No announcement yet.

dubya duz it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing this thread reminds me (unfortunately) of A.net non-aviation forum.

Let's recap:

Zak and Katamarino: US-bashers with nothing better to do that badmouth Bush without any factual knowledge.
    Katamatino's case is special, given that he/she flames Bush-suporters for not giving facts as evidence, since he/she doesn't do so him/herself (Disclaimer: Katamarino, I don't know your gender).

Clovis (leftseat86): Balanced, neither Bush-cheerleader nor Bush-basher, his quote about being fed up with the French society paying people to be lazy is simply PRICELESS.

Airgami: I think his contribution to this thread is the best overall. An Australian/American, he knows both sides of the issue, and he's a voice of moderation amongst the rabble rousers.

B757300: A soldier for the Bush cause, but sometimes he lets his mouth go, and he gets burned by the libs...

But I leave the best (or worst) for last:

SCHOENORAMA!!!

This guy is both registered at A.net and JP.net, but none, and I say NONE of his posts are aviation-related. All he does is trash the USA and Bush, even in a subject titled "Boeing launches new plane". He has to find a spin to badmouth USA and George Bush (his claim that he only opposes the Bush Administration is bullcrap; he has trashed common Americans as well, calling us "incultured brutes"). The sad part is that he's Spaniard, so he comes from a country that has a worst history than that of the US (Schoenorama: acuérdate de la Conquista, la Colonia, la Inquisición, y 20 millones de indígenas americanos). Conclusion: He's probably an anarka or comunista with nothing better to do. And ignorant of his history on top of that!!!

My 2 cents!!!

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
      Bush's credibility is beginning to reach that of the former Iraqi Information Minister. There is now a grassroots movement to have Bush impeached. There are even Articles of Impeachment that have been prepared on this site.
      http://www.votetoimpeach.org
      Hah! That movement will never go anywhere...Bush has not lied and has done no wrong. It's interesting to see that after 9/11 Democrats were screaming that more should have been done to prevent the attack, and then once we decide to do something to prevent further attacks, they think it is wrong...

Some things from votetoimpeach.org-

The alleged impeachable acts of President George W. Bush include:

1. Ordering and directing "first strike" war of aggression against Afghanistan causing thousands of deaths;
      It was NOT a first strike, there was already a first strike against US, on 9/11! Protecting your country from further aggression is not against the law.

2. Removing the government of Afghanistan by force and installing a government of his choice
      Well, had the Taliban still been ruling, women would be treated like trash and no religion would be tolerated except Islam. When a govt commits hostile actions against us, we are allowed to take them out.

3. Authorizing daily intrusions into Iraqi airspace and aerial attacks including attacks on alleged defense installations in Iraq which have killed hundreds of people in time of peace;
      LOL! Really, have they ever heard of the Gulf War? After it ended, we were to patrol a no fly zone and destroy weapons that violated the terms of surrender. Had Iraq been following the rules, the airstrikes never would have happened. Also, Iraqis fired SAMs countless times against coalition aircraft, and we fired back in self defense.

Authorizing, ordering and condoning attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq on civilians, civilian facilities and locations where civilian casualties are unavoidable;
      No war has ever had no civilian casualties, its sad but true. But thats war, it is impossible to fight a war without killing civilians. War is not outlawed, and neither is this...

Threatening the use of nuclear weapons and ordering preparation for their use;
      Once again, in self defense.

Threatening the independence and sovereignty of Iraq by belligerently proclaiming his personal intention to change its government by force;
      Wow..."independence" and "Iraq" in the same sentence!?! Iraq had no govt, they had a dictatorship. Clearly the people of this sight care nothing about the citizens of the world and are willing to tolerate the death and torture of millions just to accomplish their own agenda.

Authorizing, ordering and condoning assassinations, summary executions, murder, kidnappings, secret and other illegal detentions of individuals, torture and physical and psychological coercion of prisoners;
      BS...no proof of any of this or there would be an uproar...

