***The Post Anything Thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cx777
    Try to irritate a member by quoting his reply and post mastadon to all his replies. How would you think the forums would look like. John was just thinking about other viewers like he said don't flood the other threads .
    We were thinking of calling you 'little mastodon".
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

You son of a Mastadon !!!

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
        We were thinking of calling you 'little mastodon".
        Fine by me.. Call me what you want.. What ever makes you happy..

Anyways, You're Just A Figment Of My Imagination

btw, do you know what that means???
        -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
        EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
        NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
        NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
        NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
        NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Something to do with imaginary dried fruits, specifically figs?
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Try to irritate a member by quoting his reply and post mastadon to all his replies. How would you think the forums would look like. John was just thinking about other viewers like he said don't flood the other threads .
            You had the same sig as maxpower about not making fun of people. Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
              Something to do with imaginary dried fruits, specifically figs?
              Dude, i think you're talking about figs..

WRONG-O

I think you should ask your little friends here what I said means
              -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
              EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
              NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
              NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
              NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
              NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Dude, i think you're talking about figs..

WRONG-O

I think you should ask your little friends here what I said means
                Sorri...my eengris vairy bad. Plees to forgeef.

Comment

d;slkfajs;dfjsadkjfWTF??!?!klfhd;saf
                  ***My Blog***

Comment

Sounds like a 2nd grade insult.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Comment

Hank looks a little loopy there.

Comment

AD Refugee - Just To Get Aquainted 1

Of cause, mil and pilot rule 1.5 (also applies to AD survivors): Damage Control...

I am going through all threads now, and this for the next weeks (probably), so expect some comments on things long gone by in this JP societies conscience, its just to get aquainted... (...errr, you sure have a different selcection of Smilies here..., R. )

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                          Ever try to get a credit for your company that YOUR PARTNER screwed out of 150K? Near impossible. And as I have stated once before, if you think you can survive at work through being honest, you need a reality check. Work is all about stealing and screwing people out of money, one big steaming pile of bullsh!t.
                          Sorry, mate, but you havent understood anything yet IMHO, here my take, bit by bit:

Ever try to get a credit for your company that YOUR PARTNER screwed out of 150K? Near impossible. - snip-
                          I agree. Does that mean you have to take *your* positiion? No, Sir! (happened to me with a partner of 10 yrs. Not the amount, but it was *everything* the company had at that time, and it was going well - of cause, this was 2+ decades ago amountwise...).

In my case my partner vaciated the safe when i was on holiday (the first in 5 yrs) and when I came back I entered all legal stuff prosecution (knowing beforehand there was no money to withdraw, throwing (a fair amount of) good money after bad, just on the point of: "This Title Is Valid 30 Yrs. If this guy ever gets dough in his hand again I want mine back, nobody gets away with a cheat like this *with ME !!*").

Indeed, 5 yrs later the guy needs a clean sheet for a job and - via his advocate - asks me whether I would take 30% of his debt and write him clean... I did, though the 30% were just about what I had invested in attorneys to get The Title in the first place...

Well, he got his job in Iraq, never heard of him after.

5 yrs later again (more or less) none of us photographers wanted to go to Iraq for fear of BC threat, I (for the money) decided to go free-lance to Baghdad. I do the Iraq side (fairly safe as a German at that time) and, suddenly, but predicted from my colleagues, got stuck big (an bad) time.

Just before it got *really* bad (but after having suffered loss of equipment and bruises), suddenly stumbles in this electrician to rewire something in the hideout, also German, who happens to be my ex-partner... Got me out in a whim through his business contacts, ***AND paying for it***, w/o questions.

LL: Life does crazy things, cant judge whats good and bad in a whim after when it happens. Follow your gut feeling and: !!! Do The Right Thing !!! (whatever this means for you, basically its about your ethics background, if you happen to have one...).

- snip- ...if you think you can survive at work through being honest, you need a reality check. Work is all about stealing and screwing people out of money... -snip-
                          The reality check is on you:

During my professional life both as ex-.mil and photojournalist I have learned different:

Of cause there are ppl (like you?) whou would sell their grandmother (or their wife?) to get the careeer boost, but they only make out about 85%.

The 15% rest is the people you should (from my POV) get to know and treat as you want to be treated. Its the honest (or, better: honorable) folks out ther that make the difference...

I live in "3% Country", being self-employed.

Every 2nd colleague tells me he cannot get this or that job without paying, every wholesale guy tries to pass cash when I order something for customers, every real estate guy offers me cash for information, customers ask me in for a drink to do some "special" service (let your imagination run), etc...

Well, my standard reply: "I wont pay comission, nor take comission, and, actually, I wont even discuss it...".

This way, maybe I have not amounted a fortune, but I earn more than I can spend, work 6 hours daily max, and everybody in the village greets me on the street.

In my experience being honest and follow through to your beliefs almost guarantees you have friends when you need them, and to have your enemies off your address book.

My 2 (euro) cent,

Rattler
                          AD.info? Rings a bell somehow...

Comment

Working...
                          X