F1 Loses an Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Loses an Icon

'Schumi' just announced his retirement in an Official press release....

BUT he will become 8 time World champion.
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

I know it's pretty sad... I remember he was my favourite driver since I first watched F1 (back in 9. it's great that he used such an amazing place to end his career. Monza in know for it's record speeds so I hope he will have some nice memories.

Comment

Shumi won. But for me more important is that Poland's only F1 racer, R.Kubica got 3rd place for the first time in history !!! WOOOOHOOOOO

he races for team BMW.

Comment

Only 3 more races left for Schumi then . But if he ends his career with his 8th title, I will be more than happy .
        And yes, excellent performance for Kubica, 3rd in only his 3rd race, not bad.

Comment

Schumi is the very best of Formula One driver in the world ! Thank you so much for all you have made since your first race... I never forget you
          I'm sure you will win your 8th championship

The relief team is now arrived with Kubica

Comment

pffft....good riddance! he's the dirtiest sportsman F1 has ever had! no time for him or his 7 championships...

next trips
            USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
              pffft....good riddance! he's the dirtiest sportsman F1 has ever had! no time for him or his 7 championships...
              Why you say so ? I think he worked hard for all championships he got.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                Why you say so ? I think he worked hard for all championships he got.
                Damon Hill incident is one that sticks out a mile..he never let his teammates compete on a level playing field...good driver, crap sportsman.

next trips
                USA/DXB August.

Comment

Good god, you are like most Brits. The Hill "Incident" happened OVER A DECADE AGO. Just get over it, for fvck's sake. And I guess all his other titles are then probably only flukes then, right?

Comment

Monty is upset cos he isnt allowed to sit infront of the tv pretending to be an F1 driver himself...

isnt the right monty?
                    My photos on J.net

Comment

Pro : an outstanding unparalleled racing driver.
                      Against : may have pushed Ruben Barrichiello into the ropes and ultimately out to the cold.
                      Verdict : has lots of potential to pursue another life as a race driver. Options are plentyful : IndyCar, Champ, protoypes....
                      Alain
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        Good god, you are like most Brits. The Hill "Incident" happened OVER A DECADE AGO. Just get over it, for fvck's sake. And I guess all his other titles are then probably only flukes then, right?
                        How about 1997? His deliberate attempt to ram Villeneuve off the track. He got disqualified from the whole season for that. First time in F1 history. Remember the team orders fiasco on the last lap in Austria? The infamous Schumacher 'chop' at the start of the race? Monaco qualifying this year?

The question I have is that I will never know if he is as good as his fan-bois say he is because he never had a top flight driver (that was allowed to compete in even terms) as a team mate. A flawed genius at best.

Comment

Originally posted by mapguy
                          How about 1997? His deliberate attempt to ram Villeneuve off the track. He got disqualified from the whole season for that. First time in F1 history.
                          First time in F1 history? BS, guys like Mansell have attempted the same stunt way before Schumacher was even driving carts.

Remember the team orders fiasco on the last lap in Austria?
                          Read your own words: "TEAM order". The team gave Rubens that order, not Schumacher, and you could tell that Schumacher himself was uncomfortable with Ferrari's decision.

The infamous Schumacher 'chop' at the start of the race?
                          As if he's the only one to have done that in the history of F1 .

Monaco qualifying this year?
                          He got his punishment for that, didn't he? Which btw was way stronger than Alonso's penalty in Monza.
                          The question I have is that I will never know if he is as good as his fan-bois say he is because he never had a top flight driver (that was allowed to compete in even terms) as a team mate.
                          A flawed genius at best.[/QUOTE]
                          Read through history, and you will realise that in most cases, the top-driver of a team never had a "top flight driver" as a team mate, and when it actually did happen for once, it was the collision of two egos, which each driver wanting to be the #1 for the team.

A flawed genius at best.
                          Flawed argumentation, based on seeing everything as just black and white on your part.

Comment

First time in F1 history?
                            Name one other driver who was disqualified from an F1 season?

As if he's the only one to have done that in the history of F1
                            Why, pray tell, do they call it the Schumacher chop?

Read your own words: "TEAM order". The team gave Rubens that order, not Schumacher, and you could tell that Schumacher himself was uncomfortable with Ferrari's decision.
                            I can see that in the last race or two when the championship is on the line, but in the sixth race? When he already had a commanding lead? The only reason why he was uncomfortable was because everyone was booing him.

Flawed argumentation, based on seeing everything as just black and white on your part.
                            BS. What makes a driver 'great' is talent and character. He may have the talent but his character is lacking. He is not a gentleman. Not in the likes of Clark, Fangio, Stewart or Gilles Villeneuve. He and Senna have their own place in F1. Flawed Geniuses.

Comment

Name one other driver who was disqualified from an F1 season?
                              James Hunt.

Why, pray tell, do they call it the Schumacher chop?
                              Because everyone wants him to be negatively spoken about.

I can see that in the last race or two when the championship is on the line, but in the sixth race? When he already had a commanding lead? The only reason why he was uncomfortable was because everyone was booing him
                              You could read some Background Magazines, That means if you where smart enough to do so.
                              Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                              - Metzgermeister

Comment

Working...
                              X