Authorizing, ordering and condoning violations of rights of individuals under the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eight Amendments to the Constitution and of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, and other international protections of human rights;

Again, no proof of any of this...

Authorizing, directing and condoning bribery and coercion of individuals and governments to obtain his war ends;
      Once again, no proof.

10. Making, ordering and condoning false statements and propaganda and concealing information vital to public discussion and informed judgment to create a climate of fear and hatred and destroy opposition to his war goals.
      No proof that he lied to anyone to start this war...

I'm suprised they haven't included things like, "Sold US nuclear secrets to alien planets." What a load of BS.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying High
        Seeing this thread reminds me (unfortunately) of A.net non-aviation forum.

Let's recap:

Zak and Katamarino: US-bashers with nothing better to do that badmouth Bush without any factual knowledge.
        Katamatino's case is special, given that he/she flames Bush-suporters for not giving facts as evidence, since he/she doesn't do so him/herself (Disclaimer: Katamarino, I don't know your gender).
        i actually started this thread with fiscal figures, and continued to reply with facts and figures even tho the other posters have turned it into a "liberals vs bush and conservatives vs liberals" thread even tho my initial posting was mainly aimed at fiscal policy. i actually took the time to look up numbers whne someone came up with this "we americans are rich you guys are just jealous" stuff to make sure people realize the average european is usually near the avg american wealth wise. and some places of europe have an higher gdp and still manage to supply a social system. as you might see in my previous posting i actually tried to outline both sides of the story, the usa are a great place to live if you like the system etc, but at least respect the fact that tehre are other systems who are still absolutely free for the people and work too.
        so you might rather stick to reading peoples posting instead of making quick assumptions. thanks

p.s. i wont be able to reply cause im leaving to holiday in france in an hour, so sorry i will be a week late with my reply

cya all
        aviation chat on irc: #flightsimulation@quakenet

Comment

A dictatorship is still a form of government. And between the Department of Homeland Security and Attorney General Ashcroft, the US is edging ever closer to a police state, with Dubya as a benevolent dictator. One of Bush's campaign pledges was to make the Federal government smaller. One of Bush's creations to reduce the size......The Department of Homeland Security, a boondoggle of a Department, that has overstepping Constitutional law, and is a waste of taxpayers money. The TSA overspent it's initial budget, which has lead to long lines at many airports. They overhire screeners (expecting attrition to even things out) and end up laying off 9000 of them in a job market that has not been this depressed in decades; then within weeks of announcing the layoffs, announce the hiring of part-time screeners. What gives? The TSA and the Department of Homeland Security are nothing more than security blankets to comfort the citizens; we are as secure today as we were prior to 9/11/01, nothing has changed except the bureaucracies.

Comment

A solider for Bush? Please. I’ve criticized Bush on plenty of occasions but not for the war in Iraq or anything relating to foreign policy. Since that is the majority of what comes up on Airliners.net, it makes most of my posts pro-Bush. When it comes to certain domestic issues I think Bush needs to have a reality check but that is for another topic.

I get burned by the lefties? Please again. Unlike the lefties on Airliners.net, I’ve not been banned or suspended for posting a bunch of trash and I don’t run off to Airwhiners.net to post absolute dribble about other members. None of the facts I’ve posted has ever been proven to be wrong and many of the responses are usually tripe on the level of the two U.S. haters in this thread. Instead of trying to debate the subject they would rather post insults or try to defame my character as is the typical liberal M.O.

Just go read what they post @ Airwhiners.net. It is the epitome of childishness. The king troll over on both sites, Alpha1, got banned from Airliners.net for attacking several members who didn’t agree with him. Too bad they let him come back. I guess paying money each month and post 12 hours a day helps.

