them.

Show me where I said 100% of the Iraqi's love the US?

I'm waiting..
                          So are you saying that CNN might have put the people up to chanting stuff like "Go Bush! Go USA!" so they could have some good video?
                          Oh and for the record I have seen many anti-US demonstrations (on TV) in Iraq, then again I've also seen many pro-US demonstrations in Iraq.

Of course they want their country back but do you think if we left tomorrow they could rebuild without our help?

And I heard many mentions of the coalition forces who were still alive.

Despite what you might think, you don't know everything. I'm not saying I do either, but I find it odd when people like yourself know what the Iraqi's want and need, and know sthe ecrets about Saddam, Osama and WMD's.. Maybe you should work as an intelligence official?
                          Semper Fidelis

Comment

Originally posted by Airigami
                            And again, I ask the question. Why is it such a sin to criticize a leader? Can any of you who stand up for Bush (and don't get me wrong, I do respect your stance) manage to find any fault with him? I don't care what the fault is ... just prove to me that you disagree with him on something and don't follow him just because he's our Commander-in-Chief.

Just one. Just ONE fault...

Come on, you can do it...
                            How hypocritical.

Let me ask you this, why is it such a sin to support a leader?

I'm sure everyone who voted for Bush can find something they would disagree with him about, we are not "blindly following" him simply because he is our president.
                            Semper Fidelis

Comment

Now, speaking with my Australia hat on, I find it particularly rude that the U.S. Ambassador to Australia, Tom Scheiffer, a former baseball team owner and friend of GW is constantly involving himself in Australian politics.

Well there's them politicians for ya :P I think you guys don't understand that I differentiate between politics and diplomatics and regular Joe Shmoes.
                              I have NO problem with people from other countries critisizing the U.S. foreign policy in a balanced and thoughtfull way. But zak here thinks he lives in the U.S. He doesn't. He doesnt know whats going on here, what we're talking about, and what we get in the news. You know CNN and FOX aren't the ONLY news sources in all America. Personally, I prefer the paper to the network news channels, because I like to read. There are debates on CSPAN all the time with senators being interviewed and talks ranging on a variety of issues and topics. I feel like many Europeans think the U.S. is some communist dictatorship where nobody knows what the heck is going on. We have plenty of debate and Bush gets plenty of critics even within our country. There is currently a big debate on why the CIA allowed Bush to use erroneous information in his state of the Union address.
                              I won't take sides on that issue, but you guys (accross the pond) have to understand that not everyone in this country loves Bush, and we don't need any help figuring out if hes a good or bad president. Having people like zak go on and on about our politics like he knows better than us is just plain anoying.
                              Listen, I'm not to keen on this whole war in Iraq, I have my doubts about its usefullness and cause, but I don't need some nobody from another country telling ME what I should think.

See, even I can find something nice to say about him.

I wish there were more people like you. Personally I don't think I would have voted for him, but you have to give him credit for something.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                                So I'm not allowed to have an opinion because you think I shouldn't?
                                No...by all means...keep posting them!

I am so happy that you can make decisions for me. Bravo Jeff you can go and make everyone's political choices because you know everything.
                                It's a gift and a curse at the same time........... :P

Of course what do you tell your buddies. "I can make smart ass remarks to 16 year olds". Great life Jeff.
                                Sorry! I thought I was giving you a few years when I wrote 13!

R E L A X Grasshopper.............

Comment

Working...
                                X