Question! Converting an Auto to a Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question! Converting an Auto to a Manual

I have a 2000 Honda Civic (really 1999 model), and does anyone know if it is possible to convert it from a automatic transmission to a 5 speed manual.

How much would this cost?
    -Kevin

Well Kevin. You will need to run clutch linkages, a standard tranny, and the labour to put it in. It will probably cost a couple of thousand.
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
      I have a 2000 Honda Civic (really 1999 model), and does anyone know if it is possible to convert it from a automatic transmission to a 5 speed manual.

How much would this cost?
      Dont waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
        Dont waste of money
        three possibilities:

Don't waste your money

Big waste of money

Kevin's a retard for asking

j/k about that last one

Comment

Just not worth it.For the money a conversion would cost you'd be better off ditching the Honda and getting a used car with manual.

Comment

Kev, just get a horse and buggy. The horse will trim your lawn and the s__t can help the garden grow.

And you will be the only one at school with one

Comment

Maybe you could get a car with a Tiptronic shit also, i know it doesn't have the feel of a manual but still...I have Tiptronic on my car and its pretty nice..to change it from D to Tiptronic or maybe S
              ***My Blog***

Comment

Yeah a couple of my friends have that Tiptronic. It's pretty sweet
                Bobby DeBarge
                www.debargephoto.com
                http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
                1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                  Maybe you could get a car with a Tiptronic shit also, i know it doesn't have the feel of a manual but still...I have Tiptronic on my car and its pretty nice..to change it from D to Tiptronic or maybe S
                  I don't know, I'd prefer Tiptronic shiFt . And yes, it is pretty sweet. Thanks to Tiptronic, the Opel Vectra I drive at work uses around 1.5 liters less than when compared to Automatic. On the open road/interstate it makes no real difference, but you will notice it when driving through the city.

Comment

You sir, have a 2005-2006 VW Jetta with 6-speed Auto.
                    -Kevin

Comment

Why do you want to convert the car to begin with?

Comment

Sell the current ride and buy another one with a manual... it's a waste of money to convert.
                        My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                          I don't know, I'd prefer Tiptronic shiFt . And yes, it is pretty sweet. Thanks to Tiptronic, the Opel Vectra I drive at work uses around 1.5 liters less than when compared to Automatic. On the open road/interstate it makes no real difference, but you will notice it when driving through the city.

hahaha, yup SHIFT, But i saw that when ever you shift it into tiptronic, atleast in my car, there is ALWAYS a slight delay in the shifting..If you change at 4 RPM its not going to change untill it hits 5RPM...HUGE lag..I drove a Mazda 3 with tiptronic, and it did not have that lag..

But yes tiptronic is a real plus, when driving in traffic or the city..
                          ***My Blog***

Comment

hahaha, yup SHIFT, But i saw that when ever you shift it into tiptronic, atleast in my car, there is ALWAYS a slight delay in the shifting..If you change at 4 RPM its not going to change untill it hits 5RPM...HUGE lag..I drove a Mazda 3 with tiptronic, and it did not have that lag..

But yes tiptronic is a real plus, when driving in traffic or the city..
                            I'm not surprised. 3 or 4 rpm is quite a bit less than normal

Comment

I drove a Renault Scenic with tiptronic in Spain. It was nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X