No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on the new car..(BMW 328i Coupe) *pics included*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as always, BMW just rocks - good choice!

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    No, it's the attitude of the drivers behind the wheel that cause the bad rep .

so you dont like the way Turks drive? You should not see me driving

Seriously I get what you mean, same here - and it is certainly not a racist thing folks. The car rules anyway.
    greetings,
    Philip

Comment

ahh, gotta love the "look at me and all my money" threads

Comment

No, it's the attitude of the drivers behind the wheel that cause the bad rep .
        I get your point, sorry about that. Thanks for your clarification.

I guess all car brands have a bad reputation in my country.

Cheers.
        TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

99.9% of all 3-Series BMWs in Germany are being driven by Turks.
          99.9% of the ones in Dallas are driven by people under age 30, now burdened by serious debt! My mother-in-law had a 2001 3-series, then a 2003 5-series and now an 2005 X5. I've driven them all and they're all outstanding vehicles. You won't regret your choice. Congrats!

Also, tell them NOT to install the front bumper license plate bracket, unless it's required where you live. It looks MUCH better without a front plate.
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
            This car is more expensive than VW
            Really? You dont say... I never knew, thanks you for informing me.
            -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              ahh, gotta love the "look at me and all my money" threads

Then why reply if you don't like it

Well guys, i don't know how the reputation of BMW is in Germany, but i think the cars awesome! I would really recommend it to anyone whoes buying a car here at the moment! Go and take a Test drive on the 335i in fact, the 300 twin turbo will literally blow your mind (for whats in the price range) its only about 1-2 seconds slower then the M3 (not the new one)...and about 20 grand less...really somthing to think about..
              ***My Blog***

Comment

outstanding.....good choice
                THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

I like the new Altima 3.5 SE-R model. I test drove it and it's fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Toernblom
                    I like the new Altima 3.5 SE-R model. I test drove it and it's fast!

Yeah, the SE-R is a nice car, i liked it, but i didn't want to go with Nissan, for various reasons. HP is about the same:

Nissan: 260hp @ 5800 rpm..
                    BMW: 300hp @1500 rpm <--- makes a difference..

Also the BMW is twin turbo!
                    ***My Blog***

Comment

Hmm, BM's have had their day i'm afraid. There are just far too many about now (at least in the UK) to have any prestige status. Gone are the days where I wanted one. They are rep vehicles which spend thier lives on motorways.

I am a big fan of German vehicles however, and i'd have to choose an A4 instead...well lets push the boat out and say S4!!

Or, for something completely different, on my recent trip to OZ, I was treated to a quick ride in the new VE Holden Commodore SSV....one very, very nice car with Audi build quality and handling compared to a BMW 5. One hell of an engine too..proper 6ltr V8. Rumours have it that Vauxhall are bringing that and the HSV version to the UK next year..can't wait!

Last edited by B7772ADL; 2006-09-20, 21:45.

Comment

Holden/Vauxhall/Opel/whatever they are called in other countries/Saturn have some powerfull cars out right now. Just look at the whole Opel OPC series, e.g. the Astra:

Add to that the Meriva, Corsa, Vectra and Signum, and you have a whole car family tuned to the max. And they can easily keep up with the BMWs, Mercs and Audis of this world, heck, the Vectra is licensed to a higher Vmax than either of the other brands.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                          Or, for something completely different, on my recent trip to OZ, I was treated to a quick ride in the new VE Holden Commodore SSV....one very, very nice car with Audi build quality and handling compared to a BMW 5. One hell of an engine too..proper 6ltr V8. Rumours have it that Vauxhall are bringing that and the HSV version to the UK next year..can't wait!
                          I'm so sorry but a Holden with Audi build quality and BMW 5-series handling is something that I've never heard of. That would be a dream car sold everywhere in this world that everybody would speak about.

I don't know this new model but the previous one was just a "fat butt", cheapish build quality and guzzling car.

A 6-litre V8? I'm sure it's fast in a motorway but I wonder how it handles in a countryside road and how big your wallet would have to be to pay for the petrol in Britain.

I drove a rental Toyota Avalon (Australian model) last year, automatic with a V6 and only 200 hp, and I had never consumed so much petrol in my life for the distance I drove. Fortunately, petrol in Australia costs half compared to Europe.

Holden/Vauxhall/Opel/whatever they are called in other countries/Saturn have some powerfull cars out right now. Just look at the whole Opel OPC series, e.g. the Astra:

Add to that the Meriva, Corsa, Vectra and Signum, and you have a whole car family tuned to the max. And they can easily keep up with the BMWs, Mercs and Audis of this world, heck, the Vectra is licensed to a higher Vmax than either of the other brands.
                          Opel's can drive very fast in a straight line and keep up with BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's while doing it for all the rest you just can't compare them.

Regards.

www.flytap.com

Comment

If you want a BMW 335i with 6 spd it will get less gas mileages

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-A343
                              Opel's can drive very fast in a straight line and keep up with BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's while doing it for all the rest you just can't compare them.
                              Shows that you don't know much about the new Opels . They can easily compare to BMWs, Mercs and Audis on routes other than just going straight.

Comment

Shows that you don't know much about the new Opels .
                                I know they are cheap.

Cheers.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Working...
                                X