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
              A dictatorship is still a form of government. And between the Department of Homeland Security and Attorney General Ashcroft, the US is edging ever closer to a police state, with Dubya as a benevolent dictator. One of Bush's campaign pledges was to make the Federal government smaller. One of Bush's creations to reduce the size......The Department of Homeland Security, a boondoggle of a Department, that has overstepping Constitutional law, and is a waste of taxpayers money. The TSA overspent it's initial budget, which has lead to long lines at many airports. They overhire screeners (expecting attrition to even things out) and end up laying off 9000 of them in a job market that has not been this depressed in decades; then within weeks of announcing the layoffs, announce the hiring of part-time screeners. What gives? The TSA and the Department of Homeland Security are nothing more than security blankets to comfort the citizens; we are as secure today as we were prior to 9/11/01, nothing has changed except the bureaucracies.
              Sure we were pretty safe prior to 9/11; then 9/11 happened, and now we are nowhere near safe. We are more at risk now than ever before. Bin Laden, Saddam, and others are calling for attacks against the US. There has been 4 car bombs in Saudi Arabia, a bombing in Bali, and countless attacks against our troops. Arab extremists see 9/11 as a victory, it inspires them...The Homeland Security Dept is absolutely needed; we also need more troops on our borders, since Canada is being describes as a breeding ground for terrorists since they don't need visas. Also, a new story that has some people worried: 1,100 lbs of explosives were stolen in Colorado and California. They were the same type of explosives, and since they were stolen in the US, they don't need to pass through border checkpoints. Without the increased security of the post 9/11 measures, investing things such as these would be even more difficult.

Story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,92329,00.html
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

herpa2003 your signature is an insult to the 34 fine young sailors who perished aboard the U.S.S. Liberty, on June 8th, 1967.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                  herpa2003 your signature is an insult to the 34 fine young sailors who perished aboard the U.S.S. Liberty, on June 8th, 1967.

I am aware of what happened in 1967...however, I do not hold a grudge against them much like I do not hold a grudge against the Germans for WWII.

Comment

You are aware then, that even the current Israeli government will not admit to what really happened back on that June day in 1967?
                    I'm not pickin a fight here, just want to see how many people know what really happened.

-Clovis

Comment

• Originally posted by Katamarino
                      Originally posted by Boeing752R

No, I think you are the naive fool.
                      Either you choose to ignore the fact that Saddam ruled his country by fear or you're just incredibly stupid. Do you think people were allowed to protest before we came in? No, they would have all been killed.

And you're point is? You say this and then completely fail to mention how its relevant. I'll make the leap for you, and point out that whoever the leader of the country is this doesnt mean that the whole country is going to love you when you invade it. Its common sense. Are you trying to say that the protests are just for the hell of it, because they can?

The Iraqi's still think Saddam is alive (and he may be) and they think he is gonna make a comeback and rule again, so some are still fighting for a pointless cause because they think if they don't, Saddam will kill them.

I think the Iraqis should be given a little more credit. Is it not fairly apparent that the US is there to stay, which could indeed be half the problem?

Show me where I said 100% of the Iraqi's love the US?

Rob Wrote...

Yet all over the TV screens were Iraqi's hugging and kissing US troops, and every letter we got from my brother who was in Iraq mentioned something about people offering food, people giving them money, people cheering as they drove by, etc.

So its not saying 100%, but i didnt say that either, so its a moot point.

So are you saying that CNN might have put the people up to chanting stuff like "Go Bush! Go USA!" so they could have some good video?
                      Oh and for the record I have seen many anti-US demonstrations (on TV) in Iraq, then again I've also seen many pro-US demonstrations in Iraq.

I'll ignore your rather bitchy first comment, because you know full well thats not what i meant. So, if you've seen many demonsrations of both, i guess every negative point just failed to slip into your first, well-balanced post...?

Of course they want their country back but do you think if we left tomorrow they could rebuild without our help?

Not now that you've blown it to bits

And I heard many mentions of the coalition forces who were still alive.

Despite what you might think, you don't know everything. I'm not saying I do either, but I find it odd when people like yourself know what the Iraqi's want and need, and know sthe ecrets about Saddam, Osama and WMD's.. Maybe you should work as an intelligence official?

Bitchy little boy, bitchy
                      Is that all you got? You have no points, no facts, no info and no argument. All you can do is make up stuff and call people names like a child. Your only recourse is "bitch little boy, bitchy" when you have nothing else to say because you KNOW I'm right, but hey I don't expect you to admit that. You obviously hate American's (though I suppose you've probably never even been here and your only judgement is of Americans who get into arguments with you after you make up stories.)

So why don't you get some decent points off the many Anti-US sites you visit then come back and see me.
                      "You can run but you'll die tired."
                      Semper Fidelis
                      United States Marine Corp !

Comment

• Originally posted by Boeing752R
                        You obviously hate American's (though I suppose you've probably never even been here and your only judgement is of Americans who get into arguments with you after you make up stories.)
                        Is a shade over 50 trips enough for you? 40 of them over a week, about 20 of them over 3...

And how can i hate Americans (especially as we've seen i've never even been to America...). I like Clovis dont i I think the only American i dont like on this site is you Few of the others are so belligerent or arrogant
                        I walked across an empty land
                        I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                        I felt the earth beneath my feet
                        Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

• Herpa2003 I would think that since you live near the border with another country you might at least pick up the perspective of another nation.

This thread did start as a concern about the massive deficit in the U.S.A. Whether we like it or not when the States runs huge deficits it effects the economies of practically every other country.

So everybody take a deep breath, a walk around the corner and don't get so bent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flying High
                            SCHOENORAMA!!!

This guy is both registered at A.net and JP.net, but none, and I say NONE of his posts are aviation-related.
                            And your point is?

All he does is trash the USA and Bush, even in a subject titled "Boeing launches new plane".
                            I thought you said none of my posts were aviation-related?

He has to find a spin to badmouth USA and George Bush (his claim that he only opposes the Bush Administration is bullcrap; he has trashed common Americans as well, calling us "incultured brutes").
                            Care to provide a link to the post in question? You can't, 'cause I never said such a thing!

The sad part is that he's Spaniard, so he comes from a country that has a worst history than that of the US...
                            First of all, there's nothing sad about being Spanish. Second, I'm not Spanish! If you would have read my posts at this and a-net more carefully, you would have known that by now!

(Schoenorama: acuérdate de la Conquista, la Colonia, la Inquisición, y 20 millones de indígenas americanos).
                            Me acuerdo muy bien de ellos, y ellos también se acuerdan de España. Sé perfectamente que el papel de España en América del Sur no fue la más perfecta, por decirlo de alguna forma. ¡Pero eso no significa que no pueda criticar a tu gobierno ni a tu presidente, capullo!

Conclusion: He's probably an anarka or comunista with nothing better to do. And ignorant of his history on top of that!!!
                            Shows just how narrow-minded you are. When people critisize your government, they're either anarchists or communists. Typical. And you call me ignorant!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leftseat86
                              You are aware then, that even the current Israeli government will not admit to what really happened back on that June day in 1967?
                              I'm not pickin a fight here, just want to see how many people know what really happened.

-Clovis
                              Well, Israel is saying they mistook the ship for an Egyptian warship...I'm not taking sides here; what Israel did was wrong, but we can't hold it against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ptbodale
                                Herpa2003 I would think that since you live near the border with another country you might at least pick up the perspective of another nation.

This thread did start as a concern about the massive deficit in the U.S.A. Whether we like it or not when the States runs huge deficits it effects the economies of practically every other country.

So everybody take a deep breath, a walk around the corner and don't get so bent.
                                I have talked to many Canadians and most of them are not fond of Bush. That's their opinion; I have my own. The administration is saying the deficit should be cut in half in a few years, so at least we know that they are working on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X